[1.12.x] Docking Camera KURS Style Re-Adopted (Fixed in 1.9)

linuxgurugamer

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I've been able to replicate it.  Could you try the following:

Go into the Difficulty Settings, select the Docking Camera tab, and enable the 2250 toggle (leave the others alone), and see what happens.

That solved the problem.

Is it an incompatibility with another mod or do I need to check one of the distances in order for the mod to work properly?

I have tried a few different situations now and I've not had any problems. I'm humbled by the swift help, simply amazing.

Now, we have a broken drier in my apartment building. I reported it to my landlord 3-4 months ago. Would you mind buying the apartment complex where I live? They could sure use a bit of your mentality.

Glad to hear that

9 minutes ago, neder said:

Now, we have a broken drier in my apartment building. I reported it to my landlord 3-4 months ago. Would you mind buying the apartment complex where I live? They could sure use a bit of your mentality.

LOL you couldn't afford me

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer

I've modified this mod to provide a more sensible and more useful overlay for docking.

Here's a demo video: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/datxsf/dockingcam_with_more_useful_overlay/

Here are the details of the modifications I made: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/dannka/dockingcammodmod/

Here is the source code: https://github.com/Dehim1/DockingCam

The only files I modified were Targethelper.cs and DockingCamera.cs.

Let me know what you think. Would you be interested in incorporating these changes into your fork of DockingCam? I still have some ideas for further improvements of the mod, but I also have some other projects I'm working on, so I don't really want to keep working on this.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

-Dehim

2 hours ago, Dehim said:

@linuxgurugamer

I've modified this mod to provide a more sensible and more useful overlay for docking.

Here's a demo video: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/datxsf/dockingcam_with_more_useful_overlay/

Here are the details of the modifications I made: https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/dannka/dockingcammodmod/

Here is the source code: https://github.com/Dehim1/DockingCam

The only files I modified were Targethelper.cs and DockingCamera.cs.

Let me know what you think. Would you be interested in incorporating these changes into your fork of DockingCam? I still have some ideas for further improvements of the mod, but I also have some other projects I'm working on, so I don't really want to keep working on this.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

-Dehim

I always accept improvements.

Are your changes localized enough to be able to switch between the current mode and your updated mode?

Also, what sort of further improvements are you thinking of?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello guys,

Can you please help me with my problem, basically I don't see anything when DockingCam window is open. I see only pink or noise at the cam window. I installed mod + all dependences. Mod seam to be somehow working, just don't show any video from docking, only 2 crosses - blue and green. Thanks!

17 hours ago, elGremlin said:

Hello guys,

Can you please help me with my problem, basically I don't see anything when DockingCam window is open. I see only pink or noise at the cam window. I installed mod + all dependences. Mod seam to be somehow working, just don't show any video from docking, only 2 crosses - blue and green. Thanks!

Start off by providing a log file, you really haven't given us any information about your system.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Start off by providing a log file, you really haven't given us any information about your system.

Read this BEFORE asking for supporthttp://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/83212-how-to-get-support-read-first/

OK sorry, here we go again (hope this time correct)

KSP: 1.7.3 Mac 64bit

Problem: KURS Docking Camera dose not show any picture in the open window, only grey or pink background is seen

Mods Installed:

000_ClickThroughBlocker
000_Toolbar
001_ToolbarControl
ASET
AviationLights
B9PartSwitch
Benjee10_sharedAssets
Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
Cormorant Aeronology
CryoEngines
CryoTanks
DE_IVAExtension
DeployableEngines
DockingCamKURS
DynamicBatteryStorage
Firespitter.dll
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
JanitorsCloset
KIS
KWRocketry
KerbalAtomics
KerbalJointReinforcement
MOARdV
MagicSmokeIndustries
MechJeb2
MechJebForAll
ModuleManager.4.0.3.dll
NavyFish
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
Pebkac
PlanetaryBaseInc
PlumeParty
ProbeControlRoom
ProceduralFairings
REPOSoftTech
RealChute
SCANsat
Squad
StationPartsExpansionRedux
ThroughTheEyes
ThunderAerospace
TweakScale
UltimateShuttleIVA
VesselView
htRobotics
reDIRECT

Reproduction Steps:

Build a ship w. docking port - Mk1-3 Command + Clam-O-Tron

Launch

Right click on Clam-O-Tron -> Right click on Clam-O-Tron -> Docking Camera switch to ON

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gcepz5vvy3zbzvk/AAAkb1dm_oyigAt5HMp9_2iZa?dl=0

There are logs + few screenshots (let me know if the link is not working)

Comment:

Thanks a lot for help, great mod, extremely useful for docking and can not imagine myself using KerboArm from Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit without this mod!

I assume you installed this by hand.  Please download and install the latest version, 1.3.6.3 (you have 1.3.6.1)

Not sure if this will fix it, but you need to do this anyway

12 hours ago, elGremlin said:

OK sorry, here we go again (hope this time correct)

KSP: 1.7.3 Mac 64bit

Problem: KURS Docking Camera dose not show any picture in the open window, only grey or pink background is seen

Edit: I just realized that you are using a Mac.  Thats probably the issue, shaders have to be built differently for a Mac.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 10/5/2019 at 8:27 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume you installed this by hand.  Please download and install the latest version, 1.3.6.3 (you have 1.3.6.1)

Not sure if this will fix it, but you need to do this anyway

Edit: I just realized that you are using a Mac.  Thats probably the issue, shaders have to be built differently for a Mac.

Hi, I installed latest version and still not working properly, so as you wrote, it's probably the Mac version. Any help I can offer to have Mac built?

24 minutes ago, elGremlin said:

Any help I can offer to have Mac built?

Thank you, but not at this time.  It's a matter of building the shaders properly, and I have a procedure for it.  I just need to figure out how to make it work without having multiple versions of the mod

51 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you, but not at this time.  It's a matter of building the shaders properly, and I have a procedure for it.  I just need to figure out how to make it work without having multiple versions of the mod

I see, then thanks and I'll be waiting. Good luck

• 1 month later...

Trying out this mod for the first time. I have external camera working, but can't get the docking port camera to appear. From one of the demo videos, it looks like the docking cam is activated via right clicking it. This option does not appear when I right click the docking port. 

On KSP 1.8 Windows. Only other mod I have is Kerbal Engineer. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Having an issue with my screen going full-screen when I enter into the docking cam. The normal cam stays on the screen, so it's not affecting my actual ability to dock, but I much prefer having the view outside of my ship or IVA. Just started happening out of nowhere, didn't change or tweak anything. Tried using it on 1.9 & reverting to a 1.8 save. Is there an option I could have enabled by accident or something?

2 hours ago, Neevenzz said:

Having an issue with my screen going full-screen when I enter into the docking cam. The normal cam stays on the screen, so it's not affecting my actual ability to dock, but I much prefer having the view outside of my ship or IVA. Just started happening out of nowhere, didn't change or tweak anything. Tried using it on 1.9 & reverting to a 1.8 save. Is there an option I could have enabled by accident or something?

So it works on 1.8, but the problem is on 1.9?  No option, but most likely needs and update for 1.9.  

• 1 month later...