[KSP 1.12.2] VesselMover Continued (Sep, 2021)

jrodriguez

VesselMover Continued 

Pick up, move, rotate, place, or drop landed vessels quickly and easily.

NOTE:  Since BahamutoD is now busy with real life and has graciously made it known that we can continue support in his stead, I'm reviving the mod in this thread and will continue its support.  

The original VesselMover thread is here:

Download Locations: https://github.com/jrodrigv/VesselMover/releases

Installation:

Extract the folder called "VesselMover" to KSP's GameData folder.

For installation convenience, VesselMover is now CKAN listed, and supports KSP-AVC.

Usage:

Use the toolbar menu buttons to pick up, place, or drop a vessel. It must be landed or splashed down in order to pick it up.

Use Tab key to change Movement Mode. This changes the base altitude and movement speeds
For long distances, it works well to use "Ludicrous speed" in map mode!

New!* Use the Throttle Up and Down (Shift and Control by default) to raise and lower the Altitude

New!* Use Throttle Cuttoff (X by default) to Reset the Movement Mode Altitude if changes have been made.

Use pitch/yaw (WASD by default) to move around.

Use roll (Q/E by default) to roll, and translation buttons (IJKL by default) to rotate pitch and yaw.

Use translate fwd/back (H or N by default) to auto rotate planes and rockets respectively to level/upright.

Click spawn vessel to open the craft browser.  Select a craft, then select a place to spawn it.  
It will spawn in vessel-move mode so you can reposition it or rotate it before placing it down or dropping it (free fall baby!).

License: MIT

Source code: https://github.com/jrodrigv/VesselMover

Edited by jrodriguez
New version for KSP 1.12.2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Firstly, thanks for keeping this mod alive. 

I seem to have stumbled onto a slight issue with the Breaking Ground DLC Robotic Scanning Arms and Vessel Mover (VM)? if you have a Scanning Arm attached and try to use VM you end up in outer space a gazillion light years away (well that might be a slight exaggeration). Remove the Arm and VM is back to being controllable.

Cheers

Hi @jrodriguez, thanks for maintaining the mod!

I confirm the issue reported by @Getsome2030 (nice nickname, by the way).

More details:

• When you click "Move Vessel", altitude increases as expected but does not stop increasing, so in a few seconds the vessel ise out of Kerbin atmosphere and keeps going
  • At that point, clicking "Place Vessel" moves the vessel back downwards quickly until 100m ASL, and then very slowly until landed again
  • If, instead of clicking "Place Vessel", either of the throttle up/down key is pressed (expecting to adjust altitude), then everything breaks and the vessel ends up on escape trajectory from the Kerbol system
  • This happens whenever at least one of the 3 rover camera arms from Breaking Ground is present on the vessel
  • Running KSP 1.7.1.2539 (Windows x64 DirectX3D11) and VesselMover 1.7.4

No idea what krakenish thing is included in these new parts, but it looks bad!

Cheers.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:14 PM, Getsome2030 said:

Firstly, thanks for keeping this mod alive. 

I seem to have stumbled onto a slight issue with the Breaking Ground DLC Robotic Scanning Arms and Vessel Mover (VM)? if you have a Scanning Arm attached and try to use VM you end up in outer space a gazillion light years away (well that might be a slight exaggeration). Remove the Arm and VM is back to being controllable.

Cheers

21 hours ago, nmc said:

Hi @jrodriguez, thanks for maintaining the mod!

I confirm the issue reported by @Getsome2030 (nice nickname, by the way).

More details:

• When you click "Move Vessel", altitude increases as expected but does not stop increasing, so in a few seconds the vessel ise out of Kerbin atmosphere and keeps going
  • At that point, clicking "Place Vessel" moves the vessel back downwards quickly until 100m ASL, and then very slowly until landed again
  • If, instead of clicking "Place Vessel", either of the throttle up/down key is pressed (expecting to adjust altitude), then everything breaks and the vessel ends up on escape trajectory from the Kerbol system
  • This happens whenever at least one of the 3 rover camera arms from Breaking Ground is present on the vessel
  • Running KSP 1.7.1.2539 (Windows x64 DirectX3D11) and VesselMover 1.7.4

No idea what krakenish thing is included in these new parts, but it looks bad!

Cheers.

Hi all,

I have released a new version recompiled for KSP 1.7.1, you can find it here: https://github.com/jrodrigv/VesselMover/releases

Two things in order to avoid issues:

- I have noticed that if you try to spawn a vessel that was not created from scratch with KSP 1.7.1 it might make everything to crash.

- As usual you should NOT re-root a vessel and use it with VesselMover. VesselMover has never support to spawn a vessel that has been re-rooted

Hi, Thanks for the update and have taken note of two points to avoid this issue. 

I still have the issue by just attaching a scanner arm to a craft and launching it from either VAB or the SPH? Have KSP 1.7.1 with the 2 DLC's installed and the only two mods I have are VesselMover.1.7.5.0_06092019 and HyperEdit. 

Simple to recreate the issue: build any craft, I used 1xprobeStackSmall 1x batteryBank and a largeAdapter as the base. Launch and activate Vessel Mover = all works as it should :)

Return to VAB attach a Scanner Arm, launch and then activate Vessel Mover the ship will continue to go up into orbit. Return to VAB, remove arm and launch, activate Vessel Mover and it all works as it should. 

Cheers

6 minutes ago, Getsome2030 said:

Hi, Thanks for the update and have taken note of two points to avoid this issue. 

I still have the issue by just attaching a scanner arm to a craft and launching it from either VAB or the SPH? Have KSP 1.7.1 with the 2 DLC's installed and the only two mods I have are VesselMover.1.7.5.0_06092019 and HyperEdit. 

Simple to recreate the issue: build any craft, I used 1xprobeStackSmall 1x batteryBank and a largeAdapter as the base. Launch and activate Vessel Mover = all works as it should :)

Return to VAB attach a Scanner Arm, launch and then activate Vessel Mover the ship will continue to go up into orbit. Return to VAB, remove arm and launch, activate Vessel Mover and it all works as it should. 

Cheers

Thanks for the info. I have managed to reproduce it. I will try to fix it :)

Ok, so it looks pretty bad and I don't think I will be able to fix it easily. The reason is because there is not exceptions and the standard KSP API is returning unexpected values when the vessel has a robotic arm.

53 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Ok, so it looks pretty bad and I don't think I will be able to fix it easily. The reason is because there is not exceptions and the standard KSP API is returning unexpected values when the vessel has a robotic arm.

That's a shame. I noticed it recently and was very confused why my craft were being launched, not just into orbit, but in one case into an absurd escape velocity out of the entire Kerbol system. LIGHTSPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDohwait.

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

Thanks for the update on progress.

In the meantime as long as everyone is aware of the issue, i'm sure we can find ways to get around it. E.g. only use Vessel Mover with craft without a Science arm attached. If you come across something that needs scanning fly a craft in with a science arm attached. :)

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sebastiaz said:

Hey, funny question but is it possible to get the newest version of Vesselmover to be compatible for older versions such as 1.3.1?

It should not be difficult to do it but sorry I'll not be doing it.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2019 at 4:16 AM, Xd the great said:

Is it just me, or does Vessel Mover make spawned crafts' Breaking Ground robotics all gone? I.E. controller fields become blank?

I have this exact same issue, I really hope it's fixed soon as it's put quite a hindrance on some of my projects. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2019 at 5:23 AM, Jimmy Firyh said:

I have this exact same issue, I really hope it's fixed soon as it's put quite a hindrance on some of my projects. 

Hello,

Did this get fixed or is it still a problem?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.