[KSP 1.12.2] VesselMover Continued (Sep, 2021)

jrodriguez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hello there,

got a little problem with the mod, when i try to spawn a vessel he always appears stuck on the ground like this:

HqIfoYs.pngI can't switch to the vessel because it says it's moving and it make the game really laggy too.

I tried on different save, on different launchpad and with different vessel but it's always the same.

I tried to remove all the mods i got and with different version of the mod but nothing change.

Any idea what can cause this ?

2 hours ago, Raoul Duke said:

hello there,

got a little problem with the mod, when i try to spawn a vessel he always appears stuck on the ground like this:

HqIfoYs.pngI can't switch to the vessel because it says it's moving and it make the game really laggy too.

I tried on different save, on different launchpad and with different vessel but it's always the same.

I tried to remove all the mods i got and with different version of the mod but nothing change.

Any idea what can cause this ?

Usually, all the problems related with spawning vessels using vessel mover are caused by a change of the root part. If you start building a new ship and stick with the same root part you should not have any problem.

It's not been mentioned in this thread but it seems a) like a great pity VesselMover is unable to situate a craft upon the surface of any planet other than Kerbin; and b) that it would not be hard to modify it to do so?

VM declines to take control of a vessel that "is not landed".  I'd be quite happy to Alt-F12 my vessel into low orbit around, say, Eve, and then activate VM to take it under control and lower it to the surface at the location I desire.

Would you please consider this?  Here's why it is important.  The design of a craft that is intended to fly on Eve might perhaps ONLY fly on Eve (not Kerbin, Duna or Laythe) and therefore, its testing needs to occur on Eve.

1 hour ago, Hotel26 said:

It's not been mentioned in this thread but it seems a) like a great pity VesselMover is unable to situate a craft upon the surface of any planet other than Kerbin; and b) that it would not be hard to modify it to do so?

VM declines to take control of a vessel that "is not landed".  I'd be quite happy to Alt-F12 my vessel into low orbit around, say, Eve, and then activate VM to take it under control and lower it to the surface at the location I desire.

Would you please consider this?  Here's why it is important.  The design of a craft that is intended to fly on Eve might perhaps ONLY fly on Eve (not Kerbin, Duna or Laythe) and therefore, its testing needs to occur on Eve.

You could use the cheat menu 'set position' function in conjunction with Vessel Mover.

Edited by RealKerbal3x

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You could use the cheat menu 'set position' function in conjunction with Vessel Mover

I am very familiar with Set Orbit which will set you in orbit in space, but will not land you.  I did Alt-F12: Cheats: Set Orbit but don't see Set Position anywhere.

Just now, Hotel26 said:

I am very familiar with Set Orbit which will set you in orbit in space, but will not land you.  I did Alt-F12: Cheats: Set Orbit but don't see Set Position anywhere.

It's a recent addition in 1.9, if you're not yet on that version. It should appear as an option under Set Orbit.

It's a bit difficult to get the hang of, as it requires entering target coordinates. But using Vessel Mover in conjunction with it should be easier, as VM just uses simple drag handles.

1 hour ago, Hotel26 said:

HyperEdit mod already does that and much more. Personally I always use HyperEdit to land on other planets and once I am there then I use Vessel Mover to spawn more vessels quickly.

Finally. I'm not going to add any other feature to this mod. I'm just doing the basic maintenance to make it work for each KSP release.

I thinks i found a solution to my problem if anyone encounter it.

So i instaled the mod with CKAN rather than manualy and now it spawn stuff fine.

Don't really now what changed tho, i looked the ckan files for the mod and the one gived on github but they seems to be exactly the same.

Anyway thanks for the answer and for keeping those great mods alive !

• 1 month later...

Hi @jrodriguez, first and foremost thanks for the amazing mods :) 

This is just a heads-up in case you need info for Vessel Mover in 1.10. I noticed that Vessel Mover is working partially fine in 1.10. It moves the vessels nicely,  just the Vessel Spawn function is returning a NullReference. I can also share my log if you need.

https://imgur.com/a/PZsOEjl

Cheers and once again thanks for the amazing mods

On 7/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, SPEKTRE said:

This is just a heads-up in case you need info for Vessel Mover in 1.10. I noticed that Vessel Mover is working partially fine in 1.10. It moves the vessels nicely,  just the Vessel Spawn function is returning a NullReference. I can also share my log if you need.

Thanks for the news, I Have been using this mod, but since a moved computer's i forgot to download VesselMover for my drone ship's.

But here i am downloading it, so thanks

On 7/4/2020 at 4:17 PM, SPEKTRE said:

Confirmed, pressing the Load button after selecting a ship does nothing but a NullRef.

Please fix it ASAP so I can test my F-35s in a squadron.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it works on KSP 1.10.1.  VM is version 1.9.0.

There is an issue though (which I've had since KSP 1.9 but I just considered it a minor one)...  When spawning a vessel in any other body, VM freezes after loading the craft.  Until I found out the workaround, I thought that the game itself froze.  The workaround is to select the spawned craft by pressing "]" (switch to next vessel).  If that doesn't work, try previous vessel.  Actually, I was already using EasyVesselSwitch for dealing with groups of kerbals so for me, I just ALT-LMB click the spawned vessel to select it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My aircraft carrier doesn't want to move when moved into the water by vessel mover, but i don't know if it is the carrier or vesselmover

Aircraftcarrier: Nimitz

Edit: no fault of Vesselmover it must be FAR

Edited by Neros7

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, jrodriguez said:

Usually, all the problems related with spawning vessels using vessel mover are caused by a change of the root part. If you start building a new ship and stick with the same root part you should not have any problem.

I have the same problem and I didn´t changed the root part and vessel mover is still doing it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.