[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

Yes, but not without a custom recompile of BDAc - You'd need to modify ModuleWeapon.cs, which contains the laser code. Essentially, you'd need to add ExplosiveDetonation(hitPart, hit, ray); (and associated bool ExplosiveDamage code) from PooledBullet.cs to Firelaser(), right after the p.AddDamage(...); line to have the laser do AoE damage calculations. The ExplosiveDamage code will require a way to get blast radius, either by simply putting in a flat number, having it be some fraction of laserDamage, or get it to link into bulletInfo.tntMass.

Overheating immediately is simply a matter of having a very high heatPerShot and low maxHeat.

27 minutes ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

Yes, but not without a custom recompile of BDAc

Yikes...  That's certainly above my pay grade, so to speak.  I mean, the fact that it's possible at all is cool, but a code-master I am not.  I'm lucky enough that my knowledge of the CFGs etc has gotten me as far as it has in getting these things working at all.  But a completely customized BDAc is way beyond my level of experience, and I don't trust my ability.

That said, AoE damage based on a percentage of the laserDamage value within a radius sounds neat.  Maybe something for a future edition, perhaps.

Thank you for the prompt response.

@Ryugi 

10 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Is it possible to have a weapon identified as a "laser" weapon (for the "hitscan style" travel time) vs a "ballistic" weapon, and STILL have it have an AoE damage effect upon hitting a target?

No, but there is a way around this.

In my mod, KTech, there are Star Wars style laser cannons, that have configs that could be easily be modified to get what you are looking for.

First, you will need a bullet definition something like this:

BULLET
{
    name = RGprojectile
    caliber = 75
    bulletVelocity = 8000 // The higher the velocity
    bulletMass = 0.2 // the lower the mass needs to be.
    explosive = True // These settings give you your AOE damage
    tntMass = 5.44 // These settings give you your AOE damage
    blastPower = 10 // These settings give you your AOE damage
    blastHeat = 10 // These settings give you your AOE damage
    blastRadius = 7 // These settings give you your AOE damage
    apBulletMod = 0
    bulletDragTypeName = AnalyticEstimate
}

Then in your gun's config, you will want something like this:

roundsPerMinute = 4
    maxDeviation = 0.0 //Laser accuracy
    maxEffectiveDistance = 80000
    maxTargetingRange = 80000
    engageRangeMin = 0
    engageRangeMax = 80000

ammoName = ElectricCharge // no need to store ammo
    requestResourceAmount = 140 // EC per shot
    shellScale = 0

hasRecoil = true // or false, then remove the next line
    recoilReduction = 0.8 // 80% reduction in recoil
    onlyFireInRange = true
    bulletDrop = false // no bullet drop... goes straight like a laser.

weaponType = ballistic
    bulletType = RGprojectile // the name of your bullet in the bullet config
    bulletDmgMult = 2 // for very light rounds, raise this value to increase the damage it does (non kinetic damage)

maxHeat = 3600
    heatPerShot = 3600 // gun over heats instantly
    heatLoss = 200 // how much heat it can dissipate per sec

Just remember, if you use insane projectile speeds, the damage it does is controlled by the bulletMass in the bullet config.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by TheKurgan

Had a Fighter Jet Explosion and Universe Collapsing Syndrome (FJEUCS) since I first tried to dock fighters to an aircraft carrier and then undock them in v1.4. When a fighter is docked to a larger craft (so it stops being a craft and becomes a part of another craft) and then undocked, everything explodes spamming log with error messages, crashing the universe and sometimes the game. It happens only with fighter jets and only when it's docked to a larger vessel. Recent investigation showed that FJEUCS has not gone yet (KSP v1.7.3 BDA v1.3.1) and it happens only if a smaller craft has ECM jammer or countermeasure launcher.
This record appears in the log when something with jammers or countermeasures is docked (KSP v1.7.3 BDA v1.3.1 )

[ERR 17:15:57.181] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script), VesselECMJInfo (Script) depends on it

And when it's undocked FJEUCS happens and the log is full of 'part A collided into part B' records.

Has anyone else suffered from FJEUCS?

10 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Just remember, if you use insane projectile speeds, the damage it does is controlled by the bulletMass in the bullet config.

Hope that helps :)

This setup is eventually what I wound up using on my own, along with a "semi-fixed" gun that has like a 2-3 degree gimbal range to account for a small cone of accuracy.  It wound up working quite well along with a fairly strong but very localized (1 meter radius) explosive "bullet" to make it sound cool when it rips things apart.  It effectively behaves like being struck by a missile, but it's a gun.  Very nasty bit of work.

BULLET
{
    name = EMLSlug
    caliber = 100
    bulletVelocity = 10000
    bulletMass = 2.50
    //HE Bullet Values
    explosive = True
    tntMass = 40
    blastPower = 50
    blastHeat = 50
    blastRadius = 1
    apBulletMod = 10
    bulletDragTypeName = AnalyticEstimate

Thank you for the insight, though, and the reply. :)

18 hours ago, Aditya said:

So I tried it, the bullets are not visible to the other person but the damage happens

Such is NOT recommended, and any bugs you encountered will NOT be fixed by modders.

