[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

6 hours ago, Box of Stardust said:

@jrodriguez Does BDA MP still require Physics Range Extender or no? Just making sure what we're doing using PRE is the right thing to do, and not the wrong thing.

Yes. It is required. I suggest to disable the terrain extender option in the PRE settings file (inside PRE mod folder)

Is anyone else having issues with not being able to link radar between craft?? KSP Version 1.9.1

Output_log.txt: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVFPKw_4Bh0Az1H3z5KANauf_dAipcD6/view?usp=sharing

Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/xknIGYQ

The problem is that I can't link radar between two different craft, whenever I click the radar link button nothing happens/I cant select the radar truck. Both craft are on the same team, the receiving craft has the radar receiver part.

Mod List:

clickthrough blocker, toolbar controller, bdarmory, heat control, hullcam vds, knes, mechjeb2, nasa countdown clock, modular launchpads, all of the nearfuture mods, physics range extender, scatterer, tweakscale, vaporvent mod

The data link menu opens to the left of the main radar tab, meaning if you have the radar tab all the way on the left side of the screen you cant see the datalink options:(

Edited by RYU AZUKU99
Ugh

"Module manager is missing." message in red when I right click on the weapons Manager part and click the Open GUI button. My specific issue is the big red text and the bullet collisions do not seem be working, all else appears to be working from what I can tell. I have places sarbian's ModualManager folder from out of the ModuleManager-master folder https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager into the GameData folder with the BDArmory and PhysicsRangeExtender and the 2 squad folders. I cant find any reference or links to what ModualManagers to install or where or how to locate the correct one if there are multiple or a specific version needed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, bonyetty said:

"Module manager is missing." message in red when I right click on the weapons Manager part and click the Open GUI button. My specific issue is the big red text and the bullet collisions do not seem be working, all else appears to be working from what I can tell. I have places sarbian's ModualManager folder from out of the ModuleManager-master folder https://github.com/sarbian/ModuleManager into the GameData folder with the BDArmory and PhysicsRangeExtender and the 2 squad folders. I cant find any reference or links to what ModualManagers to install or where or how to locate the correct one if there are multiple or a specific version needed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Remove everything and install everything again but using CKAN. I'm pretty sure you have done a wrong installation of module Manager by downloading the master branch

1 hour ago, jrodriguez said:

Remove everything and install everything again but using CKAN. I'm pretty sure you have done a wrong installation of module Manager by downloading the master branch

Ok I’ll try that again. Thanks

edit

fresh download of the ksp zip and installing from it then the same procedure got the same result?  

Edited by bonyetty

"ModuleManager-master.zip" is the file that downloads from GitHub - sarbian/ModuleManager. When I unzip it, I get a Modulemanager-master file. Inside the ModuleManager-master is a file called ModuleManager. I pasted this ModuleManager file into GameData. GameData file now has BDArmory, ModuleManager, PhysicsRangeExtender, Squad, and SquadExpansion folders in there. I'll have a look at CKAN I haven't used it before does it have a compatible Module manager folder to go along side of BDArmory in GameData? 

8 hours ago, bonyetty said:

fresh download of the ksp zip and installing from it then the same procedure got the same result?  

For either, manual install or trough CKAN it is still important to understand how mods in KSP work. This article is worth to read, even for veteran KSP players:

You may also read this post as well, that I wrote as further clarification:

CKAN is not perfect, but humans are prone to make mistakes too, it is easy to overlook something with so many mods around.

Speaking of bd armory. Turns out i had all of spanner monkeys stuff on my old computer. SM Missiles SM Navy SM Armory All of it. Would anyone like a copy? If so message me I'll send you a link to Google drive. (Also yeah I read his post on his user page. Unless he personally asks me I'm still doing this)

15 hours ago, bonyetty said:

"ModuleManager-master.zip" is the file that downloads from GitHub - sarbian/ModuleManager. When I unzip it, I get a Modulemanager-master file. Inside the ModuleManager-master is a file called ModuleManager. I pasted this ModuleManager file into GameData. GameData file now has BDArmory, ModuleManager, PhysicsRangeExtender, Squad, and SquadExpansion folders in there. I'll have a look at CKAN I haven't used it before does it have a compatible Module manager folder to go along side of BDArmory in GameData? 

Module manager is not a folder. 

Check this:

There should be a download link somewhere on the first post.

Male sure you got the correct version.

