POLL: When did you start playing KSP?

Pickelhaube808

Signed in just to respond here....been a long time since I signed in on the forums.

I'm fairly sure I started on 0.13, but the earliest version I have in my folder is 0.17.

I initially bought it for my son, back in 2011 I think or 2010. I ended up playing it more than him.

I then ended up buying another copy for myself sometime after that.

By the time 1.0 came out, I'd done everything already. I'll probably fire it up again sometime this year.

For me, I got into KSP back in 2013 not that long before 0.21 was released so while I did get a few missions in with the old SAS, Support Buildings, Mun, etc. I never really got that used to them.

That was almost 6 years ago I just realised … I feel old all of a sudden.

AviosAdku

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was 0.23, maybe 0.22. Before the NASA pack. The good old days of needing loads of struts to make anything stay together.

So long ago. And sometimes it seems like a lot of my really good missions I did relatively early on and ever since I've been a bit stuck in the doldrums. (Mind you I did some good stuff last year, and haven't played much in 2019). I think the editor gizmos are a bit of a double-edged sword for me, as they encourage more time spent tweaking looks rather than focusing on function.

I first heard about the game back in July/August 2014 before buying 0.90 at the end of the year. It wasn’t until a full year later — December 2015 — that I managed to finally update to 1.0.5, because I first got the game off of the original KSP website, not Steam. 

I still miss the planet-destroying double-claw glitch...

I found out about it in 2014 and wanted to download it on the Nintendo 3DS  when it came out (since it said it was going to be released *Cough @SQUAD*) in 2018 I was tired of watching people so I gave it a try and landed on Every moon and planet

Edited by Guest

On 4/24/2019 at 11:26 PM, razark said:

Coworkers were talking about it, so I downloaded the 0.13.3 demo.  0.15 was out at the time.

I bought it when 0.16 was released.

Almost exact same time as me! I got it just before 0.16, but that was the version I started playing. 
I remember Mun was a new thing then (and that was it), you couldn't have more than one flight in progress at a time, Kerbals couldn't go on EVA and IIRC the Mk1 command pod was the only command pod and it had 3 Kerbals all crammed into it. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.