Steam keeps reloading stuff I deleted

I've got a lot of old missions and saves I have been deleting to clean up my files.  I had KSP 1.7 crash on me several times, so uninstalled and reinstalled it. Surprise: all my deleted folders reappeared. So I copied the steam folder to another drive, deleted it, uniinstalled Steam (which at this point was not loading properly) reinstalled and voila!  I have all the old folders again. Where are these saves coming from and why is it not remembering my deletes?  I've never before had a problem of simply deleting those saves from the game folder.

I also tried suggestions of clearing my download and browser caches on Steam itself.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Klapaucius

33 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

How do I do that?

1. Open Steam and navigate to your Steam Library.
  2. Right-click on Kerbal and select Properties.
  3. Select the Updates tab and uncheck the Enable Steam Cloud synchronization option.
  4. Click Close.
  5. If you want you can go to Steam Settings and disable the default option as well for all games.
  6. And Remember Google is your friend(maybe? :D).
Edited by Boyster

KSP can be launched outside of steam. If you copy the game to say your desktop or another location. Then launch it from that location. Thing is you don't get Steam played time, steam cloud sync, workshop and other features. I use this for my modded games as a KSP update can break some things in middle of a play through, since it preserves my KSP version. I am only suggesting this because this is in the Technical Support (PC modded installs) and you may be modding your game. Also it is a suggestion to fix the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.