[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

I have BDA installed in an old KSP 1.3.1 save. For story purposes I want to have a fusion reactor go supercritical and explode mightily. I know BDA has bombs and missiles, so I could patch the reactor with explosives, but is there a way to right-click the part and cause it to explode? If not, I guess I can make some kind of rover to run into the reactor and make it explode... Are there guidelines on how fast the part needs to go to trigger the explosion? Lastly, is the size of the fireball proportional to the amount of explosive force?

Just now, Angel-125 said:

I have BDA installed in an old KSP 1.3.1 save. For story purposes I want to have a fusion reactor go supercritical and explode mightily. I know BDA has bombs and missiles, so I could patch the reactor with explosives, but is there a way to right-click the part and cause it to explode? If not, I guess I can make some kind of rover to run into the reactor and make it explode... Are there guidelines on how fast the part needs to go to trigger the explosion? Lastly, is the size of the fireball proportional to the amount of explosive force?

Add BDExplosivePart to the part you want to be able to blow up ... after adding this module to the part config you should be able to right click the part and select in the PAW to make it go boom

Explosion potential is controlled by the blastRadius and blastPower (this was changed in later versions to use tntMass, but in 1.3.1 this is how it is done) ... Place the following into your part config and adjust the values to suit

IIRC the values are in meters

MODULE
{
    name = BDExplosivePart
    blastRadius = 150
    blastPower = 80
}

43 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Add BDExplosivePart to the part you want to be able to blow up ... after adding this module to the part config you should be able to right click the part and select in the PAW to make it go boom

Explosion potential is controlled by the blastRadius and blastPower (this was changed in later versions to use tntMass, but in 1.3.1 this is how it is done) ... Place the following into your part config and adjust the values to suit

IIRC the values are in meters

Perfect, thank you! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Very much appreciate the continuation of this mod, I've sunk hundreds of hours and look forward to hundreds more. 

lilguy.png

On 11/7/2019 at 11:59 AM, jrodriguez said:

On the other hand I have plans to continue working a BDAMultiplayer for LMP and eventually to provide a BDAMultiplayer version that works for both single player and multiplayer, thus making obsolete the current BDArmory.

Just wanted to know how this is coming along. 

Edited by Provisional Name 5

22 hours ago, Provisional Name 5 said:

Very much appreciate the continuation of this mod, I've sunk hundreds of hours and look forward to hundreds more. 

lilguy.png

Just wanted to know how this is coming along. 

I didn't have much time to work in BDAM yet. Let see if during christmas holidays I can invest some time on it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 9:07 AM, Munar pilot said:

So I've gotten back into BDArmory, and I've seen that the KSPedia entries don't exist. Could you/someone fix it? I don't know enough about KSP modding to fix it myself.

You are right.  KSPedia for BDArmory was done by @DoctorDavinci sometime ago and I think it needs to be recompiled used latest Unity2019.  I will try to do it for next release.

I don't know if you've been asked this before, but every few minutes it says terrain loading or something and my view switches to another nearby vehicle and my camera breaks and then that nearby vehicle just explodes. Is there any way to fix this?

On 1/12/2020 at 3:07 AM, Munar pilot said:

So I've gotten back into BDArmory, and I've seen that the KSPedia entries don't exist. Could you/someone fix it? I don't know enough about KSP modding to fix it myself.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:00 AM, jrodriguez said:

You are right.  KSPedia for BDArmory was done by @DoctorDavinci sometime ago and I think it needs to be recompiled used latest Unity2019.  I will try to do it for next release.

Here's a drop box link to the Unity project for the BDAc KSPedia ... This is all I could find

I did this version back in the KSP v1.2 days so it definitely would need to be updated ... Note that I cheated and used Fireworks (old Macromedia software) to create .jpg's of each of the KSPedia pages and imported those into KSP so you may need to completely redo the images to update the information and add more pages

It's a lot of work and I'm not up to the task ... Took me over 100 hours to do the first version and then another 80 hours or so to update it and reduce the size on disk

Anyways, here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vc1416rj9aiibc/BDAc KSPedia (KSP v1.2).zip?dl=0

5 hours ago, kkpem said:

I don't know if you've been asked this before, but every few minutes it says terrain loading or something and my view switches to another nearby vehicle and my camera breaks and then that nearby vehicle just explodes. Is there any way to fix this?

Sounds like something wrong with Physics Range Extender. Did you update PRE to the latest version?

• 2 weeks later...

I have spent a long time trying to get the BDAc, physics range, and vesselmover mods to work. It always stops on bahaGatlingGun. I let it sit for an hour, doesnt work. I restart my computer, it doesnt work. I remove the 20mmVulcan file as a whole, that worked. It just went on to the next baha file, bahaTurret in the 50CalTurret file. I have genuinely no idea what the issue is. I have removed the gamedata files from each mod's file.

6 hours ago, possVEVO said:

I have spent a long time trying to get the BDAc, physics range, and vesselmover mods to work. It always stops on bahaGatlingGun. I let it sit for an hour, doesnt work. I restart my computer, it doesnt work. I remove the 20mmVulcan file as a whole, that worked. It just went on to the next baha file, bahaTurret in the 50CalTurret file. I have genuinely no idea what the issue is. I have removed the gamedata files from each mod's file.

You have a gamdata flder in the Gamedata folder.

There should only be 1 gamedata folder. Remove everything from the subfolder and place them into the Gamedata folder.

8 hours ago, possVEVO said:

@Xd the great That is what i did. I took the sub folders and put them in the main mod folder and deleted the Gamedata folder where I took the mod's files themselves. 

You file structure should be: ksp install/Gamedata/BDArmory

Not: ksp install/Gamedata/Gamedata/BDArmory

Chrkc if you have installed module manager and physics range extender. Make sure they are of correct versions (KSP V 1.8 uses module manager 4.1.3 and bdac v 1.3.2)

Edited by Xd the great