[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

23 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

OMG those are some really handsome parts! Do you have a release date in mind?

Thx. There are more parts in pack, some f-16 parts like cockpit, blackhawk parts, more cars, some missiles, some ships etc. Its still wip and its in early stage of dev. Some parts require other stuff to work (like BDAC realoadable rail, which is currently broken). I'll see, maybe my parts pack will be released in summer in fully developed, complete form, or i'll release it faster as it is. But not now, there is still a lot of stuff to fix in my parts pack. Also im pretty busy with other things in life, but i really want to release it in best form possible.

Edited by L0ck0n

I'm fairly inexperienced with writing my own patches, and my only attempts have failed, but I am familiar with using and implementing ModuleManager patches.  Is there a patch I can write that adds an air-to-air radar to AirplanePlus Non-Commercial cockpits?  I'm not really a fan of putting an inline radar in the fuselage of my plane and offsetting it to look like nothing happened.

Just stepping back in to reiterate that IR missiles or flares are currently broken in KSP 1.9 BDA.

In fact, new tests seem to suggest something in the IR system is broken even in KSP 1.8 BDA.

Flares do not seem to have a disruption effect on locked on IR missiles, that's so far what our observations are. What the cause is, unknown.

19 hours ago, MoonstreamInSpace said:

PLEASE UPDATE BDARMORY SO THAT IT WORKS ON MACS! Any version before this bad change breaks KSP, and any version afterwards has a purple targeting screen.

Would you mind to test this BDArmory version? https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-Rgswh2rsG5TEv36pfTA?e=gkkfNf

I have fixed the shaders there, if it works fine I will do an official release

9 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Just stepping back in to reiterate that IR missiles or flares are currently broken in KSP 1.9 BDA.

In fact, new tests seem to suggest something in the IR system is broken even in KSP 1.8 BDA.

Flares do not seem to have a disruption effect on locked on IR missiles, that's so far what our observations are. What the cause is, unknown.

@Box of Stardust I'm thinking that it might be possible that  @TheKurgan found the root cause. Would you mind to test also https://1drv.ms/u/s!AixZLrjtqp-Rgswh2rsG5TEv36pfTA?e=gkkfNf ?

Thanks

On 3/23/2020 at 8:51 AM, TheKurgan said:

I have been building the most crazy maneuverable target drones for missile testing for the past 3 years... my drones can pull off 45G turns at will, and they can out maneuver a sidewinder about 2% of the time, and 0% against an AMRAAM.

This is in a sandbox setting with g force limits on.

can I get a craft file of said target drones, I'm curious about them

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Let me guess, wings with 100 lift area and weighing at 0.1 tonnes?

No, not at all... none of the parts I "reconfigured" are cheaty in any way... except that the engines are just a little OP.

The parts I made for myself use models from other mods, and I will not redistribute them.

NONE of my reconfigured parts have extraordinary stats... they were just parts I really liked the look of, but wanted to modify their size and certain attributes.

The drone can be seen briefly in this video, in my final test of the AA13 Arrow R37 missile.

Edited by TheKurgan

Kind of irritated at your responses... 

I have tested, and re-tuned EVERY SINGLE missile for BDAc, and Spanner's mods, and I have been doing it for about 2 years now...

I needed a craft that would push the boundaries of maneuverability that a stock or mod craft could do WITHOUT cheating.

This craft evolved from that need... slightly appalled that you guys think I would resort to cheating to  do what I have done.

That's my thanks I guess.

OK, you guys asked for it... 

I spend the last little while modifying my missile testing drone to be somewhat less mod heavy, and made an MM patch to create the engine I use.

Here it is:

https://kerbalx.com/TheKergan/Missile-Target-Drone-Stockish

Requires

BDArmory Continued of course

Plus 

B9 Aerospace Parts Pack

and the engine patch:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyjuyejozfj9smx/HBTurboFan.rar?dl=0

Plus

Kerbal Foundries2
and
Orbit Portal Technology [OPT] Spaceplane Parts

And if you are curious about my difficulty setting, here is what I use for all testing:
Y2jWMv1.png

Edited by TheKurgan

Interesting drone.

In my personal weapons + weapons systems testing, I've found it's possible to evade an AMRAAM without chaff just with a single Saturn and letting it go pretty fast. Same with Sidewinders.

I've no idea as to how it would perform with G-limits on, but I've never seen the G-force measurement of KER peak beyond 30-35 within general flight parameters.

I always have the G limits on, I don't want to make the missiles completely impossible to dodge... just very very hard and unlikely at the highest difficulty settings (G -Force part and Kerbal limits on)

That drone will pull 44g's in a turn regularly. 50 is max.... at 50 stuff explodes.

That drone can dodge about 1 or 2 out 100 sidewinders/AAMRAAMs

and it's insane... I have not built or seen anything that can maneuver better at high speeds... at least nothing that is aprox the size of a fighter jet.

I have built micro drones that can dodge missiles, but that defeats the purpose of my testing.

Oh, and this is the BDAc AI Pilot doing the flying...

