[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

12 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Do you also have Filter extension mod installed ? I have seen few similar reports from other users where they miss parts/category in VAB/SPH with Filter extension mod installed. I don't know if it is issue how mods are installed or some wierd conflict between mods or issue within Filter extension mod. But, if you use it, it is first mod to remove, to see if it is issue or not.

I do not have the Filter extension mod.

I had this on a different computer and loved it! I want to get it on this one as well (Especially with Grounded Modular Vehicles and AirplanePlus)

Has anyone had problems with this mod in KSP 1.12?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

Sometimes it bugs out. Make sure that A) the rockets are actually hitting, B) that the bullets are aimed properly and C) that enough are hitting to do damage. Damage doesn't register till it hits.

Edited by Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute
I stuffed up and replied to an older thing instead of here

33 minutes ago, Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute said:

Sometimes it bugs out. Make sure that A) the rockets are actually hitting, B) that the bullets are aimed properly and C) that enough are hitting to do damage. Damage doesn't register till it hits.

I always attach my Vulcans radially on fuselages, so they should be aligned properly. I dont get the bullet hit markers on the body of the plane, and even with instakill on it still doesn't do any damage. As for the rockets, I normally use AMRAAMs and Hydras, and the AI gets a lock, but doesn't fire any missiles. When I manually launch missiles they go straight to the target and explode and do damage, it's just when the AI has rockets they dont work. Guns dont work for either me or the bots.

On 8/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, DipeePlaysYT said:

I always attach my Vulcans radially on fuselages, so they should be aligned properly. I dont get the bullet hit markers on the body of the plane, and even with instakill on it still doesn't do any damage. As for the rockets, I normally use AMRAAMs and Hydras, and the AI gets a lock, but doesn't fire any missiles. When I manually launch missiles they go straight to the target and explode and do damage, it's just when the AI has rockets they dont work. Guns dont work for either me or the bots.

Is the AI in Guard mode and able to fire? And are you  sure your Vulcans are far enough out not to hit the plane? And just checking, you did include an ammo box?

47 minutes ago, Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute said:

Is the AI in Guard mode and able to fire? And are you  sure your Vulcans are far enough out not to hit the plane? And just checking, you did include an ammo box?

When I start a Dogfight from the  BDAc options menu, the battle starts and it automatically puts the pilots into Guard Mode, and they go to fight each other. They fire the vulcans at each other but it doesn't do damage. Sometimes I think I see some of the bullets go through the planes, but I might be mistaken. And yes in the menu I have bullet hits on. I always put one of each type of ammo box on my planes for just in case moments. When the bots run out of ammo, they still try to shoot their guns at each other, but sometimes they get a lock on the other planes and go into the rocket selection, but don't use them, no matter how far away they are from each other. I also tried .50 cal turrets, and those clearly hit, but still do nothing. Could I have maybe installed the wrong version of the mod, or just installed it wrong?

19 hours ago, DipeePlaysYT said:

When I start a Dogfight from the  BDAc options menu, the battle starts and it automatically puts the pilots into Guard Mode, and they go to fight each other. They fire the vulcans at each other but it doesn't do damage. Sometimes I think I see some of the bullets go through the planes, but I might be mistaken. And yes in the menu I have bullet hits on. I always put one of each type of ammo box on my planes for just in case moments. When the bots run out of ammo, they still try to shoot their guns at each other, but sometimes they get a lock on the other planes and go into the rocket selection, but don't use them, no matter how far away they are from each other. I also tried .50 cal turrets, and those clearly hit, but still do nothing. Could I have maybe installed the wrong version of the mod, or just installed it wrong?

Sorry, I can't really help you there.  Last things I think could be the problem: Wrong version, make sure your using BD Armory link from start of this thread, and make sure that you are up-to-date.

• 2 weeks later...

@HotVector Yes and No. KSP is dead, if you judge the life of a program by whether any dev work is being done on it. The BD Armory for Runway project fork is also stopping commits, because of a crucial fact: BD Armory is stable with 1.12.02, the last version of KSP. Until KSP 2 comes out, no-one is going to do anything on the mod - No bug fixes, as it is stable, and no more content (BD Armory stopped having new content ages ago - jrodriguez is just maintaining the mod (i.e. bug fixes), not introducing new content (Initial development and content for this mod was done by BahamotuD, legendary Modder who has moved on from the KSP community). Sorry for long read).

Ultimately, BD Armory is NOT DEAD. There is just no need for new versions - it is stable as is.

Please note that I am neither the current maintainer or original Modder - just a user of the mod who likes to play around.

EDIT: Some users have had bus in KSP 1.12, however the mod will not crash the game. I will do some testing myself to determine if this is the case.

Edited by Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute

4 hours ago, HotVector said:

Sorry if I'm being ignorant of the current events, but is the mod dead? There hasn't been any commits on the GitHub repository for over a year

This BDArmory fork, pretty much yes. I'd suggest everyone looking for latest BDArmory to go to the BDArmory Runway project edition. I haven't work in BDArmory for more than year and I don't think I will tbh (Maybe I will do a last release of BDArmory multiplayer for KSP 1.12 and latest LMP)

9 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

This BDArmory fork, pretty much yes. I'd suggest everyone looking for latest BDArmory to go to the BDArmory Runway project edition. I haven't work in BDArmory for more than year and I don't think I will tbh (Maybe I will do a last release of BDArmory multiplayer for KSP 1.12 and latest LMP)

Didn't know that the Runway Project version was still being worked on. Thanks for the info! Does the runway project version work with multiplayer?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On 8/13/2021 at 6:50 AM, jrodriguez said:

What's the ETA for 1.12 BDArmory Multiplayer?

On 8/22/2021 at 11:49 AM, StinkyAce said:

Im just wondering something:

has anyone tried and succeeded in attacking a machine gun to a turret (like a tank) top and have it work with the turrets rotation?

I have tried but the machine gun stays put while the turret rotates.

stinkyAce

You need to mess with same vessel interactions and rotors and stuff for that to work. Can't just slap it on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2021 at 8:50 PM, jrodriguez said:
On 8/13/2021 at 4:32 PM, HotVector said:

Sorry if I'm being ignorant of the current events, but is the mod dead? There hasn't been any commits on the GitHub repository for over a year

Thanks fort all the work you have done keeping this mod alive over the years. 
I would love one last version for 1.12 and LMP maybe merge the improvements made in the Runway Project Fork.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, HotVector said:

What's the ETA for 1.12 BDArmory Multiplayer?

Don't ask for ETA's, it will come out when it comes out. Besides its a maybe and not a guarantee. 

33 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

Thanks fort all the work you have done keeping this mod alive over the years. 
I would love one last version for 1.12 and LMP maybe merge the improvements made in the Runway Project Fork.

Don't ask for ETA's, it will come out when it comes out. Besides its a maybe and not a guarantee. 

I will do a recompile for KSP 1.12 and latest LMP but merging Runway it is not really feasible because it has changed quite a lot.

37 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

I will do a recompile for KSP 1.12 and latest LMP

Thanks heaps for doing this :cool:

38 minutes ago, jrodriguez said:

but merging Runway it is not really feasible because it has changed quite a lot.

That's all good, I don't actually know what's been changed. It just would be amazing to have it running on multiplayer again