[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

5 hours ago, Katzecha said:

Well somehow when I installed the mod manager the guns broke and none of them will fire even with all types of ammo loaded. The reticle just points at the ground below center mass of my plane and won't allow any guns to fire.

What KSP version are you using?

6 hours ago, Katzecha said:

Well somehow when I installed the mod manager the guns broke and none of them will fire even with all types of ammo loaded. The reticle just points at the ground below center mass of my plane and won't allow any guns to fire.

1. You have a wrong version installed (could be module manager, could be BDAc, could be physics range extender)

2. You installed a wrong thing/at the wrong place. I may be able to point that out if you can upload a link to a screenshot of your KSP/Gamedata folder

3. You forgot to put a weapons manager on your craft/forgot to open the in flight menu and enable the trigger/something is blocking your guns. A screenshot of your craft in flight with the GUI opened would be helpful.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:08 AM, Xd the great said:

Is the bombrack placed correctly and the missiles attached correctly? The weapons manager will prevent you fron firing a missile if it will hit your plane.

I placed all parts correctly. The module manager does prevent me from firing the missile, but when the missile is attached to the ActionGroup it doesn´t. 

1 hour ago, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

Hi, I'm using KSP 1.8.1, and after even reverting the mod itself to the version compatible with 1.8.1 I still have this issue.

For some reason, 95% of the parts are not appearing. This is all I get.

a4ce65730aaa440aec3ffa486d7c7e77.png

You don't have to revert mod to 1.8.1, you just have to go to github/spacedock for the 1.8.1 version.

Double check that you have module manager and PRE, and have them installed in the correct place.

4 hours ago, Xd the great said:

You don't have to revert mod to 1.8.1, you just have to go to github/spacedock for the 1.8.1 version.

Double check that you have module manager and PRE, and have them installed in the correct place.

triple checked. Even just went ahead and updated to KSP 1.10, and still have the issue. What correct place would they be in? Module manager in the game data folder and the PRE folder also in there as well, correct?

22 hours ago, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

triple checked. Even just went ahead and updated to KSP 1.10, and still have the issue. What correct place would they be in? Module manager in the game data folder and the PRE folder also in there as well, correct?

Everything should be in KSP/Gamedata.

Unless something went wrong with your install, which means I would need a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

Or upload a ksp.log here.

18 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Everything should be in KSP/Gamedata.

Unless something went wrong with your install, which means I would need a screenshot of your gamedata folder.

Or upload a ksp.log here.

okay so, just did a clean install of KSP (used 1.9.1 this time) because my main install has tons of mods (and I don't think that's an issue because they all work, BDA is the only one with issues). The majority of BDA parts STILL don't show up!

acfb493d990cba0bfc967d47ad485fc0.png

eb5c94da4d52b43251de8616be5a01fb.png

7 hours ago, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

acfb493d990cba0bfc967d47ad485fc0.png

Can you try clicking on the BDArmory tab on the leftmost? Should be under all the utilities and science tab. Don't use the janitor's closet.

Also, double check that your install is KSP/Gamedata/BDArmory/(part, models, there are a bunch of folders and files), not KSP/Gamedata/BDArmory/Gamedata/BDArmory/(insert files here).

Edited by Xd the great

6 hours ago, Xd the great said:

Can you try clicking on the BDArmory tab on the leftmost? Should be under all the utilities and science tab. Don't use the janitor's closet.

Also, double check that your install is KSP/Gamedata/BDArmory/(part, models, there are a bunch of folders and files), not KSP/Gamedata/BDArmory/Gamedata/BDArmory/(insert files here).

ooooh, going to the bd armory tab shows it's been loaded. It's weird though, weapon manager never showed up in search yet it was there the entire time?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are there any example craft or prefab targets to test if the combat craft I'm designing are actually any good? Is there an easy way to prevent hostile targets from blowing up a craft on the runway? Or some way to set up a testing zone a short flight away from the KSC?

Edited by The-Grim-Sleeper

18 hours ago, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

Are there any example craft or prefab targets to test if the combat craft I'm designing are actually any good? Is there an easy way to prevent hostile targets from blowing up a craft on the runway? Or some way to set up a testing zone a short flight away from the KSC?

Example craft is in the BDArmory/craft folder. Warning: those craft are test craft only, they suck in combat

Prevent hostile targets rom attacking: open the menu and switch off guard mode of hostile target

I don't think a "no conflict zone" is possible, but you can reduce the max visual range so they don't see you.

On 3/5/2021 at 2:50 AM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

There is an option in the weapons manager settings window called "peace mode" that stops all guard-moded vessels from engaging

On 3/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

I've seen people engage AI-flown craft. Is that hard to set up?

There some threads in challanges forum regarding BDArmoury and various setups (WW2 era crafts, generation 5 fighter crafts etc.). IIRC, in those there was detailed description how to setup AI vs AI combats for validate challange. It should worth to look in some of those threads.

On 3/9/2021 at 6:35 PM, The-Grim-Sleeper said:

I've seen people engage AI-flown craft. Is that hard to set up?

No, but using KSP to play war thunder can be hard.

Build some good fighters, have one of the fighters controlled by full AI (P and G pressed in vessel switcher), you open the menu on the other fighter, switch it to a different team, and do the dogfight.

Oh and use vessel mover for making spawning craft easier

Edited by Xd the great

Okay so, hey! Quick question for anyone that actually knows how in the hell to make custom weapons for BDA,

How do I set up particles in unity with the KSP particle emitter?

I had a muzzle flash working perfectly fine until I tried to swap to the KSP particle emitter, then everything broke, and I'm on the verge of bloodlust because I just want something to work.