[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

35 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Can the guns produce enough recoil to slow the plane down even with full thrust?

They overheat before I can notice any effect. Kerbalized version of GAU-8 has relatively weak recoil, only a few kilonewtons, hardly enough to propel the lightest aircraft I could build around it. (tested in 1.4)

IzugAq2.png

A good airbrake (if you cut-off the throttle first) but not a good engine. Isp is also very low (yes, I tried to make GAU-8 propelled spacecraft)

Edited by Manul

I've ran into an issue regarding the firing of BDA missiles and Breaking Grounds parts. Firing missiles causes the green aerodynamic force indicators to drift away from the neutral center of the three rotor blades, this can have a detrimental affect on flight characteristics and more seriously impacts design, as I'm now limited to using node attachment if I wish to use missiles. I was using surface attachments to enable some slight flexibility in the joint, allowing for blade flapping which helps to stabilize unwanted vibrations and reduce unmanaged torque from the assembly moving the craft. However, having any kind of flexible joint between the assembly and the rotors, results in extreme joint instability when firing missiles. Had short look through the thread, couldn't immediately spot any posts relating to this, so... 

Spoiler

84D50A10E5FA347D41B56A8A8D40A94CA6B9FA33

Happy to provide logs if asked, not exactly sure which directory to pull them from, I'm assuming: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\Logs but I only have a module manager folder in there and at-least thus far this hasn't resulted in a crash.

Hope this is helpful for anyone having similar problems.

18 hours ago, RustyVader said:

When I use bombs for carpet bombing, they all explode from a chain reaction destroying me in the process. Can someone help with that?

What version are you using? How high are you deploying the bombs from? What bombs are you using?

19 hours ago, RustyVader said:

When I use the laser target pods it gives me a purple screen, I’ve downloaded the camera mods thinking that would solve the problem but it didn’t. Could someone help me with that?

Hmm, did you use Module manager and PRE? Also, try reinstalling the mods.

Edited by Xd the great

On 4/23/2020 at 9:57 AM, RustyVader said:

When I use bombs for carpet bombing, they all explode from a chain reaction destroying me in the process. Can someone help with that?

You'll need to go into the cfg and raise up the max health of the bombs. When one explodes, and with another nearby. It'll deplete the health of the one closest and cause the next to explode and so forth.

1 hour ago, lancefoxcia said:

You'll need to go into the cfg and raise up the max health of the bombs. When one explodes, and with another nearby. It'll deplete the health of the one closest and cause the next to explode and so forth.

I doubt you can, BDAc uses a very complicated hitpoint system.

Is there anyone that knows why I don't see the explosion effects and only the stock explosion. I've seen in videos that when for example a bomb is dropped it makes a certain explosion effect. But I only see stock explosions, this is really frustrating.

Anyone know if the AI pilot can made use of the user created action-groups (axis) commands?

Example: I've a G-0 hinge connected to a Juno motor and slaved via the Pitch Axis group. When i manually provide a Pitch input, the motor helps Pitch the aircraft in the desired direction. When I enable the AI the hinge no longer deflect despite obviously providing a Pitch input to the system.

Edited by Redacted

On 4/27/2020 at 6:55 PM, YashaDimas said:

Are The Legacy targeting Setting removed from the BDArmory settings windows? I can't find it :v

The setting still exists (ALLOW_LEGACY_TARGETING) although I'm not sure if it is still working.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:09 PM, Xd the great said:

Is it possible for missile to be fired with radar and switched to heatseekers at the last moment?

I remember one of the previous bdarmory devs added a terminal guidance system but I have never used and I'm not sure if it work. You can take a look at source code and check if you can find anything useful there.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:48 PM, Redacted said:

Anyone know if the AI pilot can made use of the user created action-groups (axis) commands?

Example: I've a G-0 hinge connected to a Juno motor and slaved via the Pitch Axis group. When i manually provide a Pitch input, the motor helps Pitch the aircraft in the desired direction. When I enable the AI the hinge no longer deflect despite obviously providing a Pitch input to the system.

It is not working by default then No. The AI Pilot was implement before Pitch axis group was implemented in KSP. 

On 5/5/2020 at 7:34 PM, lancefoxcia said:

Sent out a few tickets in the github, 2 being bugs and 2 being feature requests, if you have any questions. I'm free to PM.

