[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

Since there is no direct thread for Camera Tools I figured I'd come here with my issue.

I like to make a lot of cinematics, for which Camera Tools is a great mod, though annoyingly it breaks whenever I try to use any Slowmotion Mod. With the large crafts I use I pretty much always have to use those to get any stable frame rate. 

https://imgur.com/a/0g4WhdE please refer to this video showing off the issue, even when using a fixed pyhsics step camera tools breaks the second Slowmo is enabled. This happens even at 100% time speed set and even with other slow motion capable mods like better time warp. 

I would provide log files, though I checked them and there are no messages reported. 

Now I'm left wondering if there was any fix for this issue, it has been there as long as I've been using camera tools (KSP version 1.3.1) and it would really help me out a lot to have a fix for this.

Thanks in Advance for Help!

On 10/30/2020 at 8:46 AM, HB Stratos said:

Since there is no direct thread for Camera Tools I figured I'd come here with my issue.

I like to make a lot of cinematics, for which Camera Tools is a great mod, though annoyingly it breaks whenever I try to use any Slowmotion Mod. With the large crafts I use I pretty much always have to use those to get any stable frame rate. 

https://imgur.com/a/0g4WhdE please refer to this video showing off the issue, even when using a fixed pyhsics step camera tools breaks the second Slowmo is enabled. This happens even at 100% time speed set and even with other slow motion capable mods like better time warp. 

I would provide log files, though I checked them and there are no messages reported. 

Now I'm left wondering if there was any fix for this issue, it has been there as long as I've been using camera tools (KSP version 1.3.1) and it would really help me out a lot to have a fix for this.

Thanks in Advance for Help!

Are you using the correct version and all dependencies?

3 minutes ago, Xd the great said:

to run some competitions

Talking about competitions, I haven't heard about Runway Project competitions for a while.

3 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

whats the runway version?

Is a fork of BD Armory optimized for Scott Manley's Runway Project.

Just now, computercat04 said:

It works and is very nice. :)

Sweet. BDA is a mod that takes forever to get updated (which is understandable) so something is better then nothing. Especially since my group mostly uses it for parts instead of air to air combat which we do wanna try out some day.

I predict it won’t end well but the result would be fun either way

Just to let you know guys.  I haven't released a version for KSP 1.10 because at some point I expect that the Runway Project dev team will become officially the new BDArmory dev team.

They are doing great improvements to BDArmory and I highly suggest to use their brach.

However, If you are interested in multiplayer then you will still need to use my custom BDAMultiplayer for the moment.

Finally, as soon as a there are a new BDArmory ReContinued thread I will close this one. I might continue contributing  to the new fork :)

9 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Just to let you know guys.  I haven't released a version for KSP 1.10 because at some point I expect that the Runway Project dev team will become officially the new BDArmory dev team.

They are doing great improvements to BDArmory and I highly suggest to use their brach.

However, If you are interested in multiplayer then you will still need to use my custom BDAMultiplayer for the moment.

Finally, as soon as a there are a new BDArmory ReContinued thread I will close this one. I might continue contributing  to the new fork :)

I have to thank you and the rest of the BDAc Team for keeping this mod alive and all the work you have done. i cant wait to see whats in store with runway project devs.

Just wondering does the 1.9 build work on 1.10 without funky drag stuff and floating parts.

17 hours ago, computercat04 said:

How can I fire a HEKV1 missile in space to hit a target?

1. Lock with radar

2. Fire missile.

(I don't know, but possibly the missile may be broken.)

On 11/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, computercat04 said:

Talking about competitions, I haven't heard about Runway Project competitions for a while.

Season 2 is running on discord

On 11/5/2020 at 8:22 AM, computercat04 said:

How can I fire a HEKV1 missile in space to hit a target?

I believe you'll have to be at or above stationary orbit altitudes, because the mod uses the ground below as it's coordinate base. At low orbital altitudes all of the BDA weapons are useless. I've been told that fighting near the smallest moons is best. You probably need a detecting and tracking fire control radar as well to lock the target to get guard mode to work properly

5 minutes ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

Make a branching frame from your root part, put armor on top, keep internals/vehicle away from HE because that stuff's broken AF.

Oerlikon > Abrams gun.

Thanks for the reply, do you have any pictures/diagrams whatever so I can see the rough sort of shaped frame I should be aiming for? Also, what's HE?

10 hours ago, Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute said:

HE = High Explosive.

Maybe also consider spaced armour to trigger HE before it hits main armour?

Thanks, but I still don't really know a general shape or designs for the build, Its also hard to find BD armory videos online to see examples. I've seen a few from Son of Smith but he doesn't seem to have one for ground vehicles (If you couldn't tell, I'm a total noob to bdarmory, and ksp in general).

Guide to tank AI. Just a quick YouTube search. I might try and see if there is any way I could upload my design.

(PS, really you just use structural parts to make a frame, them build a box out of armour panels which are sloped at the ends.)

Also I'm somewhat new to BDAc myself, having joined at the start of the year, but I have spent some time. I would suggest just not being ambitous and making a few of the craft from Son of Smith first

Edited by Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute