[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/29/2021 at 12:48 AM, GAMP_the_Computer said:

Sorry to ask something that should seem obvious, but does Tweakscale still badly conflict with this mod or has that issue been resolved?

Hi! I'm not aware of a conflict between these modules (i.e. I don't have notices of these codes stomping each other's toes), but I had some cases of bad patching in the past - what most of the times ended up screwing up something.

If you could be more specific about the problem, and if it is not fixed yet, I can try to fix it!

Cheers.

On 5/30/2021 at 7:07 AM, Lisias said:

Hi! I'm not aware of a conflict between these modules (i.e. I don't have notices of these codes stomping each other's toes), but I had some cases of bad patching in the past - what most of the times ended up screwing up something.

If you could be more specific about the problem, and if it is not fixed yet, I can try to fix it!

Cheers.

What I meant was that the ModuleManager would basically go "WARNING, USING [Tweakscale] and [BDArmory] WILL KILL YOUR SAVES IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH WITH USING BOTH MODS SIMULTANEOUSLY." 

However, I WAS installing an older version of BDArmory at the time, so that could be the issue? I just want to make sure I'm in the green before I choose to install the latest version of said mod. 

5 hours ago, somepotatoinspace said:

I seriously had kerbal load over the night, but it hadn't finished in the morning. PLEAAAAASE! MAKE IT EASIER TO LOAD!!! I WANT NUKES!

It's not a problem of this particular mod, you've just ran out of RAM. Any mod can hang your loading almost forever if there are to many mods for the amount of RAM you have.

9 hours ago, GAMP_the_Computer said:

What I meant was that the ModuleManager would basically go "WARNING, USING [Tweakscale] and [BDArmory] WILL KILL YOUR SAVES IF YOU FOLLOW THROUGH WITH USING BOTH MODS SIMULTANEOUSLY." 

Bad patching. Reach me on TweakScale thread, publishing the full KSP.log and MM Patch log, and we will diagnose and fix the problem.

TL;DR : bad patching can change the scale of living crafts in a way that would render them unusable, and once you load and save the save game, the damage is permanent. 

It's not something that happens all the time, but it does. And you just figure out it happened some time after it happened (we don't check every living craft of a game every time we load it).

In a way or another,  it's fixable. 

Edited by Lisias
Adding link

On 5/22/2021 at 7:04 PM, Pikapolar said:

I'm probably being stupid but when I look in the KSPedia there is no page on BDArmory. Am I doing something wrong?

Same here. Hard to learn how to use the mod if there's no info on how to use it.

Edited by RocketSimplicity

On 6/1/2021 at 7:34 AM, somepotatoinspace said:

By the way, the Vulcan machine gun takes SUPER LONG to load. Do you think it could be simplified?

What Computer are you using @somepotatoinspace? @Manul is absolutely right in the RAM issue; If you run out of RAM, the mods then start loading on your hard drive/SSD to make enough space. I'm fortunate that having a fast SSD means I can get away with more mods and still have 8Gb RAM. Mine takes 10 minutes to load with about 10-20 mods (Sorry no exact number, I am no longer sure how many I have including dependencies and CKAN). If still not, then maybe you'll have to run stock. Not that stock is bad (Once your in mods, you're never getting out).

21 minutes ago, RocketSimplicity said:

Same here. Hard to learn how to use the mod if there's no info on how to use it.

Mod is surprisingly easy to learn @RocketSimplicity and @Pikapolar, I am sorry if I am repeating myself but Shift-Right click to open info screen for each part as you hover over it in the build section. This part is in KSPedia, but kind of hidden. Follow that and you should find plenty of information.

On 6/2/2021 at 2:24 AM, Jebediah Kerman 13 said:

I have a problem with the 1.8.1 version of BDarmory. I normally put the file into the GameData file, and the game. Everything goes fine until it starts loading the Vulcan 20 mm turret. It take AGES to apply the part. How can I fix this?

I used to have this issue @Jebediah Kerman 13. Try using the BDarmoury for Runway version, if not I'm sorry I don't have a fix. I'm really not sure what I did to fix it, I think it involved some file editing (but just to code, not to the part's critical data like damage or speed or drag. I'm not that sort of editor. File editing can be done through the notepad on windows and some simple digging about. {I'm not a coder, I just applied some basic things that I could not repeat. Please don't ask for further details.})

Anyway sorry for the long message. Hope this helps someone.

Edited by Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute