[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

Hi. I'm new on this but I can't find a solution for a problem :( i can make BDArmory work just perfect and I love it, me and some friends and we want to play this but LMP says that the mod parts are banned and cannot be loaded... Is there something that I did wrong? sorry if this doen't belong here... This is an amazing project

9 hours ago, Samaico said:

Hi. I'm new on this but I can't find a solution for a problem :( i can make BDArmory work just perfect and I love it, me and some friends and we want to play this but LMP says that the mod parts are banned and cannot be loaded... Is there something that I did wrong? sorry if this doen't belong here... This is an amazing project

You need to disable the mod control in LMP config and ensure that all of your friends are using the same mods and yes this question is better to ask it in the LMP thread :)

I've just made a new install of KSP 1.9.1, BDArmory.1.3.4.0_04092020.zip, ModuleManager-4.1.3.zip, and PhysicsRangeExtender.1.19_03282020.zip.

Created a new craft, and added two GAU guns, 30mm ammo, Flight AI and Weapon Manager parts to it. It starts up fine, with two of these crafts doing their usual dog fight manoeuvrers, however, they never fire their weapons because I see "Ammo Left: 0".

I first thought I had added the wrong type of ammo, but it's right. I do get things to fire when I set "Infinite Ammo", but that doesn't seem to do anything in Competition Mode (I guess the AI reads whether there is ammo left before attempting to fire?).

Looked at the log but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Help? :-)

@jrodriguez One last thing regarding the IR missile issue, but this time it might be a clue. 
I think so far all of the tests that have gone wrong/unreliably have been done on Windows OS, but someone else tested on Mac OS and everything seems to be fine for them. 
Hopefully this info might help in some way to track down the issue. Or not, idk.

20 hours ago, Derick said:

I've just made a new install of KSP 1.9.1, BDArmory.1.3.4.0_04092020.zip, ModuleManager-4.1.3.zip, and PhysicsRangeExtender.1.19_03282020.zip.

ZIP?

Did you extract the stuff to the correct Gamedata folder?

Are gau 8s set to target Air?

Can you manually fire the guns?

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

ZIP?

Did you extract the stuff to the correct Gamedata folder?

Are gau 8s set to target Air?

Can you manually fire the guns?

Yes, the ZIP files as download through the links provided through GitHub and from Sarbian:

Yes, it's in the correct Gamedata folder:

derick@singlemalt:~/games/kerbal/BD-KSP/KSP_linux$ ls -l GameData/
total 2420
drwxr-xr-x 16 derick derick    4096 May 10 14:43 BDArmory
-rw-r--r--  1 derick derick  141824 Nov 30 14:55 ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
-rw-r--r--  1 derick derick 2186618 May 10 15:25 ModuleManager.ConfigCache
-rw-r--r--  1 derick derick   93204 May 10 15:25 ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
-rw-r--r--  1 derick derick    8662 May 10 15:25 ModuleManager.Physics
-rw-r--r--  1 derick derick   27686 May 10 15:25 ModuleManager.TechTree
drwxr-xr-x  4 derick derick    4096 May 10 14:20 PhysicsRangeExtender
drwx------ 21 derick derick    4096 May 10 14:25 Squad

derick@singlemalt:~/games/kerbal/BD-KSP/KSP_linux$ ls -l GameData/*/settings.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 derick derick 2741 May 10 15:33 GameData/BDArmory/settings.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 derick derick  116 Apr 22  2019 GameData/PhysicsRangeExtender/settings.cfg

The GAU-8s are set to target everything (including Air).

I can manually fire them, as long as I set "infinite Ammo".

I think the crux of the problem is that it doesn't see there there *is* ammo, even though I've added the boxes to the craft.

8 hours ago, Briso said:

Hi. I have a problem. My Patriot Missile Launcher doesn't fire on a radar tip in guard mode. It just accompanies the target, but does not shoot. What might be the problem ?

1. Check you used a locking radar and has a radar lock (not just a detection)

2. Check that missiles do not fire into oneself.

3. Check that missiles in weapon bays are set to be in cargo bays.

4. Check that missiles are set to engage air/missiles and enemy is in range.

5. check that both you and enemy has weapons manager, and is set to different teams.

11 hours ago, Derick said:

I think the crux of the problem is that it doesn't see there there *is* ammo, even though I've added the boxes to the craft.

Ammo count for guns is broken, try with one craft with guard mode off and the other with guard mode on and autopilot on, and they are set to different teams.

Guns still work, but ammo count in UI always show 0 even with sufficient ammo.

18 hours ago, Xd the great said:

1. Check you used a locking radar and has a radar lock (not just a detection)

2. Check that missiles do not fire into oneself.

3. Check that missiles in weapon bays are set to be in cargo bays.

4. Check that missiles are set to engage air/missiles and enemy is in range.

5. check that both you and enemy has weapons manager, and is set to different teams.

Ammo count for guns is broken, try with one craft with guard mode off and the other with guard mode on and autopilot on, and they are set to different teams.

Guns still work, but ammo count in UI always show 0 even with sufficient ammo.

KW6cLGS.png

On 5/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, jrodriguez said:

You need to disable the mod control in LMP config and ensure that all of your friends are using the same mods and yes this question is better to ask it in the LMP thread :)

oh, I`m sorry. I tought it was a problem with the mod not with lmp itself... what a dumb mistake. Thanks a lot!

On 5/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, Derick said:

Yes, the ZIP files as download through the links provided through GitHub and from Sarbian:

The GAU-8s are set to target everything (including Air).

I can manually fire them, as long as I set "infinite Ammo".

FWIW, I tried again and now it all works lovely — No idea why :-)

5 hours ago, OmegaForce said:

Anyone else have a problem with "detonation override" and "stage on proximity" not working with modular missiles?

Currently using:

BDArmory Continued 1.3.4
Modular Missiles 3.0

I have tested it and it works for me.  If you can upload a video or the missile craft maybe I can tell you if you are doing something wrong. 

On 4/24/2020 at 3:42 AM, Xd the great said:

What version are you using? How high are you deploying the bombs from? What bombs are you using?

Hmm, did you use Module manager and PRE? Also, try reinstalling the mods.

I’m using the latest version.

Also, I downloaded bd armory from a friend because I had no idea how to download load it all correctly. My friend had it all set up for me unless something’s missing.

Hey love the this mod, but I do have a question/request if at all possible......how time consuming/difficult would it be to make some RO/RP-1 configs for this? or even era specific mission....more a thought than anything. Just think this would add an amazing new twist to the realism suite, and seeing that the military was/is technically involved in all of it anyways, kinda makes sense, no? Either way, if its possible, I would definitely be on board with it. 

41 minutes ago, serialblack said:

Hey love the this mod, but I do have a question/request if at all possible......how time consuming/difficult would it be to make some RO/RP-1 configs for this? or even era specific mission....more a thought than anything. Just think this would add an amazing new twist to the realism suite, and seeing that the military was/is technically involved in all of it anyways, kinda makes sense, no? Either way, if its possible, I would definitely be on board with it. 

Um, probably a lot of work.

But you are always free to try and make it work.

How sensitive is the AIM-9 seeker? I had trouble locking up an aircraft using Juno engines but the Goliath engine was easy for me to lock on to.

edit: Just to resolve this, it just had to do with my aircraft design that gave the Sidewinder locking issues.

Edited by BrawlerAce