Rudolf Meier

[WIP] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Next

no to RO, sadly.

I have a new version now that should solve this DLC robotic problem... but it's simply stupid what I had to do...

maybe I need to split this up and bring a new version 4.0.x for all older ksps and 4.1.x for 1.7.3 and later... I will have to see what I do

for the moment it's out as pre-release or beta

Could i use this to prevent this:

I like the game as it is in stock, except for som parts. like the one above.

If i install this, can i choose only to use this on specific parts and have the other ones stock?

I like the challenge with the weak joints otherwise.

Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Casper_83 said:

If i install this, can i choose only to use this on specific parts and have the other ones stock?

KJRn doesn't have this option, because it tries to find weak joints that shouldn't be weak and builds additional joints. The idea is not to make everything unrealisticly strong, but only to fix the unrealisticly weak joints.

... in theory I could imagine a way to achieve what you want by modifying the configuration of KJRn and playing with the old and still available options. But the development of KJRn goes into an other direction. It's going more into a fully automatic way with more intelligent detection of weak joints.

The fact that you have a problem with a rotating part makes it even more complicated.

Edited by Rudolf Meier

On 7/24/2019 at 5:40 AM, Casper_83 said:

Careful use of Autostruts and Rigid Attachment should be able to help you

for all those who want to do experiments and find out which parts of the ship are unstable, there is a new option in the debug version of 4.x.15 that allows you to see what's unstable

I hope that with this new tool we can also find out if KJRn is working as expected and if not improve it... without seeing where it bends, it was always hard to tell if it behaves like we want it