I have dodged a missile while manually flying, it's not extremely hard, you just need to know how to do it... your timing has to be perfect... and the AI doesn't know all the tricks :P

Edited by TheKurgan

I've seen high-power fighter jets with unreasonable amounts of thrust and power evade missiles just by being way too fast in a (generally) straight line. for a missile to keep up a turn to intercept them. After all, evasion of a missile without countermeasures just requires the right set of circumstances; doesn't even require fancy maneuvering. Enough lateral movement relative to the missile could cause the missile to hit its maneuvering G-limit, of course.
As for Kerbal G-limits, my experience with those has purely been from SuicidalInsanity's BAD-T, and uh, I guess I can say said experience has been rather unpleasant. 

Is there any way to turn off the hitpoint system? I honestly liked it better when damage was based off heat and temperature. In my competition modes, nothing seems killable because all parts are defaultly set with high hitpoints and no missile or gun can kill a part easily. For example, parts on the Large Boat Parts mod has 200,000 hitpoints and it takes 50 PAC-3 missiles to destroy it. If there is any way to turn off the hitpoint system, let me know.Is there any way to turn off the hitpoint system? I honestly liked it better when damage was based off heat and temperature. In my competition modes, nothing seems killable because all parts are defaultly set with high hitpoints and no missile or gun can kill a part easily. For example, parts on the Large Boat Parts mod has 200,000 hitpoints and it takes 50 PAC-3 missiles to destroy it. If there is any way to turn off the hitpoint system, let me know.

Hi all,

I have done a new release of BDArmory for KSP 1.9.1. You can download it from here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.3.4

Changelog:

v1.3.4

• NEW FEATURES:
    • Recompiled for KSP 1.9.1
  • FIXES
    • Shaders compatibility for Mac / Linux
    • Missiles problem regarding locking and losing lock. Affecting heat and radar missiles. (Thanks to TheKurgan to find the problematic commit)

By the way, I will do a pre-release of BDArmory Multiplayer for KSP 1.9.1 soon. Even if I don't usually play multiplayer I would like to contribute to this difficult moment where most people should stay at home due to Covid-19 by offering the possibility of a multiplayer destruction.

Edited by jrodriguez

12 hours ago, mzkohls said:

Is there any way to turn off the hitpoint system? I honestly liked it better when damage was based off heat and temperature. In my competition modes, nothing seems killable because all parts are defaultly set with high hitpoints and no missile or gun can kill a part easily. For example, parts on the Large Boat Parts mod has 200,000 hitpoints and it takes 50 PAC-3 missiles to destroy it. If there is any way to turn off the hitpoint system, let me know.Is there any way to turn off the hitpoint system? I honestly liked it better when damage was based off heat and temperature. In my competition modes, nothing seems killable because all parts are defaultly set with high hitpoints and no missile or gun can kill a part easily. For example, parts on the Large Boat Parts mod has 200,000 hitpoints and it takes 50 PAC-3 missiles to destroy it. If there is any way to turn off the hitpoint system, let me know.

There is not.

However, there is a settings config file in the BDA directory that allows you to adjust a damage multiplier, which may achieve what you want.

That said, most of us have been using hitpoint BDA for a very long time now, and we think part durability is in somewhere of a manageable state (though Vulcans may be pitifully weak). Be happy this isn't the BDA 1.1 days in KSP 1.3 when the hitpoint system first rolled out. That was bad.

Edited by Box of Stardust

2 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

There is not.

However, there is a settings config file in the BDA directory that allows you to adjust a damage multiplier, which may achieve what you want.

That said, most of us have been using hitpoint BDA for a very long time now, and we think part durability is in somewhere of a manageable state (though Vulcans may be pitifully weak). Be happy this isn't the BDA 1.1 days in KSP 1.3 when the hitpoint system first rolled out. That was bad.

Where do I go about finding that damage multiplier? Is it a global one or do I have to do it for every part?

15 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

There is not.

Just want to add that the amount of time I have put into developing, fixing and balancing the hitpoint system to make something more or less sensible for the smallest and the biggest of the parts, could be difficult to imagine. 

Edited by jrodriguez

5 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

It's just a setting in the BDA config file. As it says, it's a damage multiplier; it affects weapon damage, not part durability.

does this affect all weapons including mods or just the BDarmory default weapons

8 hours ago, mzkohls said:

does this affect all weapons including mods or just the BDarmory default weapons

All.

On 4/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, jrodriguez said:

Hi all,

I have done a new release of BDArmory for KSP 1.9.1. You can download it from here: https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.3.4

Changelog:

v1.3.4

• NEW FEATURES:
    • Recompiled for KSP 1.9.1
  • FIXES
    • Shaders compatibility for Mac / Linux
    • Missiles problem regarding locking and losing lock. Affecting heat and radar missiles. (Thanks to TheKurgan to find the problematic commit)

By the way, I will do a pre-release of BDArmory Multiplayer for KSP 1.9.1 soon. Even if I don't usually play multiplayer I would like to contribute to this difficult moment where most people should stay at home due to Covid-19 by offering the possibility of a multiplayer destruction.

I personally haven't been able to test this, but I'm going to trust that it works. Would it be possible to also get a recompile for KSP 1.8?

Someone is running a BDA series and is both stubborn and is having weird frame rate issues in 1.9, so 1.8 is what they're using.

Although, I'm not sure what you've updated will be backwards compatible, depending on the changes from 1.8 to 1.9. But I suppose it's better to try anyways.