[1.12.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9)

linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am having trouble with mod in my KSP 1.10.1 with latest download 1.3.8

the problem is that it tends to work in grounds like completely fine and then it doesn't work in space!! I had similar issue in pervious version of ksp 1.9.1 and now I've updated the game and it still has the similar issues

Here is the log file with the screenshots:

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URc6pQNAQSlPpOY-XlcdPp288zeQusAE/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots:

On ground (Working): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-H9in-n3q_mVI8P5uqFh9cfcqhYMxL5f/view?usp=sharing

In space (Not working ): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9Ns9eVPOQVAfpRv0y2aTM9UL_11dNCo/view?usp=sharing

[Let me know if you need more info.]

Edited by Dhruv

On 12/24/2020 at 6:34 PM, Dhruv said:

Hello, I am having trouble with mod in my KSP 1.10.1 with latest download 1.3.8

the problem is that it tends to work in grounds like completely fine and then it doesn't work in space!! I had similar issue in pervious version of ksp 1.9.1 and now I've updated the game and it still has the similar issues

Here is the log file with the screenshots:

KSP log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URc6pQNAQSlPpOY-XlcdPp288zeQusAE/view?usp=sharing

[Let me know if you need more info.]

I'm surprised your KSP is working - that log file has constant NRE from Parallax among others issue on loading the game.

I do see the NRE from Docking camera, but it you'll probably need to work out what combination is causing that issue before it can be troubleshooted much.

I've launch a vessel into space around Minmus and the KURS docking cam worked fine.

6 hours ago, cyberKerb said:

I'm surprised your KSP is working - that log file has constant NRE from Parallax among others issue on loading the game.

I do see the NRE from Docking camera, but it you'll probably need to work out what combination is causing that issue before it can be troubleshooted much.

I've launch a vessel into space around Minmus and the KURS docking cam worked fine.

Well luckily I got it fixed but my main  concern is that it should work while using hyper edit. I just want to check my rover on mars (Duna), I used hyper edit and it didn't work!

I want to know if it is supposed to work like that or not?? 

Well technically it still doesn't work not even when don't I use Hyper Edit. Like the moment you switch to map view and come back the camera is gone!

Would really appreciate it anyone could help to sort this problem out!

Edited by Dhruv

@linuxgurugamer question... I am investigating an issue on some docking ports, where the KURS camera seems to be obscured by a port mesh.

Just wondering if the existing docing node transform needs to maybe be manipulated, or if I can just add a new "camera" transform for KURS to use.
I guess my question is, is KURS able to use custom transform names defined by cfg, or is it hard-coded to only use the dockingnode transform itself?

Also, what if the part has moar than one docing node? does URS loo for an axact match on which node name to use, or maybe would it default to using the one in the first listed ModuleDockingNode?

Edited by Stone Blue

54 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

@linuxgurugamer question... I am investigating an issue on some docking ports, where the KURS camera seems to be obscured by a port mesh.

Just wondering if the existing docing node transform needs to maybe be manipulated, or if I can just add a new "camera" transform for KURS to use.
I guess my question is, is KURS able to use custom transform names defined by cfg, or is it hard-coded to only use the dockingnode transform itself?

Also, what if the part has moar than one docing node? does URS loo for an axact match on which node name to use, or maybe would it default to using the one in the first listed ModuleDockingNode?

Seems that if you specify the name of the transform in a parameter called cameraName:

cameraName = transform

The following is added to all parts which have ModuleDockingNode via a patch called MM_KSPCamera.cfg:

MODULE
	{
		name = DockingCameraModule
		noise = false
	}

so you would have to play around with the patch to exclude certain parts, and then add the module with the camera name via another patch.

If no camera name, then it defaults to a transform called "dockingNode", i think

So, I am not sure if I am just missing something on how the UI wors, or not, but I dont seem to be able to get the zoom slider, or the other buttons to show in the UI.

Also, my Grayscale and CRT shaders are apparently transparent.

I also see there are dupe /PluginData folders. If I remove the one *next* to the /Plugins folder, KURS breaks... If I remove the one *inside* the /Plugins folder, it works... (mostly vOv)

Also, I have another craft/port right next to active craft... the info window is not showing the cam on the other craft? vOv

Oh, also, if you shrink the cam UI down to the smallest size, then accidentally click the " - " again... then grab the window to drag it, as soon as you shift it, the window jumps to the LARGEST size. :P
EDIT: huh... it also resizes, if you click the " - " one too many times... but then move your cursor *outside* the KSP window, or even just click elsewhere in the KSP window... :O
I'm thining that might be a thing, with ToolbarController? vOv (mouse/click focus?)

This is v1.3.8 on 1.11.0, lightly modded install. Figured I'd get confirmation these are actually issues, or if only operator err, before posting logs... :P

PfhNpZF.pngZvR1Mt7.png
Also wondering what could be up with this craft (2 craft docked together). Granted, its got two modded ports in the middle.

PxQGIjR.png

Completely stock craft, except the two center OPT ports. Has ClampOTrons on the ends.
Thought maybe it could be a control from here/node issue, but switch control to any part on the craft doesnt seem to affect it, so far.
I also assume, the camera ignores all meshes on same vessel, and thats why the two in the middle, "see" thru the craft?

Edited by Stone Blue

4 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Also, my Grayscale and CRT shaders are apparently transparent.

I know

So, I am not sure if I am just missing something on how the UI wors, or not, but I dont seem to be able to get the zoom slider, or the other buttons to show in the UI.

Have you targeted anything?

Also wondering what could be up with this craft (2 craft docked together). Granted, its got two modded ports in the middle.

Try it without the modded ports

9 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I know

:thumbs_up:

10 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you targeted anything?

