Ruggedized rover wheels have no traction

I landed a base on Duna for a contract, and realised I'd forgotten the mono tanks.

So I designed and tested a rover with a detachable mono tank, launched and landed within 3km of the base (so far so good)

But then I discover to my growing frustration that because the base is on a slight incline, I can't get the traction I need to manoeuvre onto the docking port, moreover, when I turn the wheels left, the rover slips right! This didn't seem to be a problem with the foldable wheels I used with my original Duna rover which gripped so hard I ended up tipping the thing.

Is this a bug, or has Duna turned into a giant strawberry ice lollipop?

Test your rover on the runway. I suspect your wheels aren’t configured correctly. You want to make sure that all the wheels on each side are going the same direction, and make sure it the ones with turning enabled turn the right direction

On 4/23/2019 at 2:01 AM, Broke dead dogg said:

I landed a base on Duna for a contract, and realised I'd forgotten the mono tanks.

So I designed and tested a rover with a detachable mono tank, launched and landed within 3km of the base (so far so good)

But then I discover to my growing frustration that because the base is on a slight incline, I can't get the traction I need to manoeuvre onto the docking port, moreover, when I turn the wheels left, the rover slips right! This didn't seem to be a problem with the foldable wheels I used with my original Duna rover which gripped so hard I ended up tipping the thing.

Is this a bug, or has Duna turned into a giant strawberry ice lollipop?

Yes, something's not working correctly with wheels on other planets.

I've done a few rovers in the last couple of days that work fine on the runway, but then have no traction on another planet, despite much fiddling with the friction and traction settings.

Make sure your reaction wheels aren't overpowering your wheels. If they are you may experience unexpected orientation changes. And make sure your command module is facing the correct direction. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.