[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

13 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Alright, just as a BDA mechanics review, radar signature of a craft is baked in as-is when the craft is spawned in, right? So any huge bits attached to the craft will affect the RCS, even if immediately detached?

Probably should have huge wings attached to small drones and see if the RCS changes.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, Xd the great said:

@jrodriguez Thanks. By the way why is there a "stage number" for pilot AI?

I have to check not sure what it is.

20 hours ago, Luminous_GoL said:

Is it possible that the team will work on getting AI to fire rocket pods?

There is no team anymore :) Unless a someone wants to develop it. I honestly don't think I will implement it. 

20 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Alright, just as a BDA mechanics review, radar signature of a craft is baked in as-is when the craft is spawned in, right?

There is a real time s camera, you can see it activating debug labels and lines during a Dogfight. I believe the signature will change after detaching parts but not completely sure.

On 5/2/2019 at 1:21 AM, jrodriguez said:

Be aware that forcing opengl will result in many shaders showing as pink ... the only solution is DO NOT force opengl

Oh, I guess that's why FLIR display is pink on macOS. I guess there is no workaround in this case, isn't it?

First off, I love this mod, I have used it in the past and it is amazing. I recently got a new computer and tried installing the most recent version of the mod and everything works fine except for damage, no matter what weapon I use from turrets to missiles I cant seem to destroy anything. I tried setting insta kill to True and that didnt affect it, any tips?

1 hour ago, TheHatMan said:

First off, I love this mod, I have used it in the past and it is amazing. I recently got a new computer and tried installing the most recent version of the mod and everything works fine except for damage, no matter what weapon I use from turrets to missiles I cant seem to destroy anything. I tried setting insta kill to True and that didnt affect it, any tips?

Do you have module manager installed?

7 minutes ago, slava333 said:

I started my steam KSP w/o this option from command line, but it did not help. I also believe that OpenGL (instead of DirectX) is the only option for macOS 

I also found that Apple limits OpenGL to 4.1:  https://docs.unity3d.com/ru/current/Manual/OpenGLCoreDetails.html

The current release of BDArmory is targeting SM 5.0 for its shaders. I guess that it will not work unless you have a DX11 compatible GPU/OS

I will consider targeting a lower version in the future for better compatibility with Mac

On 3/2/2020 at 8:49 AM, Xd the great said:

@jrodriguez Is the modular missile function broke? It detonates the warhead after all stages are launched.

Haven't tested it yet. I will let you know. 

2 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

The current release of BDArmory is targeting SM 5.0 for its shaders. I guess that it will not work unless you have a DX11 compatible GPU/OS

I will consider targeting a lower version in the future for better compatibility with Mac

Thx

2 hours ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

Is the reloadable rail system currently broken? If not, has anyone made a part or a part pack that has the reloadable rails implemented?

Reloadable rail from ACA works in 1.9

I'm currently using it to collect seismic data from Jool's moons: I fire missiles while being on collision course, return to Laythe, reload at the base of space pirates and go on to the next moon. Not as effective for big ones as dropping ore containers but it's fun to try shooting a celestial body with air-to-air missile

npRo6ff.png

Edited by Manul

19 minutes ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

Can you describe how your missiles are reloaded?

Missiles fired from Aircraft Reloadable Missile Rail magically reappear on a rail out of nowhere after connecting a fuelcap to carrier fuel nozzle. There is a button "reassign" in the rail's PAW to change missile type, but I'm not sure how it works (maybe it works with KAS). Missiles scattered all around the hangar are just decorations to make it look like a pirates base, they aren't actually required for rearming.

Edited by Manul

Can anyone else verify that flares do not seem to be registered by IR missiles/Sidewinders at times? I and some others have been getting absurd 100% hit rates from previously improbable missile shots and while the AI is evading and launching flares as normal.

15 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Can anyone else verify that flares do not seem to be registered by IR missiles/Sidewinders at times? I and some others have been getting absurd 100% hit rates from previously improbable missile shots and while the AI is evading and launching flares as normal.

