[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

BDAC is a functional mod, where other mods can add tons of weapons.

It is more or less just a stand in to show other modders "yes you can have radar on a turret, which does launch missiles".

What about increasing the number of missiles in the weapons manager?

And @jrodriguez why does the autopilo register threats as 10E38 away when they have just charged at each other and overshoot?

I did try that and it works, though at the same time I don’t want the AI up to burn so many missiles against a single target in case of re-engagement. Hence why I used a limit of 3 missile/target while carrying 6 AIM-120s and 12 AIM-9s. Another way of doing it is to change the engagement style by bumping normal altitude higher and that seems to fix it too. Though it is frustrating for the weapons manager to not consider AMRAAMs that have already missed

15 hours ago, The Space Man said:

Not used this mod since game version 0.90. How do I make my AGM missiles lock onto debris and things that need blowing up but don't have a weapon/ai module?

Use a FLR targetting ball to manually lock on debris.

Then fire your laser-guided agm while keeping target locked, or press the "Send to GPS" button and fire you gps guided weapons.

Edited by Xd the great

i was trying to use the rotary bomb rack to shoot missiles but it does not shoot the missiles out in the direction intended out towards the yellow arrow, instead, it shoots out away from it's original position. (first one works perfectly, second one shoots to the right, third one more to the right...)

1 hour ago, KSP dogfight master said:

i was trying to use the rotary bomb rack to shoot missiles but it does not shoot the missiles out in the direction intended out towards the yellow arrow, instead, it shoots out away from it's original position. (first one works perfectly, second one shoots to the right, third one more to the right...)

Yeah, it seems buggy too.

Oh, and judging by your name, I guess you are interested in this competition: 

Edited by Xd the great

On 3/20/2020 at 7:09 AM, Xd the great said:

how do evasive manuvers work? My super manuverable plane cannot evade sidewinders lol.

After some research, I found out that dodging a modern, sort range, high speed, air to air missile is next to impossible.

So I made them all nearly impossible to dodge... not 100% impossible, but very near impossible.

Flares in low numbers are completely ineffective... true story.

Flares are launched in mass quantities for a reason. My jets have at least 4 flare launchers... most of the time more.

Edited by TheKurgan

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

After some research, I found out that dodging a modern, sort range, high speed, air to air missile is next to impossible.

So I made them all nearly impossible to dodge... not 100% impossible, but very near impossible.

Flares in low numbers are completely ineffective... true story.

Flares are launched in mass quantities for a reason. My jets have at least 4 flare launchers... most of the time more.

Is it possible to outmaneuver one? 

I have been building the most crazy maneuverable target drones for missile testing for the past 3 years... my drones can pull off 45G turns at will, and they can out maneuver a sidewinder about 2% of the time, and 0% against an AMRAAM.

This is in a sandbox setting with g force limits on.

6 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Is there a way for the camera trackers to still work while they're not on focus?

Lasing? Probably not. You need to lase a target for hellfires and mavericks to hit.

But you can always transfer targeting info between gps/radar/lasing.

9 hours ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

Results after working on ModuleMissileRearm while under quarantine

Which mod is this? Bdac?

I can imagine someone mounting these to planes and setting them to reload with the SAS action group.

Endless stream of missiles.

2 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Lasing? Probably not. You need to lase a target for hellfires and mavericks to hit.

But you can always transfer targeting info between gps/radar/lasing.

Which mod is this? Bdac?

I can imagine someone mounting these to planes and setting them to reload with the SAS action group.

Endless stream of missiles.

Darn, that sucks. I just wanted to use the tracking camera for rocket launches to track them in window while in IVA or something.

8 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Nicely done :) I'm happy to see someone implementing new things.

So will it be added in future versions?

16 minutes ago, CrayzeeMonkey said:

It is a fork of BDAC, yes. I'm planning to add auto-reload so you don't have to use action groups.

Oh and also I can see some dogfight competition runners screaming no at the idea of accepting such rails into their competitions, so better add this as a new part.

9 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

So will it be added in future versions?

If a Pull Request is made and it works, of course :)

11 minutes ago, RurouniDonut said:

Yes :)

You will need to tweak the radar to have an increased locking range (I'm using like 2000 km in that video) , you will need to change the camera tracking  FOV resolutions to be able to continue zooming , increase the bdarmory settings ranges and attach a weapon manager to the rocket that you want to track.

By the way I have plans to create a separate mod to include just a tracking camera for rockets and satellite tracking  using the BDArmory camera but without any logic regarding radar locking or anything related with BDArmory.

Edited by jrodriguez

8 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

If a Pull Request is made and it works, of course :)

You will need to tweak the radar to have an increased locking range (I'm using like 2000 km in that video) , you will need to change the camera tracking  FOV resolutions to be able to continue zooming in . Increase the bdarmory settings ranges and attach a weapon manager to the rocket that you want to track.

By the way I have plans to create a separate mod to include just a tracking camera for rockets and satellite tracking  using the BDArmory camera but without any logic regarding radar locking or anything related with BDArmory.

A separate mod would be awesome! Would love to be able to have the rocket being tracked in a separate window while controlling the launch! If I add a weapons manager to the rocket for now though, would that keep the tracking window up while I'm controlling the rocket?

Edited by RurouniDonut

1 minute ago, RurouniDonut said:

A separate mod would be awesome! Would love to be able to have the rocket being tracked in a separate window while controlling the launch! If I add a weapons manager to the rocket for now though, would that keep the tracking window up while I'm controlling the rocket?

uhm as you can see on the video. I'm not really controlling the rocket, the rocket is controlled by itself (mechjeb) I'm only acting as an spectator, enjoying a beautiful and success launch.

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

uhm as you can see on the video. I'm not really controlling the rocket, the rocket is controlled by itself (mechjeb) I'm only acting as an spectator, enjoying a beautiful and success launch.

I was thinking you might need to control it if there's a problem that arises during launch but I guess you can switch to the vessel fast hopefully.

2 minutes ago, RurouniDonut said:

I was thinking you might need to control it if there's a problem that arises during launch but I guess you can switch to the vessel fast hopefully.

Yes but if you switch you will not be able to see the camera tracking window (this is because the camera tracking window is bound to the vessel that has the camera tracking module)

5 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

Yes but if you switch you will not be able to see the camera tracking window (this is because the camera tracking window is bound to the vessel that has the camera tracking module)

Ahh okay, there's no way atm to add the tracking module to the rocket I imagine then? If not, hopefully I can switch fast enough :)