That's fine however as I stated several months ago I'm only doing basic maintenance of this mod. That means that I'm not really implementing any new requests or bugs (unless I consider the bugs critical or real blockers for BDArmory). That doesn't mean that I will not add anything new never but I guess I will only add things that I'm really interested in adding for fun.

20 hours ago, The Space Man said:

Is it possible to change the targeting cam to full colour mode? I tried setting the BW_TARGET_CAM = False in the config but all it did was make the cam screen black.

Uhm I don't know. I have never tried to do it.

It is not working by default then No. The AI Pilot was implement before Pitch axis group was implemented in KSP.

@jrodriguez

Strange thing is that I can see the AI providing Axis inputs via the games GUI, which if you think about it, is the same "input" I provide manually. Guessing there is a scripting disconnect between whats being input and the resulting behavior of the aircraft.

Well anyways, BD Armory is missing out on being able to do some really cool things by not having the AI able to control a hinge or servo.

28 minutes ago, Redacted said:

@jrodriguez

Strange thing is that I can see the AI providing Axis inputs via the games GUI, which if you think about it, is the same "input" I provide manually. Guessing there is a scripting disconnect between whats being input and the resulting behavior of the aircraft.

Well anyways, BD Armory is missing out on being able to do some really cool things by not having the AI able to control a hinge or servo.

Yeah. I guess the user input is then feed into the active vessel flight control input. However, the BDArmory AI code is directly feeding its vessel flight control. 

4 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

The setting still exists (ALLOW_LEGACY_TARGETING) although I'm not sure if it is still working.

I remember one of the previous bdarmory devs added a terminal guidance system but I have never used and I'm not sure if it work. You can take a look at source code and check if you can find anything useful there.

That's fine however as I stated several months ago I'm only doing basic maintenance of this mod. That means that I'm not really implementing any new requests or bugs (unless I consider the bugs critical or real blockers for BDArmory). That doesn't mean that I will not add anything new never but I guess I will only add things that I'm really interested in adding for fun.

Uhm I don't know. I have never tried to do it.

I gotcha. I'm guessing you're awaiting KSP 2 before going with new features and all that.
One bug in particular I wish that you could look into is the part debris causing ai to not fire at the target. That's the main bug I'd love to see fixed sometime as it somewhat breaks the mod.

Just quickly dropping in to make a note about the IR missile situation in BDA right now. Might make a Github issue report later.

So 1.3.4 was supposed to have fixed the IR lock issue, and it seems to have, in some ways. However, it still seems kind of unreliable sometimes and it's really hard to accurately reproduce. But here are the issues I have noticed:

1. Flares still having no effect. Again, this is not a consistent problem, but it's noticeable when one craft repeatedly gets hit after quick-reload and it is always using flares. Admittedly, I might have to do more tests to confirm that this isn't just a craft design issue, but the plane is dropping too many flares over too many quick-save-quick-reload attempts for it to always fail; it is very suspicious.

2. AI unable to lock IR missiles on a target (despite having the weapon selected and directly pointing it at a valid target with no flares involved) and therefore cannot fire. This is also not a consistent problem.

If there is any consistency to either of these issues, they seem to be linked to a specific craft (i.e., the issue will always be on one spawned craft and not another) in a save, but what specifically determines a craft having this issue I am not sure of either. I don't think spectating a specific craft matters, as issues will still be linked to the craft they persist on after quick reloading.

BDA is the greatest mod i have ever seen!

and another question, can you add something like "target type priority" ? i hope my fighters could attack incoming missiles more aggressively...they always stick to enemy planes, regardless of the incoming missiles ,though they have an effective laser defence system on them.

: )

Video demonstration of issues:

This was after a fresh install, and there were no restarts between these two quick loads, and the behavior seems random and changes every different load. There is no pattern I've noticed. I even tried spawning both in with Vessel Mover in case an SPH editor spawn did something, but it did nothing noticeable.

The only thing consistent, as previously stated, is that specific issues are always linked to a specific craft in the loaded save.

Edited by Box of Stardust

Does anyone happen to know of (up-to-date) contract packs involving BDA, e.g. "intercept this craft" style missions, or "go blow this thing up"? I tried to find and test some fairly old ones, but they did not seem to work (vessels didn't spawn, no waypoints, things like that).