Screen tearing makes my ksp unplayable

So, I was playing ksp and realized that the game was laggier than before, so I decided to try to find out why, after a few minutes I noticed that ksp was using my intel video card, so I changed the card to my NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 and I launched ksp, Instantly I noticed something weird, the screen on the main menu was kinda wobbly, but I though it was nothing important, then I make a new world and noticed that the screen updated slowly, like some sort of rolling shutter, (I had mods installed at that moment, so I took them off) And the effect was still on the stock ksp, 0 mods. I re installed ksp and the thing was still there, so I start to mess with the ksp settings, enabled vsync, disabled it, reduced fps limit, increased it, set the ksp to fullscreen and windowed screen, Updated my card drives, restarted the computer, search youtube and internet for an answer, and I decided that after 2 hours trying to fix this, I would just change back to my intel crappy video card, And guess what, the screen tearing dissapeared, So now i have to select 1: Unplayable modded and annoying stock ksp thanks to screen tearing or 2: Unplayable modded ksp thanks to lag, but without the screen tearing, after 1 more hour of messing around, I decided I would make a forum post to see if anyone could help.

Heres what I mean with "some sort of rolling shutter effect on screen"

This is how it looks with stock, Its not unplayable, but noticeable

This is how it looks with mods, Its unplayable, and impossible to make a film with.

When you updated your drivers did you select a clean install?Just in case you changed a setting in nvidia panel that might cause this.

Try to unistall the drivers and then download/install the new ones.

Make sure you select the correct drivers or just use Geforce Experience.

This looks like you have the wrong drivers, a weird vsync problem or even a problem with your graphic card(not connected the right way etc)

Maybe someone else can help more.

Without knowing much about your rig, here are a couple things to try (sounds like you are on windows):

1) Go to the .exe or your shortcut and right-click->Properties. In the Compatibility tab, select (or deselect) the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" option.

or

2) Go to the NVIDIA control panel and find KSP's setup (make sure there's only the one). Set "Vertical Sync" to "Use the 3D application setting." You can also try turning off (or on) "Tripple buffering." You may have to restart the computer after fiddling with the NVIDIA control panel, but I'm not sure if those options will force you. Once complete, turn vsync on in KSP and make sure you restart the game.

Not sure if any of that will help, but give it a try. It would also be good to know what OS you are using and such, if you're not able to figure out the issue.

One more note: there have also been instances in the past where a new NVIDIA driver update hits, and we figure out later that the new update isn't compatible with KSP. In that case, some people have found success by rolling back to a previous version. Often people can get away without the newest graphics card driver version if they aren't on the cutting edge of the newest video game releases. (Often video card updates come out to support the release of a brand new video game, and new bugs are introduced for other games.)

Edited by Claw

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.