I know this is a lot to ask but i was wondering if star systems could be added to the game and more late game tech (500+ SCIENCE) and the ability to travel to these systems via normal methods or maybe a warp engine. i am thinking as you progress further the parts get more and more op but with a draw back of cost, science to unlock. now if this does get implemented it will probably be only an additional 9 star-systems and just shy of 100 new parts (there are already about 300 in game at the moment).

Now i know i will get some feedback saying this is unrealistic or that's a lot of work for the devs. I respect that but i thought that i would share my ideas with you via the fourms.

If i receive any questions i will try to reply and answer as many as i can.

Edited by KerbalRocket

On 4/26/2019 at 5:58 AM, KerbalRocket said:

only an additional 9 star-systems

Yeah.....Looks like you never played complete KSS(AKA 2 hours of loading simulator)

If they had to add so many solar sistem they would need to REALLY optimize the loading procces for the game OR they would add these stars but they would have less planets than Kerbol.

For going to these planets my idea is that when you get an encounter with a star you get an option to "Mega time warp" that would just teleport your vessel all they way to the encounter.

This has been suggested before, and the answer is always the same: 

THERE'S A MOD FOR THAT

But, of course, if you don't want to have mods then it would be nice to have them stock. But having other star systems would make the loading time ridiculous, among other lag-related things. I honestly just don't think this is possible with KSP at the moment - so mods will have to do.

Have your fun with Kopernicus. Just don’t load up until you are absolutely sure everything is right because it might take more time for it to load than it takes to fix the problem by onehundredfold.

Edited by Fraston

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KerbalRocket said:

-snip- No Mans Sky

wasn't nms like, a complete and total disaster when it launched? probably not a good idea to compare ksp to that.

anyways, as has been said above, just use mods. it's already highly unlikely new planets will be made stock, let alone a solar system or even 9 of them.

Edited by electricpants

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/28/2019 at 2:49 PM, Duck McFuddle said:

This has been suggested before, and the answer is always the same: 

THERE'S A MOD FOR THAT

But, of course, if you don't want to have mods then it would be nice to have them stock. But having other star systems would make the loading time ridiculous, among other lag-related things. I honestly just don't think this is possible with KSP at the moment - so mods will have to do.

I can never make mods work tho

On 6/19/2019 at 1:15 PM, ILoveStars said:

I can never make mods work tho

Yeah I had a lot of trouble getting mods to work at first as well, and my wild adventures in the realm of KSP files ended more than once with me breaking the game. I eventually got some to work, but half the time they don’t seem to work right. Most of the time I just keep mods turned off, pretty much just because it’s too much work and I don’t find them that useful.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.