[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

1 minute ago, RurouniDonut said:

Ahh okay, there's no way atm to add the tracking module to the rocket I imagine then? If not, hopefully I can switch fast enough :)

That's right. There is no way to keep the tracking windows open when using a different active vessel.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, TheKurgan said:

I have been building the most crazy maneuverable target drones for missile testing for the past 3 years... my drones can pull off 45G turns at will, and they can out maneuver a sidewinder about 2% of the time, and 0% against an AMRAAM.

Do your drone fail to evade sidewinders with flares, especially at about 4km? I see my craft failing to fire flares if it is too maneuverable.

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Do your drone fail to evade sidewinders with flares

No, it uses the flares... BUT yes I have seen it once in a while (usually on the second or third missile fired at it) not use the flares and try to dodge the missile... unsuccessfully :P

On 3/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, CrayzeeMonkey said:

It is a fork of BDAC, yes. I'm planning to add auto-reload so you don't have to use action groups.

Its great, so many new functionalities from this (especially with auto-reload)! Im working on my cold war- themed mod/ parts pack (with stockalike parts and a MANY new missiles/ launchers for BDAc) and reloadablerail module could be used by me to create sooo many new turrets and stuff!

Btw here are some early dev photos:

Spoiler

SHS68Zh.png

8psxhnH.png

eHDYHZT.png

gBazMcc.png

8l6mdCj.png

ng1eHO8.png

On 3/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, L0ck0n said:

Its great, so many new functionalities from this (especially with auto-reload)! Im working on my cold war- themed mod/ parts pack (with stockalike parts and a MANY new missiles/ launchers for BDAc) and reloadablerail module could be used by me to create sooo many new turrets and stuff!

*snip*

Can you send me the missile turret from your parts pack? If it has a MissileTransform that moves along with the turret I can use it for testing.

hi, i have a problem with the module manager, When I downloaded it I put the whole pack just like this into my game data folder. So in there I had the Game data that is always in there, the bd armory mod, the physics range extender and the ModuleManager order. But when I open ksp now there are a lot of error textest in the loading screen and when I'm in it and I want to use the guns, it says module manager not installed in red letters. Does anybody knows how I can fix that? (Sorry for my bad English :))

7 hours ago, AntonMeb said:

hi, i have a problem with the module manager, When I downloaded it I put the whole pack just like this into my game data folder. So in there I had the Game data that is always in there, the bd armory mod, the physics range extender and the ModuleManager order. But when I open ksp now there are a lot of error textest in the loading screen and when I'm in it and I want to use the guns, it says module manager not installed in red letters. Does anybody knows how I can fix that? (Sorry for my bad English :))

You want KSP directory/Gamedata/BDArmory, not KSP directory/Gamedata/gamedata/BDArmory.

No double gamedata file.

Also, how does "stage on proximity" work on modular missile? I am trying to build a cluster cruise missile for bombing the KSC.

I recently separated my BDArmory saves and space agency saves by keeping separate installs on my computer.  Is there a way to remove the unused BDA modules like the hitpoint tracker from crafts in my normal space agency saves?  I encountered a similar problem with kOS and the nametag and don't know how to fix it.

9 hours ago, GKSP said:

I recently separated my BDArmory saves and space agency saves by keeping separate installs on my computer.  Is there a way to remove the unused BDA modules like the hitpoint tracker from crafts in my normal space agency saves?  I encountered a similar problem with kOS and the nametag and don't know how to fix it.

You can manually edit the save file, but I wouldn't recommend it. Plus it does not change any of your normal gameplay.

On 3/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, L0ck0n said:

Btw here are some early dev photos:

Hide contents

SHS68Zh.png

8psxhnH.png

eHDYHZT.png

gBazMcc.png

8l6mdCj.png

ng1eHO8.png

OMG those are some really handsome parts! Do you have a release date in mind?

On 3/23/2020 at 3:51 PM, TheKurgan said:

I have been building the most crazy maneuverable target drones for missile testing for the past 3 years... my drones can pull off 45G turns at will, and they can out maneuver a sidewinder about 2% of the time, and 0% against an AMRAAM.

This is in a sandbox setting with g force limits on.

AMRAAM looks somewhat overpowered. 37g acceleration looks real, but 2 minutes burn with 20 000 m/s dV doesn't
vfNLKaC.png

http://www.zaretto.com/sites/zaretto.com/files/missile-aerodynamic-data/AIM120C5-Performance-Assessment-rev2.pdf

12 minutes ago, Manul said:

2 minutes burn with 20 000 m/s dV doesn't

ok, agreed. Suggestion?

It's going to be extremely difficult to make it realistic BUT we can easily reduce it's range.

boostTime = 2.2 //seconds of boost phase (kind of need to keep this at it's current setting)
cruiseTime = 45 //seconds of cruise phase (This can be easily changed to reduce it's range)

Some testing to see how far it will go go at various cruise times needs to be done.

or someone can math it...

Edited by TheKurgan

14 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

Suggestion?

I think we need an option to attach Kerbal to this missile. And launch Jeb to Eeloo.

Plan B is to reduce burn time but it will possibly need hours of testing and finetuning to make sure that it still can hit targets. And I'm not sure it will result in more realistic performance because it's kerbal physics and it requires moar boosters. Are you ready to ride a missile, Jeb?

Edited by Manul

1 hour ago, Manul said:

it will possibly need hours of testing and finetuning to make sure that it still can hit targets.

NAH!!!

I want it to be able to hit a plane at 40km.... so I place a plane aprox 40km away, fire the current missile at it using a cheatty radar, and time to see how long it takes to get to the target... poof... time - boost time = cruise time.

The real missile can hit a target 74km away... but that is too far IMO

Edited by TheKurgan