[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

@somepotatoinspace, 7.2 gb is fine. So long as you play with either small crafts or less mods or have ssd storage (assuming you want fast loading, of course). However, slow oading times are fine. 7.2 Gigabytes could be improved, if you have a pc, for cheap (about 50 dollars i think since 16gb is $130 {Sorry, I am Using AUSTRALIAN dollars since that is where I live} ) Otherwise, if a laptop, not much you can do :( (unless you have one of the fancy interchangeable ones, but unlikely if you only have 7.2Gb). 

What do

"HITPOINT_MULTIPLIER = 1.5
    DMG_MULTIPLIER = 120
    BALLISTIC_DMG_FACTOR = 1.55
    EXP_DMG_MOD_BALLISTIC = 1.125
    EXP_DMG_MOD_MISSILE = 6.75
    EXP_IMP_MOD = 0.25"

do exactly?

Ok, @Neros7, I will try and explain it. Prepare for nerding session:

Hitpoint_Multiplier is basically how much damage it should do above a particular valu. DMG_Multiplier is then the same except for damage (Hitpoints are the number of times something can be hit before breaking, and damage is how much damage it can take before breaking. If, say, a missile hits you wing, it does 1 hitpoint as it only hit you once, but does lots of damage, where as a round from one of the guns will do less damage but then you can fire lots to do hitpoint kills.). BALLISTIC_DMG_FACTOR is then damage it does against armour - ballistics is just a fancy word for a bullet. Think of it as a penetration factor.

Nerding ended.

Please don't take this as 100% accurate, these are just my thinking. I may well be wrong. Also, sorry but I don't know what the other 3 ones are.

22 hours ago, QAM00 said:

Would in the future you guys want to add bomb/missle racks with multiple hardpoints? I would be cool  to have a rail and a bomb rack in one.

That's purely a visual thing- make your own!

The current basic hardpoint can fit whatever you please on. Another rack to make a quad rail, two bombs and a missile, two missiles and a bomb, etc. Turreted racks are missile only, and the rotary rack it's best to keep with one type of weapon only.

Edited by Sidestrafe2462

On 6/12/2021 at 4:30 PM, The Kerman said:

Hello There!
Do I Need Regular BDAc For BDAc Multiplayer To Work?
I Have All The Dependencies For BDAc Multiplayer So Why Is It Not Working?

if it doesn't work, then download BDAc and look if it works

On 6/11/2021 at 11:35 AM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

That's purely a visual thing- make your own!

The current basic hardpoint can fit whatever you please on. Another rack to make a quad rail, two bombs and a missile, two missiles and a bomb, etc. Turreted racks are missile only, and the rotary rack it's best to keep with one type of weapon only.

Ah alright, Thanks!

20 hours ago, Natso said:

The Anti Phalanx Gun can shot my toperdo underwater .... it not true in real life

It is not possible to use jet engine underwater too, but it works in KSP. Considering that stock game never planed any of BDA features, it is amazing how BDA performs in KSP.

Edited by kcs123
typo

Hi, I'm trying to modify the HEKV missile to be useful in space warfare. However, for some reason, the missile swerves off target right before impact, instead of going in for the kill. My current config file is below:

PART
{
// Kerbal Space Program - Part Config
//
//

// --- general parameters ---
name = bahaHEKV1
module = Part
author = BahamutoD

// --- asset parameters ---
mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

// --- node definitions ---
node_attach = 0.0, 0.1232686, -0.3764487, 0, 1, 0, 0
node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.1232686, 0.0, 0, 1, 0, 0

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = precisionEngineering
entryCost = 2100
cost = 4000
category = none
bdacategory = Missiles
subcategory = 0
bulkheadProfiles = srf
title = HE-KV-1 Missile
manufacturer = Kerman Dynamics
description = The HE-KV-1 is a radar guided high explosive missile designed for space warfare. It has very strong RCS thrusters to guide it toward it's target, however it is vulnerable to PDC fire as it's rudimentary computer system means it flies in a predictable path that makes it easy to intercept. 
// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision
attachRules = 1,1,0,0,1

// --- standard part parameters ---
mass = 0.14
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.01
minimum_drag = 0.01
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 5
maxTemp = 3600

MODULE
{
	name = MissileLauncher
	shortName = HEKV

thrust = 10
	cruiseThrust = 2.5
	dropTime = 1
	boostTime = 4
	cruiseTime = 120

maxTurnRateDPS = 360 //degrees per second

decoupleSpeed = 5
	decoupleForward = true

hasRCS = true
	rcsThrust = 60

audioClipPath = BDArmory/Sounds/jet
	guidanceActive = true //missile has guidanceActive
	homingType = RCS
	targetingType = radar
	missileType = missile
	DetonationDistance = 1

activeRadarRange = 100000
	maxOffBoresight = 180
	lockedSensorFOV = 2

radarLOAL = true

minStaticLaunchRange = 5000
	maxStaticLaunchRange = 100000

engageAir = true
	engageMissile = true
	engageGround = false
	engageSLW = false
}

MODULE
{
	name = BDExplosivePart
	tntMass = 300
}

}

Could someone who is familiar with missiles help me with this? Thanks a lot!

On 7/7/2021 at 8:59 AM, obnox twin said:

Hello I'm really confused is this BDarmory updated or do I need to install the runway project I am really confused.

I think for now you need to install runway since some of the features from this version of BDA doesn't work properly in the latest ksp release.

The developer of this mod said he might update it during the summer but I'm not sure when 

On 5/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, jrodriguez said:

Also, to correctly install BDAc, first download the latest release from the BDAc releases link posted below (not the source download) and then extract the BDArmory folder contained within the zip file and place it into your KSP/Gamedata folder ... Do not, I repeat, do not place the Gamedata folder contained within the BDAc zip into your Gamedata folder as this will cause umpteen million conflicts to arise as the BahaTurret pickle looks for textures, configs and whatnot in specific places

Can someone please explain this to me?

On 7/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, Miniwave said:

I think for now you need to install runway since some of the features from this version of BDA doesn't work properly in the latest ksp release.

What is runway?

On 7/13/2021 at 8:42 AM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Can someone please explain this to me?

Download the add-on from GitHub,  unzip the .zip file, open the gamedata folder in the .zip file, copy the BD Armory file, and paste it in the ksp game data file.

2 hours ago, somepotatoinspace said:

The bd armory parts category seems to be missing from 1.12 . Is this just me?

Do you also have Filter extension mod installed ? I have seen few similar reports from other users where they miss parts/category in VAB/SPH with Filter extension mod installed. I don't know if it is issue how mods are installed or some wierd conflict between mods or issue within Filter extension mod. But, if you use it, it is first mod to remove, to see if it is issue or not.