Test rt 5 flea on launch pad - newbie

I am trying to compete what I thought would be the easiest mission ever... and it doesn't seem to be working.

All it is is test this booster on the launch pad. Ive tried simply staging it as it says and just launching it like normal and ive tried actually hitting "run test" and neither scenario completes the mission for me.

Ive even tried turning the whole rocket upside down so that the test will be 100% on the launch pad... still nothing.

Is this some sort of glitch? What do I have to do? I dont get why its not working. It says all conditions are met (which is just kerbin and launch pad) and then i hit test. Im very lost

Did you buy this game from steam? It sounds like you might have received a slightly corrupted download -- if so, it's easy to fix with a "file validation".

In general, it sounds like you are doing everything right -- so the contract should complete. If it doesn't, then that almost always means some kind of corruption.

Do you know how to do a file validation from steam?

37 minutes ago, gmartini01 said:

I am on an xbox one. Any idea what to do then?

Well, if you don't care about achievements, open the cheat menu and manually complete the contract.  If you know you did the contract, then there's no reason not to profit. 

3 hours ago, gmartini01 said:

I am on an xbox one. Any idea what to do then?

Hmmmm. The xbox game downloader has an automatic verification process built in. So that should make it a lot harder for a corruption to happen.

Once you've purchased a game on xbox, you can theoretically delete it and redownload it -- but it takes a long time and it's annoying.

So I think I'd take Gargamel's advice. Force the contract to complete with the cheat menu, and see if any problem like that ever happens again. If it does, try to spot the pattern -- and maybe try doing the delete/redownload thing then.

18 hours ago, bewing said:

Hmmmm. The xbox game downloader has an automatic verification process built in. So that should make it a lot harder for a corruption to happen.

Once you've purchased a game on xbox, you can theoretically delete it and redownload it -- but it takes a long time and it's annoying.

So I think I'd take Gargamel's advice. Force the contract to complete with the cheat menu, and see if any problem like that ever happens again. If it does, try to spot the pattern -- and maybe try doing the delete/redownload thing then.

Yeah, I just ended up declining the mission, which is a shame, but whatever. All the other testing/ hauling missions work fine.
I think this must be a bug from the new update to enhanced edition for xbox one.

• 2 months later...

Long time since I did a contract but you used to be able to take all the fuel out of the booster, stage it on the launchpad to complete the contract, avoiding the messing around of having to go anywhere. 

So I have been having trouble completing a lot of the "testing" missions - however while testing the TD-12 decoupler with splash landing I eventually figured out I needed to decouple it in the water - but testing the "flea" at launch pad I get two green check marks as a result but no mission complete status/no rewards - same with testing the swivel engine plus splash landing. Does anyone know how to tell for certain if its a bug or I am missing something. Also, playing on PS4. 

I did this one very recently on the pad (last fri evening i think). It worked for me. Im on steam too. However I have a recollection of having to use an engine via staging to get the completion. It may have been this one. ie I launched with another and staged it as the next.

59 minutes ago, bootsam said:

I did this one very recently on the pad (last fri evening i think). It worked for me. Im on steam too. However I have a recollection of having to use an engine via staging to get the completion. It may have been this one. ie I launched with another and staged it as the next.

When you are saying that you had to use the engine via staging to get the completion do you mean that you take the mouse cursor over to the side of the screen, click the engine and hit the "run test" button?  Because I have tried that as well.  

There are two ways to activate an engine to complete a contract. The first is by staging. The second is by going into the action menu for the engine, and click "Run Test". If you have an additional stage on the rocket, you can even test it one way, then edit the staging, and test it again using the other method. I tend to find that using the "Run Test" button works a little more often to complete contracts than staging.

I think I had it as my 2nd stage. My 1st stage was a very short stage too with a normal engine. I didnt get very high as I didnt wish to. I ran it normally using teh space bar to stage. But tbh, it may have been an entirely different engine test. I ran several last thurs/fri and at my age memory seems to disregard any sense of order. Good luck. :)

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.