[1.12.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9)

linuxgurugamer

37 minutes ago, Gingt said:

Earlier, I suggested about the possibility of the player choosing to invert the axis (x and/or y) of the deviation indicator (the green cross) of the dock alignment mod.(https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php ?/topic/40423-181-docking-port-alignment-indicator-version-685-updated-121419/)

I can look into this, no idea when, though.  Inverting the camera is a bit more problematic for now

36 minutes ago, Gingt said:

Suggestion 2: option to zoom in/out on the camera image.
Since the dock image disappears in the dark when it's about 2m away (as if it were already pasted to the other dock door), a zoom out could give a better sense of distance between the docks.

Add a light.  Not going to be done.  Sorry

36 minutes ago, Gingt said:

Suggestion 3:
Customize the size of the mod window in the form of a slider (like the "Docking Port Alignment Indicator")

Not as easy as it sounds.  It has to do with the way the mod was written.  I'll keep it in mind, but not sure I can do this

2 hours ago, soldanithiago said:

Hey Linux, I don't know where is the best place for that suggestion but here we go: could you adopt this mod, or, if is not possible, do something similar to newer versions of KSP?

Tks, and sorry for the wrong place for this, I guess

Next time, send me a PM.

I'll  look at it.  It's pretty old, there have been some major changes since then, so no promises

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I can look into this, no idea when, though.  Inverting the camera is a bit more problematic for now

Add a light.  Not going to be done.  Sorry

Not as easy as it sounds.  It has to do with the way the mod was written.  I'll keep it in mind, but not sure I can do this

Wow!
I didn't think you would respond so quickly.
It was really fast. Thanks for the answer.

I did some tests and noticed that both the "Cam mod" and the "Alignment Indicator" mod have the deviation indicator (green cross) emitting data based on the "cabin tip x target", and not the "dock port x target".

Spoiler

Screenshot-2023-01-11---211109.pngScreenshot-2023-01-11---211540.png
Screenshot-2023-01-11---211749.png
Screenshot-2023-01-11---211812.png
Screenshot-2023-01-11---211825.png
Screenshot-2023-01-11---211833.png

I also noticed that camera zoom is not available for me.
That is, the mods are not having any problems in themselves, most likely it is something in the installation location.
It's strange, because I installed it through ckan.

Should I handle something so that the mod is correctly installed?

Edited by Gingt

On 1/11/2023 at 8:54 PM, Gingt said:

Wow!
I didn't think you would respond so quickly.
It was really fast. Thanks for the answer.

I did some tests and noticed that both the "Cam mod" and the "Alignment Indicator" mod have the deviation indicator (green cross) emitting data based on the "cabin tip x target", and not the "dock port x target".

I also noticed that camera zoom is not available for me.
That is, the mods are not having any problems in themselves, most likely it is something in the installation location.
It's strange, because I installed it through ckan.

Should I handle something so that the mod is correctly installed?

If you installed it via CKaN, it's installed correctly

Did you select the docking part as the target?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If you installed it via CKaN, it's installed correctly

Did you select the docking part as the target?

I ran into a colleague who was going through the same thing.
The problem turned out to be the Clamp-o-Tron inline part.
It seems that this specific part reversed the orientation of the DockingCamera (and also the Docking Port Alignment Indicator).
With other docking parts, the mods are working perfectly.

I tested it with a module with another Clamp-o-Tron.
The DockingCam was perfectly aligned with the "Ship x Target orientation".

The problem, in the end, was in the part.
Sorry about the false alarm.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:26 PM, crunkyken said:

Hello,

I have a question about the docking camera this mod places on the stock docking clamps (like  on the Clamp-O-Tron).    Is there a zoom fucntion in game for the docking camera?   I noticed on some youtube vidoes that show off the docking camera, they were zooming the docking view in and out.  I have looked all over but can't find any method to change the zoom.  If there is not a function, is there a way in the a config file somewhere where we can set the zoom amount or field of view?   Really like this mod, just would like to zoom the view out a little bit.

Thanks,

Ken

The same happens to me.

I'll reinstall to see what happens.