This is true for me especially at below 1000 meters, but I thought it was normal or I didn't place enough flares.

On 3/7/2020 at 1:43 PM, Manul said:

Missiles fired from Aircraft Reloadable Missile Rail magically reappear on a rail out of nowhere after connecting a fuelcap to carrier fuel nozzle. There is a button "reassign" in the rail's PAW to change missile type, but I'm not sure how it works (maybe it works with KAS). Missiles scattered all around the hangar are just decorations to make it look like a pirates base, they aren't actually required for rearming.

Yes, the reloaded missile is determined by the missile you load in the beginning, replace the missile on the rail and click reassign will change the type it will reload.

i'm currently looking for someone willing to help me get started with making parts for BDA, i'm not a complete beginner in the sense of that i have unity installed and also some very basic knowledge in c#, if anyone is willing to ever take some time out of their day to help me out, please DM me on discord, Fishfinger#8513

17 hours ago, Xd the great said:

@jrodriguez what graphics setting do I need for the flak guns to show the explosions from flak? 

I think the weapon should fire explosive bullets like the 30x173HEBullet and the weapon cfg should have airDetonation = true

Regarding the other questions I can't give you an answer without investing few hours sorry.

You will have to install Visual Studio, Unity Studio and start debugging the code and profiling to find the root causes and implement the solutions :) 

4 hours ago, 219zhen_kerman said:

I'm writing a brief tutorial for your mods in chinese with some discription of the prototypes.What I want to ask is:Why you chose JERNAS as the model of the SAM launchers?For it's easy to model and easy to use(when attach AAMs on it),or other considerations?

I suspect it is because it has a radar and is a turret that launch missiles, and BDAC is meant to showcase the various functions it has.

@jrodriguez any idea if the AI not registering missed missiles as "missed" and does not launch new missiles is normal?

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I suspect it is because it has a radar and is a turret that launch missiles, and BDAC is meant to showcase the various functions it has.

@jrodriguez any idea if the AI not registering missed missiles as "missed" and does not launch new missiles is normal?

Yeah,it is powerful in games,but actually the information in chinese of its prototype is quite few and seems it is not a popular weapon system,so i'm curious about it:)

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

I have this issue as well, though most of my time it is after a wave of AIM-120s missing and the opponent is a sitting duck to a AIM-9 shot, the AI for some weird reason refuses to fire the sidewinder and giving the opponent the chance to fire back and instead killing it.

The most weird thing is that the AIM-9 has a lock and is a really easy shot, but for some unexplained reasons the weapon manager absolutely refuses to shoot on guard mode unless I manually right click and press fire from the menu there

If anyone wants I do have my 2 test crafts for repeated experiments (The F-5C Mashiro is the one with the problems):

F-5B Mashiro: https://kerbalx.com/Destroyer_AmanogawaKai/F-5B-Mashiro
F-5C Mashiro: https://kerbalx.com/Destroyer_AmanogawaKai/F-5C-Mashiro

Edited by Destroyer_Harekaze
Added links to test crafts

4 hours ago, 219zhen_kerman said:

Yeah,it is powerful in games,but actually the information in chinese of its prototype is quite few and seems it is not a popular weapon system,so i'm curious about it:)

BDAC is a functional mod, where other mods can add tons of weapons.

It is more or less just a stand in to show other modders "yes you can have radar on a turret, which does launch missiles".

2 hours ago, Destroyer_Harekaze said:

I have this issue as well, though most of my time it is after a wave of AIM-120s missing and the opponent is a sitting duck to a AIM-9 shot, the AI for some weird reason refuses to fire the sidewinder and giving the opponent the chance to fire back and instead killing it.

The most weird thing is that the AIM-9 has a lock and is a really easy shot, but for some unexplained reasons the weapon manager absolutely refuses to shoot on guard mode unless I manually right click and press fire from the menu there

What about increasing the number of missiles in the weapons manager?

And @jrodriguez why does the autopilo register threats as 10E38 away when they have just charged at each other and overshoot?