[1.12.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9)

linuxgurugamer

Hello,

I have a question about the docking camera this mod places on the stock docking clamps (like  on the Clamp-O-Tron).    Is there a zoom fucntion in game for the docking camera?   I noticed on some youtube vidoes that show off the docking camera, they were zooming the docking view in and out.  I have looked all over but can't find any method to change the zoom.  If there is not a function, is there a way in the a config file somewhere where we can set the zoom amount or field of view?   Really like this mod, just would like to zoom the view out a little bit.

Thanks,

Ken

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Grimmas said:

I have a 32:9 (DQHD) monitor and the docking cam looks squished like this. Am I out of luck with this mod? Happy to post logs if you want though I don't think it would be useful for this case.

d7eUEX0.jpg

that is a very wide monitor, I envy you

Logs won't help.

And, sorry to say, I think you are out of luck.  I can take a look, but not really sure what's going on, and without a monitor to test with, it's rather hard to do anything

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 9:31 PM, Virtualgenius said:

I cant seem to get the camera window to pop up using AVP and wondering if anyone else experiences it 

On 9/7/2022 at 12:09 AM, infinite_monkey said:

I don't have AVP, but I get no camera window as well.

That should have no effect, would need log files to guess at anything else

@linuxgurugamerI don't know how you keep all these mods up to date, but thanks! :) Especially this one, as I'm a big fan of that cute little 'ugly' external camera for making the game more immersive. I love looking down along the rocket during ascent and following Kerbals during EVAs, adds a lot of immersion.

Edited by Starfire70

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to use this on KSP 1.12.3 on linux, but the camera windows shows only a pink image. In the log file there's

[LOG 21:39:27.631] OLDD_AssetLoader: finished
[ERR 21:39:27.633] Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

[ERR 21:39:27.633] Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

[ERR 21:39:27.634] Desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

So probably a shader issue?

• 2 months later...

It doesn't seems working on 1.24.4 for me. I tried empty the GameData with only Docking Cam and its dependencies installed, still not working.

I turned Docking Camera to ON on the port, nothing happened with or without having a target. Then I clicked Camera Adjuster, multiple NullReferenceException showed up on debug console, as well as a blank window titled Camera Adjuster. 

here's the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i0ru8gegwolxu6/Player.log?dl=0

12 hours ago, henrylzy said:

It doesn't seems working on 1.24.4 for me. I tried empty the GameData with only Docking Cam and its dependencies installed, still not working.

I turned Docking Camera to ON on the port, nothing happened with or without having a target. Then I clicked Camera Adjuster, multiple NullReferenceException showed up on debug console, as well as a blank window titled Camera Adjuster. 

here's the log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5i0ru8gegwolxu6/Player.log?dl=0

Since you are using the CameraAdjuster, I'll need some more info, such as the ModuleManager.configcache, and, since it seems that you are working on adding this to a new part which it currently isn't set up, the part as well.

34 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Since you are using the CameraAdjuster, I'll need some more info, such as the ModuleManager.configcache, and, since it seems that you are working on adding this to a new part which it currently isn't set up, the part as well.

I was more like clicking around and see if anything works. And I wasn't trying to add the module to a new part if that's what you mean. All parts are stock, if you see any part that the name is not exactly in English, it's because the game was installed like this on Steam and I was too lazy to learn how to change the language back to English. The vessel has a MK2 pod and a KV-3 reentry pod, connected with two clamp-o-tron jr. docking ports.

Here's the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxkurbxpr1y7o7c/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

Edited by henrylzy

15 hours ago, henrylzy said:

I was more like clicking around and see if anything works. And I wasn't trying to add the module to a new part if that's what you mean. All parts are stock, if you see any part that the name is not exactly in English, it's because the game was installed like this on Steam and I was too lazy to learn how to change the language back to English. The vessel has a MK2 pod and a KV-3 reentry pod, connected with two clamp-o-tron jr. docking ports.

Here's the file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxkurbxpr1y7o7c/ModuleManager.ConfigCache?dl=0

I don't know how you are accessing the Camera Adjuster.  It's only active when devMode is set to true, and according to your file, it is not set.

When I enable it in my test install, I am getting the null refs, so there is something wrong.  But I don't know how you are even able to see the button in the PAW

For now, just don't click that

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know how you are accessing the Camera Adjuster.  It's only active when devMode is set to true, and according to your file, it is not set.