Oh, and the file location is Gamedata/ModuleManager, same with Gamedata/BDArmory or Gamedata/physicsRangeExtender

Edited by Xd the great

1 hour ago, Xd the great said:

Module manager is not a folder. 

Check this:

There should be a download link somewhere on the first post.

Male sure you got the correct version.

Oh, and the file location is Gamedata/ModuleManager, same with Gamedata/BDArmory or Gamedata/physicsRangeExtender

x.x.x.dll yes thank you this is what i was getting wrong. Copy and past the thing called ModuleManager.x.x.x.dill for BDarmory into GameData to function not ModuleManager.

For KSP1.9.1 GameData/ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll this works for me. GameData/ModuleManager does not for me no matter how many times i try.

If any weapon is activated manually (not through Weapon Manager interface) it is deactivated after each explosion caused by it's fire. I first encountered this in 1.7 so it's not version specific I think. Does anybody else have this problem?

Steps to reproduce:
1) Arm Crater Crawler with 30mm turret (ammo and WeaponManager also required)
2) Activate turret with action group or toggle button in part action window
3) Blow up another Crater Crawler
4) The turret will be deactivated

And i've just found something new: stock wheels can not be damaged by projectiles or explosions. KSPWheel based wheels explode as per usual. KSP 1.9.1 BDA v1.3.4  Here ia a log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HIk79y_89mEG686OdldpmdagWFiDUEXJ/view?usp=sharing

Vnq6dVH.png

Edited by Manul

12 hours ago, bonyetty said:

x.x.x.dll yes thank you this is what i was getting wrong. Copy and past the thing called ModuleManager.x.x.x.dill for BDarmory into GameData to function not ModuleManager.

For KSP1.9.1 GameData/ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll this works for me. GameData/ModuleManager does not for me no matter how many times i try.

Ok. Double check it is Gamedata/ModuleManager, not Gamedata/gamedata/ModuleManager. Same for BDAc and PRE. Also where did you download the dll?

7 hours ago, Manul said:

And i've just found something new: stock wheels can not be damaged by projectiles or explosions. KSPWheel based wheels explode as per usual. KSP 1.9.1 BDA v1.3.4  Here ia a log https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HIk79y_89mEG686OdldpmdagWFiDUEXJ/view?usp=sharing

Vnq6dVH.png

This is something old. Because of, erm, wheel physics in KSP, they are indestructable.

4x4cheesecske helped with this link to it. It works fine for me using it. No didn’t have GameData/GameData for BDArmory, the range extender or for the ModuleManager folder I was trying to use. Now with BD, range and ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll as I said it’s working great. :) I said fine but really it’s working great ;)

thanks for you help

https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/ModuleManager/157/artifact/ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll

Edited by bonyetty

9 hours ago, Xd the great said:

This is something old. Because of, erm, wheel physics in KSP, they are indestructable.

I don't remember such log records before:

[LOG 10:46:18.045] [F: 34124]: [wheelMed] Collision Enhancer Punch Through - vel: 14.02327

This is what happens when wheel's parent part explodes. Looks like wheel physics has been changed again.

And I could not destroy the KSC using reasonable firepower with building damage multiplier set to 1. Round fueltanks near the VAB resist 120mm projectiles, the VAB itself looks nearly indestructible. Dual 203mm howitzer and a railgun from NED fixed this with a few shots :D
This is not what I call "reasonable firepower"

dwzV1h8.png

Edited by Manul

9 hours ago, Manul said:

And I could not destroy the KSC using reasonable firepower with building damage multiplier set to 1. Round fueltanks near the VAB resist 120mm projectiles, the VAB itself looks nearly indestructible. Dual 203mm howitzer and a railgun from NED fixed this with a few shots :D

This is not what I call "reasonable firepower"

dwzV1h8.png

A couple bombs should be more than enough to destroy any buildings.

5 hours ago, Xd the great said:

A couple bombs should be more than enough to destroy any buildings.

Bombing the VAB is scheduled for tomorrow, today we are testing guns. :D

P.S. in 1.3-1.7 days the VAB used to fall apart from a few 120mm projectiles and fuel tanks used to blow up after 30mm burst.

Edited by Manul

1 hour ago, TheKurgan said:

Yeah even my railgun from KTech takes 3 or 4 shots to destroy the VAB.

In 1.7.3 this K-10 could annihilate the whole KSC within seconds.

Spoiler

n7I420B.png

You can never have too much BRRRRRRT

6kvZiMM.png

Edited by Manul