[KSP 1.9.X] CameraTools v1.14.0 (10 Mar 2020)

jrodriguez

This is a new thread for the maintenance of this awesome mod created by  @BahamutoD

If you want to know more about this mod, how it works, etc please visit the original thread here

I will be just ensuring that this mod works fine with future versions of KSP but I will not do bug fixing or implement new feature for it.

Download

https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases

Edited by jrodriguez
version 1.14

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 1:26 AM, jrodriguez said:

I think the previous one should be

Hi all, 

I just released a new version of CameraTools for KSP 1.8.0!

You can download it from here or using CKAN :)

https://github.com/jrodrigv/CameraTools/releases/tag/v1.13.0

It has a bug that when added to game, on the vessel launch, will duplicate some of the buttons on the stock toolbar, if you don't close the game, each time you try to launch something, the buttons will duplicate.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@jrodriguez any chance of an option for the stationary camera to lock position relative to another vessel in the scene? The stationary cam still exhibits movement, such as when a rocket is launched from the ground the camera tends to slowly sink as the upwards angle increases. So it would help to lock relative to a ground object that is stationary. I currently use KerbCam to do this but that mod is running low on support, even from LGG and is very error-prone to working on the latest KSP versions

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:12 AM, Drew Kerman said:

@jrodriguez any chance of an option for the stationary camera to lock position relative to another vessel in the scene? The stationary cam still exhibits movement, such as when a rocket is launched from the ground the camera tends to slowly sink as the upwards angle increases. So it would help to lock relative to a ground object that is stationary. I currently use KerbCam to do this but that mod is running low on support, even from LGG and is very error-prone to working on the latest KSP versions

I just noticed this the other day, too ... but for me the moment that the launch clamps release, the stationary camera shifts to some random position. It's usually close to the previous location, but the sudden move ruins the shot.

12 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I just noticed this the other day, too ... but for me the moment that the launch clamps release, the stationary camera shifts to some random position. It's usually close to the previous location, but the sudden move ruins the shot.

yes, this is another consistent issue

• 1 month later...

Since the mod wasn't updated for version 1.10.x, tell me how to install the previous version correctly? Now I've a mod for 1.9.x on 1.10.x doesn't work.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:17 PM, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Do you have Camera Tools working now? and @Drew Kerman?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ! Love CameraTools, I've been using it for a long time !

Now I come with a weird glitch based on an exotic KSP install, so I would understand if there is no known answer / you don't want to bother with such specific situation.

- KSP 1.10.1 (yeah, already not the officially supported version but it works :p)

- Last version of CameraTools 1.14.0

- Using BDAc with the specific Runway Project version : somehow, it has a dogfight option that comes very handy, in CameraTools ! :)

- Using quite a lot of graphics mods, like AVP, DOE, PlanetShine, EngineLightRelit, etc etc. AND the ones that are linked to the issue : TextureUnlimited.

kJdsDPc.png

Now, the problem :

Everything works fine except that when activating the CameraTools, whatever the options, I got dark surfaces. Like every parts that has Shiny Effect thanks to Texture Unlimited, became darker after half a second.

Here, the usual look without CameraTools activated :

jKDvctE.png

Here, the CameraTools issue :

7J54731.png

Here, I activated the CameraTools and took an immediate Screenshot (through the ground, yeah, bad composition haha) :

T2RlXsq.png

And like juuuuust after, maybe a third of a second, I got this :

ezMc8mj.png

Do you have any idea of how I could solve this issue ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I installed this from the link in the OP for KSP 1.8.1 with Real Solar System. For some reason, the icon isn't showing up (and pressing / doesn't work). I tried installing it again, and it worked, but only once, then it went back to not showing up when I loaded the game again.

Anyways, it works but I have to reinstall it every time I want to use it.

Edited by Pipcard

8 hours ago, Pipcard said:

I installed this from the link in the OP for KSP 1.8.1 with Real Solar System.

Which version did you install? for 1.8.1, you should download v1.13.0.
v1.14.0 was recompiled for KSP 1.9.0+, and the way KSP handles the camera(s), was changed in 1.9.0... so most liely v1.14.0 is NOT bacward compatable.

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

Which version did you install? for 1.8.1, you should download v1.13.0.
v1.14.0 was recompiled for KSP 1.9.0+, and the way KSP handles the camera(s), was changed in 1.9.0... so most liely v1.14.0 is NOT bacward compatable.

I did install v1.13.0. Anyways, it's not that big of a deal. It sometimes works when I reload. As of now, it seems to be working all the time. Not anymore.

Edited by Pipcard

One thing I have noticed is that when CameraTools doesn't load, KSP.log does not update (the "Date modified" does not change).

So I just delete the old KSP.log file and possibly use the KSP Launcher.exe so that the game is forced to make a new one, and it seems to work.

Edited by Pipcard

• 1 month later...
On 1/27/2021 at 9:05 PM, Pipcard said:

One thing I have noticed is that when CameraTools doesn't load, KSP.log does not update (the "Date modified" does not change).

So I just delete the old KSP.log file and possibly use the KSP Launcher.exe so that the game is forced to make a new one, and it seems to work.

any updates on making it consistently work? mine works <em> sometimes </em>

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I am currently recording a cinematic, but when I try to do the pathing, interpolation doesnt seem to work anymore. It used to a bit ago, but i guess the KSP updates are starting to make this mod obsolete? Can someone revive this, or at least give me a fix? 

In case the problem might be incompatible mods, here are the ones I am using:

img%5D

I will put up my GameData when I can, I dont want to start KSP today.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.