On 4/7/2022 at 5:26 PM, crunkyken said:

I have a question about the docking camera this mod places on the stock docking clamps (like  on the Clamp-O-Tron).    Is there a zoom fucntion in game for the docking camera?   I noticed on some youtube vidoes that show off the docking camera, they were zooming the docking view in and out.  I have looked all over but can't find any method to change the zoom.  If there is not a function, is there a way in the a config file somewhere where we can set the zoom amount or field of view?   Really like this mod, just would like to zoom the view out a little bit.

3 hours ago, Gingt said:

The same happens to me.

I'll reinstall to see what happens.

That's probably the HullcamVDS mod, it also puts cameras in docking ports

Edited by linuxgurugamer

21 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

That's probably the HullcamVDS mod, it also puts cameras in docking ports

I'll wait for the release of the att.
There is no compatible version on Ckan yet.
This would be the mod with zomm in/out on the docking cams?

I was a bit confused, because this thread (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/166305-131-docking-camera-kurs-style/) had this video

Spoiler

They are very similar in appearance, with the exception of the alignment indicator and the camera zoom slider.

Edited by Gingt

New release, 1.3.8.5

• Restored Zoom to docking camera (was disabled for some reason)

Note:  CKAN is having a technical problem, so it's not being updated in CKAN, if you want this version before then, you will need to download it from here:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1542/Docking camera (KURS)

• 1 month later...

Hello, I love this mod but unfortunately it hasn't been working for me recently between a few different installs. Basically I press the button in the PAW to open the docking cam and nothing happens, no window opens to show the camera. I run a pretty heavy mod list so I suspect its a conflict of some kind but I have no idea what could be causing the issue. Here is a link to the ksp.log file https://file.io/gwNw9vJjBbZf. I've had to use navyfish docking alignment most of the time recently since it seems to always work with no issue, even though I would much rather use this. I'm mainly using parts from BDB and I know it works with them because I've used it with BDB in the past. I've tried removing other mods that mess with docking ports or cameras like the navyfish mod and neptune camera which I sometimes run but I still have the issue, even sitting on launch pad with another vessel and docking ports targeted, still nothing. Like I said earlier, I've had a few different installs all with the same issue over probably months. Most of those installs have similar mod lists but some variation between them.

On 2/27/2023 at 3:59 PM, Helicrazy14 said:

Hello, I love this mod but unfortunately it hasn't been working for me recently between a few different installs. Basically I press the button in the PAW to open the docking cam and nothing happens, no window opens to show the camera. I run a pretty heavy mod list so I suspect its a conflict of some kind but I have no idea what could be causing the issue. Here is a link to the ksp.log file https://file.io/gwNw9vJjBbZf. I've had to use navyfish docking alignment most of the time recently since it seems to always work with no issue, even though I would much rather use this. I'm mainly using parts from BDB and I know it works with them because I've used it with BDB in the past. I've tried removing other mods that mess with docking ports or cameras like the navyfish mod and neptune camera which I sometimes run but I still have the issue, even sitting on launch pad with another vessel and docking ports targeted, still nothing. Like I said earlier, I've had a few different installs all with the same issue over probably months. Most of those installs have similar mod lists but some variation between them.

Same issue.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:59 PM, Helicrazy14 said:

File was deleted, please send it to me in a PM

12 hours ago, Kalessin1 said:

Same issue

Log file, please

Thanks for maintaining this mod! 

I am having an issue playing in OpenGL (all cameras show as pink, except for greyscale). I have verified that it does not happen in DX, but as I play on the Linux build, it isn't really an option for me (tested on Steam+Proton, but performance was quite bad).

Any chance of a fix? Not sure the complexity. If not, I'll just keep using it in greyscale only. :)

11 hours ago, Cmdr Oishii said:

Thanks for maintaining this mod! 

I am having an issue playing in OpenGL (all cameras show as pink, except for greyscale). I have verified that it does not happen in DX, but as I play on the Linux build, it isn't really an option for me (tested on Steam+Proton, but performance was quite bad).

Any chance of a fix? Not sure the complexity. If not, I'll just keep using it in greyscale only. :)

It's a shader issue, I can't fix it right now.  Been a long time since I looked at the shaders.  I'll keep it in mind,  but probably won't get to it.  If someone else does and gets me a patch, I'll put out an update

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's a shader issue, I can't fix it right now.  Been a long time since I looked at the shaders.  I'll keep it in mind,  but probably won't get to it.  If someone else does and gets me a patch, I'll put out an update

Thanks! Definitely appreciate all you do for the community.