Yes... another rover's port, ~15m away vOv

11 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try it without the modded ports

But I'm trying to fix a supposed  problem these ports have with KURS. :P
Actually, after I posted here, I *did* test with those OPT ports swapped for stock ports... and the camera orientation *works* for those stock ports, I'm happy to report... lol ;)

The cam does not work with OPT's docking ports. I actually mentioned this to JadeofMar over there at OPT's thread.

What I guess is happening, is that the 3d model, the skin if you will, passes in front of where the camera "looks from". 

Dong know if this bears on the issue discussed above but though it worth mentioning.

6 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

:thumbs_up:

Yes... another rover's port, ~15m away vOv

But I'm trying to fix a supposed  problem these ports have with KURS. :P
Actually, after I posted here, I *did* test with those OPT ports swapped for stock ports... and the camera orientation *works* for those stock ports, I'm happy to report... lol ;)

Ok.  I wonder if those ports don't have a transform called "dockingNode".  You might have to play around with supplying transform names from the model. First disable the MM_ patch in the mod, then look at both the configs and possible the model file to see if you can find the transform.

Also, you can try playing with the following three additional fields:

• cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  • cameraForward =  0.0,  1.0,  0.0
  • cameraUp =  0.0,  1.0,  0.0

Remember, the mod was designed for stock ports, non-stock ports may not follow all the same rules

16 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok.  I wonder if those ports don't have a transform called "dockingNode".  You might have to play around with supplying transform names from the model. First disable the MM_ patch in the mod, then look at both the configs and possible the model file to see if you can find the transform.

Also, you can try playing with the following three additional fields:

• cameraPosition = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
  • cameraForward =  0.0,  1.0,  0.0
  • cameraUp =  0.0,  1.0,  0.0

Remember, the mod was designed for stock ports, non-stock ports may not follow all the same rules

Yup.. already on that. Looed at the model first thing.
One reason I didnt want to say there were bugs with KURS, is specifically because I'm messing with these modded ports.
They have multiple ModuleDocingNodes per part, and to top that off, the posrt extend/are animated, and the docingnode transforms animate with them

Currently, yeah... I've added the KURS patch for them, right into the part cfg, for testing...

And THANX for the headsup on those three transform manipulation keys... I'll try those, as that seems to be my main issue: the camera itself seesm to be woring, but its view/orientation seems to be all wrong, even tho my added camera transform is just a duplicate of the docingnode transform.. i now the docing transforms are placed/oriented correctly, so I'm just trying to figure out why the view for my added camera-specific transform is oriented differently.

I just have to test/experiment moar ;)
But all your added info has been a boon.

Edited by Stone Blue

Hey @linuxgurugamer I see a small bug/inconsistency with the camera part of the mod. I think an update or 2 ago you changed the mod to 'remember' the position of the KURS camera from docking systems. This was great because  camera  window came back to the same spot and didn't have to be moved every it was used. However the same code is not in the Camera part in the mod. For the Camera part, the window always pops up in upper left. Not a huge problem, but would be great if in the next update the camera window also used the same code as docking port to save window position.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Do you have the dependencies installed.

I installed through CKAN. I will check.

Also, it is a heavily modded installation so anything can be happening. Are you already testing this in 1.11.1?

Edit: Yes, both of the installed.

Edited by Tacombel

@linuxgurugamer I notice the camera UI is persistent thru not only vessel switching, but on scene changes as well. On vessel change, it still shows the view from the original vessel.

Just wondering if this is intended, and if its good or bad. (maybe on performance or something?... I notice secene/vessel changes *do* take a couple seconds or longer to load, becuase of it), but I havent played long enuff, while using it, yet, to decide if I like it or not... vOv

Idk if it would be worth it, or easy enuff, to mebbe add a "persistent" on/off setting for the user? vOv
or at least to code it, under the hood, so it only stays persistent *for the exact vessel* it was originally activated on?

And, barring performance or other issues, I would consider this a feature request, and as always, no expectations on your part, either way.
Mebbe others will pipe up with their thoughts/takes on it vOv

Edited by Stone Blue

Hi @linuxgurugamer,

I thought I'd chime in with an issue I'm having, I am running  KSP 1.11.1, but I suspect that it's more related to my late 2013 iMac.

The issue is basically that everything works except the image which is just a magenta block. Looking at the logs it looks like an issue with the shaders not being compatible in some way. I tested this on a reasonably modded version (half the mods seems to be supported by you, where do you find the time?), but reproduced the issue in a clean copy with just the dependencies.

Environment

KSP : 1.11.1.3066 (OSXPlayer) en-us (64bit)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4771 CPU @ 3.50GHz (8)
RAM: 32768
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M OpenGL Engine (4096MB)

Problem
Camera (docking camera and part camera) only show magenta background under the overlay. The actual overlay,
controls and UI appear correctly and are working.

Mods Installed
ClickThroughBlocker v0.1.10.15 / v1.0.0.0
ToolbarControl v0.1.9.4 / v1.0.0.0
DockingCamera v1.3.8.0 / v1.0.0.0

Reproduction steps
Build a simple craft in the hanger which includes a camera. Lauch the vehicle to the runway
and put on brakes. Open Docking Camera UI from toolbar, right click on camera and tur nit on.
Camera UI appears with image only as a magenta background.

Logs (I think that this will work)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zXpr-_Y-R_8FBhvR2mbaFB34aC739Mov/view?usp=sharing

Additional notes :

I suspect the important part of the logs are where Unity is having trouble finding / loading
the shaders.

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Shaders/Shader.cpp Line: 558)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'DockingCamera/NightVisionClear' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
ERROR: Shader Shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'DockingCamera/NightVisionClear' - Setting to default shader.
Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

I hope this helps with looking at the issue, should I look into raising this  on Github as well?