18 hours ago, Manul said:

Had a Fighter Jet Explosion and Universe Collapsing Syndrome (FJEUCS) since I first tried to dock fighters to an aircraft carrier and then undock them in v1.4. When a fighter is docked to a larger craft (so it stops being a craft and becomes a part of another craft) and then undocked, everything explodes spamming log with error messages, crashing the universe and sometimes the game. It happens only with fighter jets and only when it's docked to a larger vessel. Recent investigation showed that FJEUCS has not gone yet (KSP v1.7.3 BDA v1.3.1) and it happens only if a smaller craft has ECM jammer or countermeasure launcher.
This record appears in the log when something with jammers or countermeasures is docked (KSP v1.7.3 BDA v1.3.1 )

[ERR 17:15:57.181] Can't remove Vessel (Script) because VesselChaffInfo (Script), VesselECMJInfo (Script) depends on it

And when it's undocked FJEUCS happens and the log is full of 'part A collided into part B' records.

Has anyone else suffered from FJEUCS?

Wierd. What other mods do you use for the docking? Are they updated?

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Wierd. What other mods do you use for the docking? Are they updated?

Docked together two stock Crater Crawlers both with countermeasures. Undocked and the universe collapsed. A smaller Bugg-E rover just explodes without collapsing the universe. The only mod that affects physics is PRE, maybe I need to test it on a full stock with only BDArmory installed.

Sometimes when the bug happens nothing explodes but I get two very glitchy copies of undocked craft clipped into each other and later the game crashes.

1 hour ago, Manul said:

Docked together two stock Crater Crawlers both with countermeasures. Undocked and the universe collapsed. A smaller Bugg-E rover just explodes without collapsing the universe. The only mod that affects physics is PRE, maybe I need to test it on a full stock with only BDArmory installed.

Sometimes when the bug happens nothing explodes but I get two very glitchy copies of undocked craft clipped into each other and later the game crashes.

Did you install world stabilizer? Duplicated/ old versions of PRE and MM?

15 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Did you install world stabilizer? Duplicated/ old versions of PRE and MM?

Just tested it without PRE and everything exploded again. In current install I have only RPM, Firespitter, B9 Part Switch, Smokescreen and Precise Editor plugins. Also Feline Utility Rovers has some DLLs, but the universe used to collapse before I had installed that mod.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:05 AM, Xd the great said:

BDAC needs PRE. Do you have Module Manager?

Switching PRE ON|OFF, removing PRE gives the same result when docking:

And everything explodes each time I get this error. Yes, I have only one copy of ModuleManager and it's up to date.

I would like some help on how airDetonationTiming works; I could not find any documentation online. I would like to create a CIWS that either has proximity detonation or time fused rounds that detonate at the calculated trajectory.

EDIT: Upon some experimenting, it appears that airDetonationTiming and proximityDetonetion set to true does cause detonation near the target, but the proximity fuse range slider setting does not persist when launching a vessel; it gets reset to 0 regardless of what it was set to in the SPH, which defeats the purpose of proximity detonation. The shells only explode after failing to achieve a direct hit with the target vessel, at which point the blast radius isn't even effective.

Edited by kspplayer2469

On 8/2/2019 at 4:57 PM, Manul said:

Switching PRE ON|OFF, removing PRE gives the same result when docking:

And everything explodes each time I get this error. Yes, I have only one copy of ModuleManager and it's up to date.

Would it be the other BDAc unrelated mods?

Did you install BDAc by hand?

Calling in the calvary: @jrodriguez!

Edited by Xd the great

Alright, @Eidahlil / @TheKurgan I have another question, though, it's a bit off topic, and I apologize.

Is there any way you guys might be able to get me into contact with @SpannerMonkey(smce) regarding the use of one of his models/parts, or ask him for permission to use one?  Just one.

I'm interested in using the X32ABL model and basic CFG for a BDA weapon modpack I'd like to release eventually.  I don't want to put his work out there without permission, though, since I know there was a huge thing about that recently.  I have access to the mod since I was able to get it prior to it being removed from his thread, but I'm not gonna jump the gun and release my own tweaks publicly without his blessing.  If he's unwilling or unable, I understand.  But, in my case, it is just a single part, and there is literally no other part/model that works as well as his does for what I'd like to release.

7 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Would it be the other BDAc unrelated mods?

Scripts VesselChaffInfo and VesselECMJInfo  are from BDAc, I have no other mods that use BDArmory stuff. No idea where the Vessel script comes from, but I begin to understand what's going on: when a vessel having parts with these BDAc modules becomes a part of a parent vessel, some scripting problems prevent the vessel info from being removed. And when it's undocked it collides into it's copy that has not been removed. Sometimes it doesn't collide and I get two glitchy copies of one vessel clipped into each other.

4 hours ago, eeeeeeee said:

is there a way to make rockets or rocket pods fire from the weapon manager cause i cant do that or is there something explaining how to use those?

Normally, you select the weapon you want to fire from the list available in the Weapon manager, then make sure the trigger is armed, and click the left mouse button to fire.