When I enable it in my test install, I am getting the null refs, so there is something wrong.  But I don't know how you are even able to see the button in the PAW

For now, just don't click that

I'll keep my distance with Camera Adjuster, but still, the mod itself is not working for me. Nothing happened when I turn on the Docking Camera in PAW.

Just for your information, the game was fresh installed just a few days ago, then I had this mod installed right away, and Camera Adjuster was already there on the list, and the camera didn't work the first time I use it. All I did in order to rule out mod conflict was to remove everything from the GameData folder except stock folder and this mod. So is it possible that some other files outside of the GameData folder from other mods caused the camera not working?

6 hours ago, henrylzy said:

Just for your information, the game was fresh installed just a few days ago, then I had this mod installed right away, and Camera Adjuster was already there on the list, and the camera didn't work the first time I use it. All I did in order to rule out mod conflict was to remove everything from the GameData folder except stock folder and this mod. So is it possible that some other files outside of the GameData folder from other mods caused the camera not working?

How did you do the install?

10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

How did you do the install?

Originally installed from CKAN. Since it didn’t work for me, I remove the mod from CKAN and download it from your Github repo just to make sure it wasn’t cause by corrupted files, but still no luck.

1 hour ago, henrylzy said:

Originally installed from CKAN. Since it didn’t work for me, I remove the mod from CKAN and download it from your Github repo just to make sure it wasn’t cause by corrupted files, but still no luck.

Very strange.   I haven’t had any reports like this, ever.

is it a Steam install?

How do you start the game?

56 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Very strange.   I haven’t had any reports like this, ever.

is it a Steam install?

How do you start the game?

Yeah the game was installed from Steam. I tried launch the game from CKAN and from Steam, doesn't really do much of a difference.

I guess I'll install another copy of the game and see if it works then.

Edited by henrylzy

56 minutes ago, henrylzy said:

Yeah the game was installed from Steam. I tried launch the game from CKAN and from Steam, doesn't really do much of a difference.

I guess I'll install another copy of the game and see if it works then.

Ok, the problem with Steam installs is that Steam doesn't delete anything which it didn't install.  The only way to get a totally clean install via Steam is as follows:

1. Right-click on the game in the Steam GUI, go to Properties
  2. Click on Local Files
  3. Click Browse...
  4. Then manually delete ALL files

I'm beginning to suspect you have some left-over files which are causing you problems

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, the problem with Steam installs is that Steam doesn't delete anything which it didn't install.  The only way to get a totally clean install via Steam is as follows:

1. Right-click on the game in the Steam GUI, go to Properties
  2. Click on Local Files
  3. Click Browse...
  4. Then manually delete ALL files

I'm beginning to suspect you have some left-over files which are causing you problems

Well the game was installed few days ago, on a brand new pc so it won't have any leftovers from previous install or old versions, etc. But I'll give it a try anyway to see if it works.

56 minutes ago, henrylzy said:

Well the game was installed few days ago, on a brand new pc so it won't have any leftovers from previous install or old versions, etc. But I'll give it a try anyway to see if it works.

Even stranger.

I'm sending you a PM, please take a look at it

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier, I suggested about the possibility of the player choosing to invert the axis (x and/or y) of the deviation indicator (the green cross) of the dock alignment mod.(https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php ?/topic/40423-181-docking-port-alignment-indicator-version-685-updated-121419/)
With this option, the player could customize the orientation as it was more comfortable to maneuver.

With the camera it seems to be a little easier:
It would be enough to make available the option of choosing to invert the camera image vertically or horizontally.
This would facilitate the displacement of the spacecraft through the visual orientation of the camera, according to each situation.

Suggestion 2: option to zoom in/out on the camera image.
Since the dock image disappears in the dark when it's about 2m away (as if it were already pasted to the other dock door), a zoom out could give a better sense of distance between the docks.

Suggestion 3:
Customize the size of the mod window in the form of a slider (like the "Docking Port Alignment Indicator")

I liked both mods.
I use both at the same time.
I think even in IVA it would be easy to dock using both.
These two mods are a hand on the wheel and make everything (much) easier for those who like to dock in KSP.

I think that's it for now.
Thank you for your attention.