[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

How can you make low caliber guns mroe effective?

I don't like shooting something with the 50. cal for half an hour until it is destroyed...

(I know destroying buildings is supposed to be hard with 50. cal, but shooting a plane in front of you shouldn't take that much ammo and time)

@cukkoo maybe this page will help?

14 hours ago, Neros7 said:

How can you make low caliber guns mroe effective?

I don't like shooting something with the 50. cal for half an hour until it is destroyed...

(I know destroying buildings is supposed to be hard with 50. cal, but shooting a plane in front of you shouldn't take that much ammo and time)

Or try upping the damage multiplier in BDArmory/settings

Yeah, but doesn't the multiplier also make heavy cannons more effective, or is it a balance factor just applied to small weaponry,

or does the multiplier change the floatcurve or smth?

And does anybody know how you would have to set configs for a hvar, specifically the one of NAS?

Edited by Neros7

9 hours ago, Neros7 said:

Yeah, but doesn't the multiplier also make heavy cannons more effective, or is it a balance factor just applied to small weaponry,

or does the multiplier change the floatcurve or smth?

And does anybody know how you would have to set configs for a hvar, specifically the one of NAS?

Yes, multiplier buffs damage of everything. You can try changing the config so .50 bmg fires some custom bullets that are more powerful, but .50 is weak because it is .50, not 20mm, not 30mm, not 120mm.

I dunno if this is the result of using the mod that's made for 1.9.1 for 1.10, but I've noticed that AIM-9s simply don't lock; at all. I though it was because my aircraft has an internal bay with the missiles. I then placed some on the wings, and still no luck. Even when aiming at an afterburning engine, rear aspect, from two miles away, the missile still acts as if there's no heat signature there. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

10 hours ago, Vault_Buster said:

I dunno if this is the result of using the mod that's made for 1.9.1 for 1.10, but I've noticed that AIM-9s simply don't lock; at all. I though it was because my aircraft has an internal bay with the missiles. I then placed some on the wings, and still no luck. Even when aiming at an afterburning engine, rear aspect, from two miles away, the missile still acts as if there's no heat signature there. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

That could be the cause.

There is also a related branch of BDAc for Scott Manley's runway project. That works for 1.10

And if your missile is inside cargo bay, make sure they are set to In Cargo Bay = True. Also Ensure the two crafts are of different teams.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:26 AM, Xd the great said:

That could be the cause.

There is also a related branch of BDAc for Scott Manley's runway project. That works for 1.10

And if your missile is inside cargo bay, make sure they are set to In Cargo Bay = True. Also Ensure the two crafts are of different teams.

What's the difference between the Runway version and the original version of BDAc?

15 minutes ago, Exxon21 said:

What's the difference between the Runway version and the original version of BDAc?

That the Runway version is a fork modified for Scott Manley's Runway Project.

Is there a stand alone burn together mod that works with bad armory ? If i extract it from the bdarmory mod, does it have any dependencies i shoudl know of ?

(I just tested teh papajoe release for 1.4, it does not work properly with 1.9. the follower ship spins wildly out of control)

Edited by Nicky21

8 hours ago, pleasehelpme said:

I am having an issue with loading the mod. It always stops at this point. What do i do?

unknown.png

Something is wrong with your Gamedata. It should be KSP/Gamedata/BDArmory/Parts/something, not KSP/Gamedata/BDArmoryContinued-1.2.2.2/Gamedata/BDArmory/something.

Also, which version of KSP are you running?

2 hours ago, Military Supplies Co. said:

I have an issue with the missiles. They don't do any damage at all. They just sorta..explode and nothing else. Dunno if this is a damage issue in settings, or if i need to switch to the runway project version since im in 1.10.1

Yeah, switch to runway version. Also, this may occur if your game has been running nonstop for hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know of a fix to make projectile weapons fire in orbital space not appear offset and/or better account for orbital drift? i'm very happy that the kinetic missile works again now, but it still doesnt work as expected... is this being addressed to anyone's knowledge?

On 10/2/2020 at 5:38 PM, cptnoname said:

Anyone know of a fix to make projectile weapons fire in orbital space not appear offset and/or better account for orbital drift? i'm very happy that the kinetic missile works again now, but it still doesnt work as expected... is this being addressed to anyone's knowledge?

I'm pretty sure that's just a quirk of BDAC. Try going to high Gilly orbit, orbital velocities there are hella low and everything should work fine.

Great mod 4/5 stars, will there ever be Ground combat on thescale as Air combat? Right now its mainly just aircraft and AA guns, but i have a few tanks i have made and id like to get them to fight each other. 

if this isnt the place for requests, im sorry!

21 minutes ago, kerbalk said:

Great mod 4/5 stars, will there ever be Ground combat on thescale as Air combat? Right now its mainly just aircraft and AA guns, but i have a few tanks i have made and id like to get them to fight each other. 

if this isnt the place for requests, im sorry!

There's actually Ground combat. The missile launcher is one of those.

2 minutes ago, gabo04 said:

There's actually Ground combat. The missile launcher is one of those.

I Know that, but you cant,, for example, make tanks follow you, and the ground ai (I believe) is meant to be stationary, shooting at aircraft. If im wrong, and im just being stupid, im sorry.

I was more picturing a tank VS tank, or tanks, and i think thats impossible right now.

Edited by kerbalk

9 hours ago, kerbalk said:

I Know that, but you cant,, for example, make tanks follow you, and the ground ai (I believe) is meant to be stationary, shooting at aircraft. If im wrong, and im just being stupid, im sorry.

I was more picturing a tank VS tank, or tanks, and i think thats impossible right now.

Actually, tanks have their own dedicated AI to drive around and shoot stuff.

I am not 100% sure if wing command works on ground vehicles, but you can do massive tank battles with the AI doing everything for you.

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Actually, tanks have their own dedicated AI to drive around and shoot stuff.

I am not 100% sure if wing command works on ground vehicles, but you can do massive tank battles with the AI doing everything for you.

Huh, didn't know that. I'll have to do some more testing...