[kOS] Garwel's kOS Script Library

garwel

I want to share with you my personal library of kOS scripts that I use for many standard tasks: launches, landings, docking, maneuver execution etc. They are pretty versatile and most can be fine-tuned for your specific needs (e.g. launch with a certain inclination, land near a waypoint and so on). Some provide simple real-time telemetry and even log it to CSV files, so you can later analyze their performance. I also tried to document the code with comments, so you can see what's what. Most of the scripts can be used separately from one another.

I'll keep improving them as I play, so check for updates. Feel free to modify them too and share your amendments with PRs on Github.

Details & Download

Please do read the readme file before seeking support.

License: MIT

In looking through your Readme, I noticed that you mention a mod that adds signal delay to stock commnet without all the rest of the baggage that Remote Tech comes with.  I may have an interest in this.  Enforcing signal delay is pretty much the only reason I use remote tech, and for everything else I'm entirely happy with just the more simplified CommNet.

kOS has an "ConnectivityManager" addon system that is used to model how it has 3 options: PermitAll, CommNet, or RemoteTech.  It could be hypothetically possible to make a 4th choice, CommNetAndSignalDelay, to give you the same terminal command delays that Remote Tech has, but it would take a bit of time to study and learn how SignalDelay works, and possibly a small bit of refactoring to "genericize" a couple of hardcoded assumptions here and there in the kOS code that say, "only Remote Tech needs the signal delay counter in the terminal".

57 minutes ago, Steven Mading said:

In looking through your Readme, I noticed that you mention a mod that adds signal delay to stock commnet without all the rest of the baggage that Remote Tech comes with.  I may have an interest in this.  Enforcing signal delay is pretty much the only reason I use remote tech, and for everything else I'm entirely happy with just the more simplified CommNet.

kOS has an "ConnectivityManager" addon system that is used to model how it has 3 options: PermitAll, CommNet, or RemoteTech.  It could be hypothetically possible to make a 4th choice, CommNetAndSignalDelay, to give you the same terminal command delays that Remote Tech has, but it would take a bit of time to study and learn how SignalDelay works, and possibly a small bit of refactoring to "genericize" a couple of hardcoded assumptions here and there in the kOS code that say, "only Remote Tech needs the signal delay counter in the terminal".

I'd be happy to help implement that. I have very little experience with public APIs and cooperation between mods, but hopefully it's not too complicated. We could discuss it in the Signal Delay's thread.

Edited by garwel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.