Engine plate and Kraken

Okay, I still have no idea when the Krakens get summoned with an engine plate -- whether that have to do with the node tree and etc.

Basically, I want to attach 9 SRB to the bottom of a 3.75m Engine plate, by means of the 8x1 nodes. However, Just by putting them onto the launch pad, even without flying, the Kraken is automatically summoned and send the spinning before exploding.

So how does the Engine Plate actually works regarding to the parts below? I actually managed to put a bunch of thrusters, and none of them fly apart.

1 minute ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Are the SRBs touching? That may be the issue. If not, are you using launch clamps? Those might help

The SRB actually had been moved out with tool so they are not touching each other; had not check if they are touching the engine plate.. the entire rocket is suspended off the ground by the means of launch clamps

57 minutes ago, klesh said:

I just had a go, could not replicate using all 3 SRB types.

https://imgur.com/a/KzKE1nq

Thank you. What is the root node of the craft?

The reason I am asking is because it's a variant of my "Butalae Octa", and it definitely doesn't fly apart despite the tanks being mounted on the engine plate nodes. I did encounter issues before on my Ladle YiWCC due to root nodes and etc.

Edited by Jestersage

1 hour ago, Jestersage said:

Thank you. What is the root node of the craft?

The reason I am asking is because it's a variant of my "Butalae Octa", and it definitely doesn't fly apart despite the tanks being mounted on the engine plate nodes. I did encounter issues before on my Ladle YiWCC due to root nodes and etc.

Root part in that el-quicko example was the command pod.  Also of note is that I simply attached the SRBs to the engine plate nodes and didn't slide them around at all.

7 hours ago, Jestersage said:

However, Just by putting them onto the launch pad, even without flying, the Kraken is automatically summoned and send the spinning before exploding.

Suspecting a case of symmetrical parts spazzing out and starting an ever-worse wobble, I have to ask: have you tried struts?

4 hours ago, Laie said:

Suspecting a case of symmetrical parts spazzing out and starting an ever-worse wobble, I have to ask: have you tried struts?

Yeah, been trying to avoid it. Of course, anythign attached to engine plate is autostrut.

I know it has been done. In my case, the Butalae octa (ie Saturn I clone). In the case of other's Luizopiloto's Omega M1. Yeah, he have struts.

Also,  @klesh I found that if I copy you el-quicko, then it does not fall apart.... but when it flies it exploded.

EDIT: So far, my suspicion is that due to the forced grandparents, and possibly other behaviors (may or may not be caused by mods, but I only have build aid mods, KER -- no part mods), anything attached to the side nodes does not like clipping. Furthermore, while initial building is okay, attempt to place struts that link with other items attached to the side-nodes of the engine plate will fail.

even with the side-to-side struts, the large solid rockets still find itself not stabled and ended up falling apart.

Feel like instead of getting answers, I will have to research the engine plate behavior to prevent Kraken.

Edited by Jestersage

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.