[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

In light of the new KSP 2 development update video I'd like to make a request for the consideration of whomever may be porting BDa to KSP 2.

Please, consider revamping how BDa calculates targeting in KSP 2. From what I understand, BDa relies on a surface based method to calculate targeting. This works fine for the most part, but, it makes space to space targeting impossible. Two ships shooting each other in space cannot correctly target each other with this flaw.

I have suffer no illusions, this a big ask. But with the implementation of orbital construction and planetary bases, it would be amazing to see space combat function correctly in KSP 2.

Thanks for reading I guess. Have a good one!

22 hours ago, Luriss said:

In light of the new KSP 2 development update video I'd like to make a request for the consideration of whomever may be porting BDa to KSP 2.

Please, consider revamping how BDa calculates targeting in KSP 2. From what I understand, BDa relies on a surface based method to calculate targeting. This works fine for the most part, but, it makes space to space targeting impossible. Two ships shooting each other in space cannot correctly target each other with this flaw.

I have suffer no illusions, this a big ask. But with the implementation of orbital construction and planetary bases, it would be amazing to see space combat function correctly in KSP 2.

Thanks for reading I guess. Have a good one!

With any luck, it should be possible once KSP2 is out, if not, at least we'll be able to have surface battles on new, distant worlds.

I think I have installed all the dependencies of BDA... however, these weapons seems not to work. When I aim rockets and turrets at a target practice, they just pass straight through, dealing no damage at all... also the armour thickness could be adjusted any time??? Also, all of these radars cannot detect anything and lock onto anything. I'm very confused.

Also for space combat, am I able to lock onto a target with some maneuverability (while not nearly as much as the missile) and hit it? how does the path predicting works? And If myself wants to make a smart projectile that can attack multiple targets by ramming straight into one, and then ram the next one and so on, what code should I write in the cfg file?

Edited by SynX
adding information

8 hours ago, SynX said:

I think I have installed all the dependencies of BDA... however, these weapons seems not to work. When I aim rockets and turrets at a target practice, they just pass straight through, dealing no damage at all... also the armour thickness could be adjusted any time??? Also, all of these radars cannot detect anything and lock onto anything. I'm very confused.

You need module manager and physics range extender. Check that you are using the correct versions.

New release for KSP 1.9.0 is here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.3.3 

I really recommend to update to  KSP 1.9.0 and to use latest BDArmory and PRE releases ASAP!  KSP dev team has fixed the issue that I reported regarding the vessel sounds not fading with distance so now BDArmory is not the crazy engines sounds party as it was before :) . Besides the performance is better than ever :)

Edited by jrodriguez

11 hours ago, Xd the great said:

You need module manager and physics range extender. Check that you are using the correct versions.

I really hope the mod itself includes the compatible version of physics range extender... for module manager, I believe each version of KSP have it’s own module manager,  as long as it’s a compatible version of BDA it should be fine

8 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

New release for KSP 1.9.0 is here https://github.com/PapaJoesSoup/BDArmory/releases/tag/v1.3.3 

I really recommend to update to  KSP 1.9.0 and to use latest BDArmory and PRE releases ASAP!  KSP dev team has fixed the issue that I reported regarding the vessel sounds not fading with distance so now BDArmory is not the crazy engines sounds party as it was before :) . Besides the performance is better than ever :)

Oh yeah

2 hours ago, SynX said:

I really hope the mod itself includes the compatible version of physics range extender... for module manager, I believe each version of KSP have it’s own module manager,  as long as it’s a compatible version of BDA it should be fine

For BDAC v1.3.3, you need:

PRE v 1.18

MM v 4.1.3

KSP v 1.9

7 hours ago, SynX said:

Module Manager is mod itself, that means is not included by KSP. 

I suggest to always use CKAN to manage mods. If you try to install BDArmory with CKAN it will automatically download PRE as a dependency.

13 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

Are there any specific patch notes for KSP 1.9 BDA, or was it just a recompile?

• NEW FEATURES:
    • Recompiled for KSP 1.9.0
    • Localization en-us and zh-cn (Thanks to tinygrox!)
  • FIXES
    • Some NRE here and there.
    • Fixes to Laser accuracy (Thanks to Gedas!)
    • Part Categories for BDArmory is now activated by default

7 hours ago, pizzahat said:

Whenever I install this I literally only get armor plates...

Any reason why?

Pretty sure you have done a wrong installation. You can review the Closed issues on GitHub, you are not the 1st one 

Just now, ssd21345 said:

lol someone on /r/ksp discord keep asking how to scroll dunno how to ans him

How to scroll?? Can you actually scroll the categories?

1 minute ago, jrodriguez said:

Pretty sure you have done a wrong installation. You can review the Closed issues on GitHub, you are not the 1st one 

How to scroll?? Can you actually scroll the categories?

they think the misaligned catalogies are scrollable as the gun tab is cut halfway

Edited by ssd21345

7 hours ago, Xd the great said:

@jrodriguezIs it just me or are internal weapon bays broken? My F-22s can no longer fire missiles from the Mk-2 cargo bays.

I just did a test and it was successful with the MK2 long cargo bay. I added 2 x AIM 120 and 2 x Sidewinder , each one placed in its own rail. Drop time increased to 1.5 seconds and In Cargo bay set to true.

Also ensure that the Clearance Check is active in settings to avoid any issues .

Edited by jrodriguez

So i'm having a slight issue, not serious as it doesnt affect how the mod works, but radar dishes rotate in 180 degree segments rather than smoothly rotating. 

I've had this issue a few years ago and I discovered that the Physics delta time slider fixed the issue, however it is not working this time, anyone got any idea how to sort this? 

I know its not a default BDA radar and its in space and BDA doesnt like space, but this happpens on the ground with the default BDA radars too. 

Attached is a link to a video of how the dish is behaving

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Commander Jebidiah