[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

On 10/9/2020 at 5:06 AM, kerbalk said:

I was more picturing a tank VS tank, or tanks, and i think thats impossible right now.

There is a ground AI unit, it can drive a tank, shoot other tanks and occasionally destroy the KSC while doing this.

OrSfwVJ.png

But sometimes something goes wrong and my AI driven tanks go pacifistic and decide to make love not war
PbTYqaA.png

7 hours ago, Manul said:

There is a ground AI unit, it can drive a tank, shoot other tanks and occasionally destroy the KSC while doing this.

OrSfwVJ.png

But sometimes something goes wrong and my AI driven tanks go pacifistic and decide to make love not war
PbTYqaA.png

Yeah, same problem, but also half the time they justt flip the tank over. I did get it working work once though, so that's nice. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

8 hours ago, kerbalk said:

Yeah, same problem, but also half the time they justt flip the tank over. I did get it working work once though, so that's nice. Anyway, thanks for the help guys.

You can mess with different settings on the AI and weapon manager to help solve certain problems.

Lower steer factor, higher steer damping, and lower CoM of tank helps reduce flipping over.

2 hours ago, Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute said:

I don't know how to destroy the KSC. I'm in a sandbox save and apparently I can't destroy buildings. Is this because I'm in sandbox or is there some other reason? E.g. 1 direct tank shell is not enough?

1. Switch off indestructable buildings.

2. Build gatling howitzer

3. FIRE

P.S. missiles and nukes can serve as a better testing weapons. The tank gun may not be powerful enough to one shot VAB.

Edited by Xd the great

How does one change the chance to ignite the other aircraft,

like, how do you change the possibility of them burning when you shoot them?

And how does fire work in Bdarmory?

And how do you translate blastpower into tntmass? (old bdarmory unit for explosiveness into the new one)

AND what is better for 1.10: Bdarmory 1.9.1 or Runway version?

Edited by Neros7

16 hours ago, Neros7 said:

How does one change the chance to ignite the other aircraft,

like, how do you change the possibility of them burning when you shoot them?

And how does fire work in Bdarmory?

And how do you translate blastpower into tntmass? (old bdarmory unit for explosiveness into the new one)

AND what is better for 1.10: Bdarmory 1.9.1 or Runway version?

Fire in bdac is cosmetic, it deals no damage.

I don't know much about tntmass, but you can check radius of explosion as a benchmark (amomg other things).

For 1.10, I recommend runway version. It is still under development, though.

On 10/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, kerbalk said:

It's easy to mess up with KF tracks and get inverted throttle or steering control, AI can do really weird things while dealing with inverted controls. Check if your tanks don't have inverted steering or driving direction.

2 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

Is there some way to build a stealth aircraft with BDA?

Yes, you cam create custom stealth coating.

On 10/16/2020 at 11:13 PM, Neros7 said:

what does "benchmark" mean?

And wich version of bdarmory is better for groundstriking: Runway/1.9.1?

"Benchmark", as in what criteria you use to compare between different things.

If you mean air to ground strafing, then 1.9.1 is slightly more stable. But runway has more sliders for better control over the plane.

3 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

How can a custom coating be made?

MODULE
    {
	name = ModuleECMJammer
	alwaysOn = true
        resourceDrain = 0

jammerStrength = 5		

lockBreaker = false		
        lockBreakerStrength = 0	

rcsReduction = true		
        rcsReductionFactor = 0.2
    }

This is how stealth technology is represented in BDA. I took this from F-22 cockpit cfg file. rcsReductionFactor reduces radar cross section of a part that has this module.... or a vehicle... i don't know how BDA calculates RCS

Hello, I dont know where to post this, so im sorry if i get this wrong.

How does amour penetration work?

F4RVunI.jpeg

So on the right is 10mm and the left is 85mm, and it looks like the M1 Cannon shot through 3 85mm plates and only 2 10mm plates, and im guessing it should go trough atleast a total of 450mm of armored plate?

3 hours ago, BuxtonHouse said:

Hello, I dont know where to post this, so im sorry if i get this wrong.

How does amour penetration work?

F4RVunI.jpeg

So on the right is 10mm and the left is 85mm, and it looks like the M1 Cannon shot through 3 85mm plates and only 2 10mm plates, and im guessing it should go trough atleast a total of 450mm of armored plate?

Can you show the hp of the damaged but unpenetrated panels?

Also penetration angle and distance bay be a factor.

49 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

Can you show the hp of the damaged but unpenetrated panels?

Also penetration angle and distance bay be a factor.

So it was 90 degrees and about 100m so theres no deviation or other variables. The HP was full of the un penetrated panels. although i dont have a picture of that, ill do it again 

so i tested again and yeah theres no damage behind other panels. and it penned 2x10mm panels and 2x85mm panels

Edited by BuxtonHouse

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with setting up a SAM turret. This video shows pretty much what I'd like to be able to build. When I try to use the jernas turret on guard mode with AIM-120 missiles, it doesnt appear to rotate and track enemies. I've made sure that the SAM has a working tracking radar, and that the weapon manager is on guard mode. When I do this, I notice the selected weapon usually goes from AIM-120 to "None." If I try to select the AIM-120s again, it will comply for a moment then automatically switch back to "None."

So I tried to copy what he built in this video by a freeze frame, and I did successfully get one missile (AIM-120) to launch. However, this was not with a jernas turret but with a fixed missile rail. I had to fly the plane directly through the fixed target reticule to get one launch, which is not very fun nor combat like.

The opposing plane is set to be on the opposite team through weapon manager, so they should be in combat mode. This method at least works for the anti aircraft guns. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks!

On 10/24/2020 at 11:35 PM, zipelsquerp said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with setting up a SAM turret. This video shows pretty much what I'd like to be able to build. When I try to use the jernas turret on guard mode with AIM-120 missiles, it doesnt appear to rotate and track enemies. I've made sure that the SAM has a working tracking radar, and that the weapon manager is on guard mode. When I do this, I notice the selected weapon usually goes from AIM-120 to "None." If I try to select the AIM-120s again, it will comply for a moment then automatically switch back to "None."

So I tried to copy what he built in this video by a freeze frame, and I did successfully get one missile (AIM-120) to launch. However, this was not with a jernas turret but with a fixed missile rail. I had to fly the plane directly through the fixed target reticule to get one launch, which is not very fun nor combat like.

The opposing plane is set to be on the opposite team through weapon manager, so they should be in combat mode. This method at least works for the anti aircraft guns. Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks!

1. Check for problems with installation, especially wrong versions.

2. Check you have proper weapons manager on both target plane and sam site.

3. Check that missile is set to engage air, and the target plane is on another team.

4. Attempt to manually fire missiles to see if default missile drop time will cause friendly fire.

5. If all else fails, upload some screenshots here.

4 hours ago, kaishuoy said:

how do i re enable legacy targeting? the option is gone from the menu

Try settings.cfg

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

1. Check for problems with installation, especially wrong versions.

2. Check you have proper weapons manager on both target plane and sam site.

3. Check that missile is set to engage air, and the target plane is on another team.

4. Attempt to manually fire missiles to see if default missile drop time will cause friendly fire.

5. If all else fails, upload some screenshots here.

List of reasons why my SAM turrets fail:

1) I forgot to add battery
2) I forgot to add RTGs

18 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Try settings.cfg

Tried setting ALLOW_LEGACY_TARGETING = True in that already, no change

EDIT: ok I looked through the BDArmory github history, seems like all the stuff related to legacy mode got removed in january 2019. I downgraded to bda version 1.2.4 and everything seems to still be working fine in ksp version 1.10

Edited by kaishuoy