[1.12.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9)

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

I have an odd question @linuxgurugamer

Would you accept pull requests? I am working on a robotic arm mod that currently uses a custom fork of the docking camera kurs mod so you can utilize cameras from various angles. It's not much of a change but was curious if you would merge something in if I sent it. Here's an example:

1 hour ago, sirkut said:

I have an odd question @linuxgurugamer

Would you accept pull requests? I am working on a robotic arm mod that currently uses a custom fork of the docking camera kurs mod so you can utilize cameras from various angles. It's not much of a change but was curious if you would merge something in if I sent it. Here's an example:

Looks good and is a great idea.  I assume you are just adding a config to the camera ?

And the answer is absolutely yes, I do accept PRs, as long as they are clean and make sense.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Looks good and is a great idea.  I assume you are just adding a config to the camera ?

And the answer is absolutely yes, I do accept PRs, as long as they are clean and make sense.

Unfortunately unless I'm missing something I can't have 2 transforms named dockingNode on one part which is why I was creating a copy of the code to create BasicPartCameraModule which mirrors what the docking module code had. I didn't want to use the partmodule because i dont need all the additional controls.

The example above would look like this in the CFG:

MODULE
{
    name = BasicPartCameraModule
    dockingNodeName = Camera
    cameraName = Lower Arm Camera
    noise = false
}

MODULE
{
    name = BasicPartCameraModule
    dockingNodeName = Cameraa
    cameraName = Upper Arm Camera
    noise = false
}

if you know of a better way please let me know.

On 6/15/2019 at 7:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI for anybody following,  there should be an exciting update for this in a day or so

patiently, well impatiently waiting! docking cam+alignment was one of the best modes dating back to 0.9 if i remember correctly. hopefully you'll make it work for 1.7.2! anyways - great work from you!

1 hour ago, bobnecat said:

patiently, well impatiently waiting! docking cam+alignment was one of the best modes dating back to 0.9 if i remember correctly. hopefully you'll make it work for 1.7.2! anyways - great work from you!

Oh, it's already working.  I'm adding a new feature

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Oh, it's already working.  I'm adding a new feature

Hmm, maybe you can help me then. For some reason I can't get the camera to work. It simply does nothing, there is no window or anything neither when trying to dock with set as target, nor in any menu. as if i have a plane vanilla game. 

At first I installed docking cam and dependables through CKAN, but later reinstalled by pulling latest versions of all 3 mods from your github and still nothing. Game version is 1.7.2.2556. Also don't know how to attach log file, so copy-pasted it to spoiler below. Thank you!

[Log file in spoiler deleted by a moderator]

Edited by James Kerman
redacted by a moderator

Please don't paste logs into the forum.  Put the file somewhere such as Dropbox, or Google drive, Pastebin, etc, and post a link.  It causes problems if it's in the forum

You are missing the unBlur mod, now required by the ToolbarController

14 hours ago, James Kerman said:

Welcome to the forum @bobnecat.

Unfortunately, as LGG mentions, log files can cause problems on the forum and so I have removed yours. Please feel free to edit in a log file into your post that is hosted offsite.

My bad, should have read guidelines! :) I was on the old forum several years ago around the release version of KSP, but have not logged in for a very long time as did not really have much time to play games. Now that I'm back to being single, got some time for space station building in the evenings :) 

15 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please don't paste logs into the forum.  Put the file somewhere such as Dropbox, or Google drive, Pastebin, etc, and post a link.  It causes problems if it's in the forum

You are missing the unBlur mod, now required by the ToolbarController

My oversight! Did not notice there was another dependency! All works like a charm now! Thanks for your support and and for bringing one of my favorite mods back alive! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Thanks for this mod, but I can't see the Cam controls through the toolbar

Here is my log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mznl2vx4ljt104i/KSP log.rtf?dl=0

There's a Warning about it

[WRN 19:17:25.637] Cannot create config from file '/Applications/JEUX/KSP_osx1.7.1Earth/GameData/DockingCamKURS/Assets/hullcam_hubbazoot/part.cfg'

Thank's to tell me what is wrong

KSP 1.7.1 on Mac OSX 10.14.5

9 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

Thanks for this mod, but I can't see the Cam controls through the toolbar

Here is my log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mznl2vx4ljt104i/KSP log.rtf?dl=0

There's a Warning about it

[WRN 19:17:25.637] Cannot create config from file '/Applications/JEUX/KSP_osx1.7.1Earth/GameData/DockingCamKURS/Assets/hullcam_hubbazoot/part.cfg'

Thank's to tell me what is wrong

KSP 1.7.1 on Mac OSX 10.14.5

How did you install it?  The log file doesn't show the DLL, and   you have lots of odd errors in that file

Well I just download it and put the DockingCamKURS folder in my game data folder

here it is in my game data folder

2jhpqp0.png

and here is the contents of the DockingCamKURS folder

h8S4nOu.png

in fact I don't see any dll in the plugin folder

f6TfAwc.png

mN09isr.png

In fact I downloaded the Zip file from Github and there's no dll in the plugins folder. Version is 1.3.6.0

ButI re-downloaded from Spacedock and here there's dll, but version is 1.3.5.0

So i am going to put the plugins folder from the Spacedock version in the DockingCamKURS folder from Github to get the dll and I'll try that!!

On 6/15/2019 at 8:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Just an FYI for anybody following,  there should be an exciting update for this in a day or so

I curious to what your going to add. 

Is there a feature in Docking Camera that I can't find or getting added, that has what Docking Port Alignment mod has with the yellow icon, I don't know name, here is pic:

7h0Wha4.jpg

I find that useful to control those green vertical and horizontal lines. It kind of gives me a prediction where things are going to be. I end up now using both mods, this one and that one. I kind of want to replace one and maybe use the Dock Camera mod exclusive.

1 hour ago, therealcrow999 said:

I curious to what your going to add. 

Is there a feature in Docking Camera that I can't find or getting added, that has what Docking Port Alignment mod has with the yellow icon, I don't know name, here is pic:

7h0Wha4.jpg

I find that useful to control those green vertical and horizontal lines. It kind of gives me a prediction where things are going to be. I end up now using both mods, this one and that one. I kind of want to replace one and maybe use the Dock Camera mod exclusive.

That’s already in it, but not well described

• 4 weeks later...

New release, 1.3.6.1

• Fixed bug where if the second sliding window was open when the camera was closed, opening the camera again would sometimes (depending on the shader) show shadow buttons
  • Thanks to forum user @sirkut for this:
    • Made the docking camera configurable as a general purpose camera. 
  • Added a dev mode for modders and players to be able to determine the correct values for the camera position (see the ReadMe for complete instructions)
  • Added two models to choose from for displaying the camera location, a camera and a node.  The model is selected in the stock game settings page, and only takes effect on windows when they are opened.
  • Fixed issue with two or more cameras on the same part
  • Added: transformModification for a special case where the transform for the camera needs to not be changed
  • Cross stock in sliding window is overridden by setting???
  • Renamed shaders to consistant naming: DockingCamera/(name)
  • Added InstallChecker
  • Changed display of shader to remove the first part of the name (before the slash)