[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

why ai won't fire missile themselves at guard mode? They only lock on it but won't fire after locked. I use radar data receiver on the missile vehicle. Do you need antenna on radar vehicle and missile vehicle to make it works?

@ssd21345  Need more details... Is it a ground vessel firing at a plane? a plane firing at a ground vessel? a plane firing at a plane? What missiles exactly are being used? how are they mounted on the vessel that is firing the missile?

Pictures are good, especially CLOSE-UP of where the missile is mounted... video (IMO) is much better.

and the smarter lads in here will want logs I bet :P

The missile vessel must have valid control... a probe core with an antenna, or a manned command pod. all combat vessels must have a weapon manager (of course I know you know this)

Try turning off clearance checks and see if that makes the problem go away. if it does, and you are firing the missile from a rail, increase the rail's height, and decrease its length.

Edited by TheKurgan

And on top of all complexity there was also complete game engine change from KSP 1.2.x up to 1.7.x and even one more for KSP 1.8.x.

Maintaining mod even for latest KSP only is a lot of work, it is hard to expect any backward compatibility too with "simple" recompile.

@jrodriguez so let me know if you want better precision in targeting etc... for BDAc

I wrote some code that does away with using the getworldpos3d deal ( it only converts vector3d's to vector3's ... quick primer, vector3's use floats and vector3d's use doubles ... the difference being doubles are more precise and Unity can only use vector3's)

I came up with a way to calculate distance and targeting outside of Unity with vector3d's and then convert it to a vector 3 so Unity can use it since Unity only uses floats in their vector calculations

What I believe is going on with the offset targeting is that BDAc is using the getworldpos3d deal which converts the vector3d to a vector3 and then it calculates the parameters whereas I am calculating the parameters in a vector3d and then converting that result to a vector3 (those who understand how mathematics works will understand the significance of this) .... not sure I am right in applying this concept to BDAc but there's an awful lot of getworldpos3d deals in the BDAc code

I can give you a function that will do the business for you but unsure if you're even working in this

Let me know :wink:

EDIT: I am referring to the gun targeting being offset, not the missile targeting code (although I would think applying this logistical sequence would possibly be a benefit for the missile targeting)

Edited by DoctorDavinci

On 10/18/2019 at 10:54 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

@jrodriguez so let me know if you want better precision in targeting etc... for BDAc

I wrote some code that does away with using the getworldpos3d deal ( it only converts vector3d's to vector3's ... quick primer, vector3's use floats and vector3d's use doubles ... the difference being doubles are more precise and Unity can only use vector3's)

I came up with a way to calculate distance and targeting outside of Unity with vector3d's and then convert it to a vector 3 so Unity can use it since Unity only uses floats in their vector calculations

What I believe is going on with the offset targeting is that BDAc is using the getworldpos3d deal which converts the vector3d to a vector3 and then it calculates the parameters whereas I am calculating the parameters in a vector3d and then converting that result to a vector3 (those who understand how mathematics works will understand the significance of this) .... not sure I am right in applying this concept to BDAc but there's an awful lot of getworldpos3d deals in the BDAc code

I can give you a function that will do the business for you but unsure if you're even working in this

EDIT: I am referring to the gun targeting being offset, not the missile targeting code (although I would think applying this logistical sequence would possibly be a benefit for the missile targeting)

Hey Doc. I think it would be useful if you can apply the refactor directly into a BDArmory branch so we can just go and test it. That way it should be easy to evaluate the accuracy of the new approach.

Thanks!

On 10/18/2019 at 1:54 PM, DoctorDavinci said:

waitwaitwait- you figured out what was breaking space combat?

6 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

waitwaitwait- you figured out what was breaking space combat?

You say that like space combat was an intended ability of BD Armory, which it really wasn't 

But with that said ... yes, sort of, maybe :confused:

The issue of space combat with guns has two main components (maybe more) with those being the use of vector3's to do the gun targeting not being precise enough when KSP uses vector3d's for vessel coordinates and the second being the world reference point (the floating point reference of the focused vessel) and the velocities of the vessel

Space combat would likely need a BDAc declared point of reference that takes into account orbital velocities 

52 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Hmm. Just a quesion- how do the bullet tracers work for BDAc? I've always wondered if we could have nicer tracers or bullet trails

It is a just a line with a shader material using a bullet texture. It is like a 2d sprite lol.

And Yes, of course there is room for improvement :)

Edited by jrodriguez