[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

5 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I still use all of it in 1.7.3

Please, what's the release month of the last version of SM mods?
I have August 2018, were they changed a lot since then?
(Models and turrets look OK, I checked that).

3 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I have 99% of Spanner's released mods, plus quite a lot of unreleased stuff... I was one of his mod testers since Oct 2017, and his main tester for about the last year.

I still use all of it in 1.7.3... as far as I know, nothing needs to be "recompiled" It all still works fine.

I still have SM Industries, SM Marine, and SM Armory from a while back as well, however, I know that SM Armory has a whole plethora of stuff but I can't find any of it in the editors, any chance you can help me?

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Please, what's the release month of the last version of SM mods?
I have August 2018, were they changed a lot since then?

I have no idea, the mods have all been taken down, so I have no way to check... but that sounds aprox right.

WRT changes, yes there have been dozens of changes... which ones were released and which ones were not, I have no idea... sorry.

6 hours ago, Vladimir264 said:

I still have SM Industries, SM Marine, and SM Armory from a while back as well, however, I know that SM Armory has a whole plethora of stuff but I can't find any of it in the editors, any chance you can help me?

I am sorry, you most likely have an old copy from before the BIG BDArmory Category change happened. 

I can't help you :(

3 hours ago, Lolzipop said:

What happened to the "target type" button for guard mode? It's not there for me, is there another way to set guard mode to target only planes/ only missiles?

Moved to individual weapons. Your guns can now shoot at ground vehicles, but your missiles bring down planes.

21 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

I am sorry, you most likely have an old copy from before the BIG BDArmory Category change happened. 

I can't help you :(

aw ok, thanks anyway

I do remember It working before, but it's probably because I was using an older version of BDarmory

It's so sad that the SM stuff was taken down. I still don't understand why he couldn't just leave them up but oh well.

Edited by Vladimir264

2 hours ago, Vladimir264 said:

I still don't understand why he couldn't just leave them up but oh well.

Well, I'm about 50-50 in understanding why he took all his mods down. I wish he left them up too :( 

I had a storage drive crash on me the other day and almost lost a lot of my SM mods... and I have more SM stuff than anyone. I was his main tester for a long time, and I have a PILE of stuff that has never even been released!

Spanner isn't well, and has not been well for a long time. Add that to the frustrations caused by multiple KSP patchs coupled with the changes and problems that were occurring with BDAc at the time... well, it just angered him big time...

Spanner didn't want someone taking his work (1000's of hours worth) messing with it, and re-releasing a pile of crap.

and look what happened... shortly after, some oxygen thief named RecoverMod tried to re-release his work on SpaceDock!!

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Well, I'm about 50-50 in understanding why he took all his mods down. I wish he left them up too :( 

I had a storage drive crash on me the other day and almost lost a lot of my SM mods... and I have more SM stuff than anyone. I was his main tester for a long time, and I have a PILE of stuff that has never even been released!

Spanner isn't well, and has not been well for a long time. Add that to the frustrations caused by multiple KSP patchs coupled with the changes and problems that were occurring with BDAc at the time... well, it just angered him big time...

Spanner didn't want someone taking his work (1000's of hours worth) messing with it, and re-releasing a pile of crap.

and look what happened... shortly after, some oxygen thief named RecoverMod tried to re-release his work on SpaceDock!!

Oof on that drive crash. If you still have that drive, I would pay for you to have that recovered.

I totally respect Spanner's choice there and as a fellow contents crerator, I do understand the reason of it and the decision to put to mod down. I wouldn't want my stuff edited by some mediocre guy and letting him take all credit or ruin my reputation (if I have any... lol). However, I still do think he should've passed it on to one of you guys on the SM projects or someone at BDA to maintain the mod, them having worked with SM for a long time and possibly trusted by him.

This is just my personal opinion about this and I can't say Spanner did any wrong. He did what he had to do. It was just that the mods were aboslutely loved by the community and while I did kinda know he wasn't well, it was still a very abrupt end to it.

Again, I can't judge Spanner's decisions. Just wishing him to get well soon.

Edited by byong614

30 minutes ago, byong614 said:

Oof on that drive crash. If you still have that drive, I would pay for you to have that recovered.

I was able to rebuild the partition and recover everything... luckily.

Maybe you can answer this @TheKurgan

Do you know how to change the hitbox of a projectile in BDA when fired from a gun?  For example, having a "hitbox" of roughly 5 meters instead of a pinprick?  I'd asked on the last page but got no replies since people started talking about SMArmory etc.

5 hours ago, Ryugi said:

Do you know how to change the hitbox of a projectile in BDA when fired from a gun?  For example, having a "hitbox" of roughly 5 meters instead of a pinprick?  I'd asked on the last page but got no replies since people started talking about SMArmory etc.

Sorry, genuinely missed your question. :)

Currently bigger projectiles are not supported by BDA. Bullet hit raycast is done from transform center to transform center between physics ticks, laser is a simple raycast. You may be able to get a somewhat similar effect with proximity detonation of explosive rounds (I think oMillenium is one example).

There is a chance proximity detonation may be broken, though. ;)

1 hour ago, Eidahlil said:

Sorry, genuinely missed your question. :)

Currently bigger projectiles are not supported by BDA. Bullet hit raycast is done from transform center to transform center between physics ticks, laser is a simple raycast. You may be able to get a somewhat similar effect with proximity detonation of explosive rounds (I think oMillenium is one example).

There is a chance proximity detonation may be broken, though. ;)

I think they fixed the detonation. It worked well for me at 0m, not sure for other distances.

24 minutes ago, Screamblade said:

Can anyone assist me with a technical issue.... I've installed BD but now can't load it past the Vulcan mini-gun, any ideas?

B.T.W: i have tried to reinstall, refresh E.T.C but to no avail....

Install manually, install PRE and Module Manager.

36 minutes ago, Screamblade said:

hi XD the great.... i have instailled both PRE AND MM into the gamedata folder w/ BD armory unzipped and placed into a sub gamedata folder.... it loads the coding etc but then gets stuck loading parts such as the Vulcan minigun

Thanks. Never, ever place a Gamedata inside another gamedata. Extract whatever is in the sub gamedata folder and place it into the big gamedata folder.

Alright, it's me, back again with another question for @TheKurgan and @Eidahlil.

Is it possible to have a weapon identified as a "laser" weapon (for the "hitscan style" travel time) vs a "ballistic" weapon, and STILL have it have an AoE damage effect upon hitting a target? 

Basically, I'm attempting to simulate an incredibly fast, large cooldown, static-mounted, railgun-style, projectile weapon similar to the EML (Electromagnetic Launcher) from Ace Combat.  I've already tried this with a standard projectile style weapon, with a hilarious muzzle velocity etc, however, due to the nature of the weapon, it is incredibly unreliable when fired, and very rarely hits what it is aiming at.  I can tone down the AoE damage so it doesn't 1-shot anything it hits (for balance reasons), but I want to know if this is even possible.

Currently, I have it hooked up to fire customized ammunition etc, and it will fire only if it has that ammo in stock, like a normal gun, despite it effectively being classed as a laser.  But it only managed to deal decent damage once I gave it a large "laser damage" modifier, because, well, it's still defined as a "laser" not a "ballistic" weapon, and doesn't use the damage values or explosive radius etc of the linked ammunition, though it does still add weight to the craft.

Ideally, I'd like for this weapon to travel "instantly" like a laser, but immediately overheat so it goes into a long cooldown, but if the "projectile" hits a target, it will deal damage in a small AoE around the impact point rather than just a pinprick like a normal laser.

So, is this something that's currently possible, and if so, how would it be done?

Edited by Ryugi