[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

11 hours ago, SwiftSrox said:

Is there a reason for having to hold the mouse button for a second when firing single missiles using the weapon manager? I was thinking about doing a fork and putting an option to disable the delay.

Settings--> weapon fire hold delay. (Or something like that)

Or use action group.

8 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I will try to port BDArmory to KSP 2 as soon as we have a mod API :)

I wanna be ready for this too. I am very hyped to see this mod be ported over to ksp2 Tanks and planes... in HD
Also, hope for multicore support for huge dogfights/tank warfare

Hey. Just got BDA for my game through CursedForge (the one the game menu take you too) and love it, but I'm having an issue. Everything seems to work except the guns. The bullets just fly straight through with no damage, even at point blank. Also, I had seen somewhere the BDA had an engine, but never got it. Have the other needed mods, but it just isn't working correctly.

Edit:

Never mind. Figured it out.

Edited by SF-1 Raptor

On 8/28/2019 at 11:12 PM, rundownturner4 said:

Thank you for updating this awesome mod! For some reason though the AIM-9 sidewinders just dont seem to be able to lock on to any targets. Am i maybe doing something wrong?

Check:

Wrong installation. No Gamedata folder inside a Gamedata folder.

Dependencies installed and up to date. PRE, Module Manager...

Wrong version: BDAC 1.3 is only for KSP V 1.7.X

Also, Sidewinders need radar to help lock on, I think.

@jrodriguez since there will be no "KSP2 mod porter" system, does it mean the new BDAC for KSP 2 will be written from scratch?

Hey, guys, I would like to ask you for advice with alignment. I would expect, that placing the guns on the fuselage with snapping on would place them perfectly in line with it and the cockpit, pointing directly forward. But it doesn't, instead the guns aim a bit lower, which doesn't make sense to me. Is there anything I'm missing out?

screenshot0.png

On 8/28/2019 at 11:12 AM, rundownturner4 said:

Thank you for updating this awesome mod! For some reason though the AIM-9 sidewinders just dont seem to be able to lock on to any targets. Am i maybe doing something wrong?

Sidewinders are heat-seeking air-to-air missiles. Just keep the target in the reticle until it is locked (the audio cue is a pitch change in the sound they make when tracking targets). Make sure that you and the target aircraft are on different teams, and that they are actually emitting a heat/IR signal (check on the Alt+B debug menu. Happy hunting!

On 9/9/2019 at 9:39 PM, Mikkel_so said:

I have the mod installed and everything but when i try to open my game it gets stuck on the loading screen. Can anybody help me?

I suggest to review the closed issues and check if there is any issue closed similar to yours
https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aclosed

On 9/16/2019 at 8:39 PM, MatrixVirus said:

Are there any contract packs that work with latest release?

Sorry but I don't know. I suggest to check yourself

23 hours ago, Angstinator said:

Wasn't there an add-on with parts specifically designed for modular missiles? I can't seem to find it anymore, and I'd really like to try and build a Disney bomb (for which I'll need a warhead, obviously.)

Yes. there is one for Modular Missile Parts here. It works fine with latest version too.

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/releases

On 9/18/2019 at 9:47 PM, Salvator said:

Is there anything I'm missing out?

Gravity. The green reticle is pointing not where your guns are aiming, it points where bullets are going to fly at some distance. If you roll your plane you'll see it.

And the yellow reticle is probably not from BDArmory

Edited by Manul

17 hours ago, Manul said:

Gravity. The green reticle is pointing not where your guns are aiming, it points where bullets are going to fly at some distance. If you roll your plane you'll see it.

And the yellow reticle is probably not from BDArmory

I'm not sure gravity is the reason. The green reticles are this low no matter if i place the guns on the lower or upper part of the hull. But if i offset the guns inside of the hull, the reticles suddenly move up. Which doesn't make sense, because the green reticles move up even if i place the guns on the upper part of the hull and then i offset them down to the center of the hull.

And no, the yellow reticle is from Mouse Aim Flight so ideally the guns should point in the center of the yellow reticle, as that's where the centre of the plane points and where the plane flies.

4 hours ago, Salvator said:

I'm not sure gravity is the reason. The green reticles are this low no matter if i place the guns on the lower or upper part of the hull. But if i offset the guns inside of the hull, the reticles suddenly move up.

Just roll your plane up side down and the reticle will move up (relatively to the plane not ground). When you offset the gun's muzzle inside a fuselage the distance for ballistic calculations is zero and the vertical deviation is zero.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, jrodriguez said:

Yes. there is one for Modular Missile Parts here. It works fine with latest version too.

https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDModularMissileParts/releases

Thank you, this got everything working well enough.

I mean, a missile guidance module obviously doesn't like unguided bombs and doesn't provide a bombsight, but it works well enough.

1 minute ago, Angstinator said:

Thank you, this got everything working well enough.

I mean, a missile guidance module obviously doesn't like unguided bombs and doesn't provide a bombsight, but it works well enough.

Yes, bombs are not supported for modular missiles. The reason is because it will need a custom complex implementation. Stock BDA bombs  sight is calculated based on a deterministic parameters (uniform accelerated movement) because stock bombs & missiles physics are simulated by code., however modular missiles are vessels and I can't predict the place where it might land without actually doing something empirical like to fire the bomb and calculate the time it takes for the bomb to crash.

15 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Yes, bombs are not supported for modular missiles. The reason is because it will need a custom complex implementation. Stock BDA bombs  sight is calculated based on a deterministic parameters (uniform accelerated movement) because stock bombs & missiles physics are simulated by code., however modular missiles are vessels and I can't predict the place where it might land without actually doing something empirical like to fire the bomb and calculate the time it takes for the bomb to crash.

I figured as much from my experience with GravityTurn. Kind of a shame, of course, but unpowered ballistic guidance and gauging the launch zone indicator for range to target after setting a heading manually seems to be an acceptable substitute.

Edited by Angstinator
removed an unnecessary, repeated redundancy that was simply not needed