[1.12.2] Water Launch Sites (2021-09-11)

flart

Add 2 new spawn points near the KSC Shore: on the water surface for boats and underwater for submarines (only in the SPH). 

I couldn't resist and have added few objects on the shore: a tower and marinas.
Also you can find 2 new* underwater anomalies on the Kerbin (locate them using KerbNet or SCANsat).

A spawn point for boats is a purpose of the mod, so I am not going to add a lot of static objects.

pRtHv5s.jpg

Kerbal Konstruct and Module Manager are dependencies.

The KK supports stock launchsite list.
Also the KK has its own KK launchsite list, where you can open/close launchsites, and they will appear/disappear in the stock list respectively.

wWbtjju.png

By default the Sea Level launchsite is opened.

The mod should work on the rescaled systems or with those "upgraded KSC" mods.
The DLC Making History is recommended, without the DLC, there will be another tower and no marinas

KottabosGames video (v0.9.1):

Spoiler

Download:

Releases page: https://github.com/yalov/WaterLaunchSites/releases

Dependencies:  KKMM

Localization is supported.

Donation: Patreon

Link-ChangeLog-blue.svg  Link-Spacedock-blue.svg

CKAN-Indexed-green.svg  WaterLaunchSites.svg?label=Version&color  speedunitannex.svg?maxAge=3600&label=Lic

Edited by flart

The tower is south of the runway and north of the Launchpad, so you will see it, but will have a hard time accidentally crashing into,
so nothing will interrupt Valentina while she is gazing beyond the horizon

62SsPrL.jpg

Edited by flart

5 hours ago, flart said:

The tower is south of the runway and north of the Launchpad, so you will see it, but will have a hard time accidentally crashing into,
so nothing will interrupt Valentina while she is 
gazing beyond the horizon

62SsPrL.jpg

Oh think nothing of it! It is such a proper kerbal thing to have a tower more-or-less on the alignment of the runway! Heheheeh. 100% approval here.

13 minutes ago, Acronza1 said:

when i launch my ship i get put into the empty void of space 

The DLC is not required. Do you have the last KK? Other planet packs doesn't supported.
Try redownload KK, MM, and WLS.
if it doesn't help, give me more description, maybe a screenshot and <game_folder>/KSP.log.

Edited by flart

Now this is what should come included with the stock game.. (Squad if you read this give this guy a nice little royalty will you?

Also I think the positioning is okay  though a bit further south ot the right of the launchpad is okay too (Though if you want you could in teory put it anywhere along the short oline..

Also is it possible to make multiple launch areass (Much like what Tundra did in his Spa Center idea.. 

With this one little mod, now you can go by land sea or even air! Will keep updating as long as it is supported 

(Also I let the guys at KK  to see if we could come up with a dock function model so that this mod can have a bit more of a life!

But again, Keep up the excellent work!

Space_Coote.

Edited by Space_Coyote
Feedack on Mod

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, flart said:

@Kjonde564 Did you forget to enable other launch sites in the settings? 

Do you have last version of KSP, KK, MM, WLS ?

Do you have any of Making History launchsites in the MH-launchsites-menu or any of KK launchsites in the KK-launchsites-menu?

For the future, you could find how-to-get-support-read-first helpful.

Sorry for bothering you. I didn’t know to get to the launchsites I needed to check the space plane hanger. I checked and I have them

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, miguelsgamingch said:

1.8 PLEASE!!!!

Please don’t pester mod authors. They do this in their own time, free of charge, and have no obligation to provide updates (ie, they could stop any time they wanted).

I’m sure flart will get an update out soon, be patient :wink:

Well is it okay to make a suggestion then.

I was thinking of having the port move to say another location on the map and a good spot I was thinking was on the north side of the map where there is that bay..  After all I tend to think of that area more of a port area as it is a natural bay .. also it would allow folks to bring their ships into that poort area and actually use it to launch from..

So that's all this is.. a suggestion and nothing more.

Space_Coyote

On 12/14/2019 at 9:49 AM, flart said:

The mod should work with the appropriate version of KK. I believe I was testing it, when KK was updated for the 1.8

Well I'm testing it with 1.8.1 and the latest version of KK (1.8.1.5) and it doesn't work for some od reason.. I mean it spawns out the locations but the list doesn't show up in the space plane hangar drop down menu..

Any ideas as to why?

Space_Coyote

On 12/17/2019 at 3:58 AM, flart said:

@Space_Coyote try also the KK list in the SPH or the Sandbox mode, it could help figure out why.
I will check the mod for the 1.8.1, but later

Well this is starting to look more along the linds fof something bigger going on... After all this could be a Save Game issue or something going on with Kerbal Konstructs (and yes I am using a lot of stuff here as I do want both the KSDC Extended and the Water Launch sites going on.. Also I made tha tsuggestion about moving the start points and the location of the launch sites for the water to the north of the KSC Center . that way if you have a rocket Failure and it sexplodes the ships that you put in the water launch sites would not be damaged by Falling debis..

Like I said it's just a thought..

Space_Coyote

Edit: Also if you want i can show you an idea of where to put this so it makes perfect sense with the KSC Extnded mod.. Now if we could only get some "Docks" then we could make KSC look very professional..

Edited by Space_Coyote
Addendum

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.