Game closes to desktop when opening craft list (1.4.5, RSS/RO *LOGS INCLUDED)

KSP Version: 1.4.5, Heavily modded (RSS/RO

Recently, 95% of the time I am not able to open the craft list in the VAB or SPH (or click on the launchpad or runway) without the game closing to the desktop. This is especially infuriating because the game takes about 45 minutes to load (RSS/RO are jerks :/).  I thought for a while it was an issue with ClickThroughBlocker but a reinstall of that only worked temporarily. Somebody please answer, the game is basically unplayable right now.

Reproduction: Simply go into the VAB or SPH (or click on the launchpad/runway), and the game will freeze, or immediately close to the desktop without a "formal" crash report.

***LOGS*** https://www.dropbox.com/s/4edqfucu5b9ax3b/output_log.txt?dl=0

Looking at your log, you have 1,235 errors of the type below.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

[TweakScale] Exception on writeDryCost: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Contains (Int32 classID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModuleList.Contains (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.WriteDryCost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I would say TweakScale is causing some problems.

There is also a ton of spam from TextureReplacerReplaced. Into a hundred thousand or so lines. I didn't count it all.

[TRR.TextureReplacerReplaced] ++++ 'TRR is loaded'++++

(Filename:  Line: 1113)

Material doesn't have a texture property '_MainTex'

(Filename:  Line: 1113)

Material doesn't have a texture property '_BumpMap'

I did look and last compatible version is KSP version 1.3.1. So this may be bugging out your game too.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm searching for TweakScale issues in order to see if there's something more to be done before the next major release, and found this:

On 5/1/2019 at 2:54 AM, Barar said:

[TweakScale] Exception on writeDryCost: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Contains (Int32 classID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModuleList.Contains (System.String className) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at TweakScale.PrefabDryCostWriter.WriteDryCost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I would say TweakScale is causing some problems.

]

Well.. This usually happens because as soon as Module Manager finishes the patches and KSP the assets loading, some Add'Ons use the "Main Menu" Scene to finish some business.

TweakScale is one of these, but Making History, KIS, ScanSAT (are surely others) do it also. Some of them tries to instrument GameDatabase too, and when this happens, someone somewhere will bork due uncontrolled concurrency. And since TweakScale sticks its nose on every existent part on the Kerbol, these situations fatally leads to someone borking - usually TweakScale.

The next minor release, 2.4.3, apparently managed to find a way to preventing being overran on interim and some field tests. It will be on the wild in the next days, I hope!

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.