[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

Hello guys

I am interested with this project as I take part to some BDA contest.

I am building a submarine for the naval contest and I noticed that the water AI is not able to steer the ships in 3 dimensions. it's mainly configured for surface naval operations. As a consequence you must build a submarine that will dive by default, but as there is no instructions for the AI to navigate between 2 depth limits , the submarine seems to be always steering to the bottom of the sea. Depending how you built it, it will navigate at 2 or 3 meters because it is unable to go deeper under surface - so it's nearly a surface boat - or it will dive slowly and indefinitely.

My question is: Are you working on an update to allow submarine to navigate between 2 depth as Air AI is able to fly between a maximum and a minimum altitude?

Thank you for this fantastic mod!

Sidewinder vs Flare ,  flare doesn't seem to work 

the missile seems to ignore the flares, or is the issue that the aircraft is too slow ? also, when flying manually, sidewinder  doesn't lock ever.
am i missing something?
https://streamable.com/hfzzct      (both crafts are identical , and have only sidewinder + flare equipped)

Edited by gadnuk
wrongly worded

@Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute hi,  version 1.3.4.0  , downloaded it here from the most recent update  https://github.com/jrodrigv/BDAMultiplayer/releases/tag/0.4  

( the video had the old version, but it didnt make a difference) , i just tested it without all addons except module manager and phys. range extender, which are necessary for bdarmory i believe, no change.  
So you have no problems with flares/sidewinders?

Edited by gadnuk

@Jeb_Needs_A_ParachuteAs far as i am aware, i have the most recent versions of all mods and am on ksp version 1.12.1.3142, however all guns are broken and will not fire, their aimers being stuck wherever i turn the gun on or at the launch site, and no turrets will turn to follow any input, even radar slaving. the weapon manager says they have zero ammo despite the actual ammo count, but when i turn on ammo gauges it reads correctly, tested by draining half ammo in SPH.

i also think i have the flares not working bug the other guy mentioned, and for clarity im using the multiplayer version of the mod as that has been recompiled for 1.12

Edited by The solid fuel chemist

5 hours ago, The solid fuel chemist said:

@Jeb_Needs_A_Parachute for clarity im using the multiplayer version of the mod as that has been recompiled for 1.12

The multiplayer version will only work when playing in multiplayer with LMP. If you want to play in single player you should go the Runway Project version of BDArmory 

Sometimes when  weapon ( from BDAc or other MODs) exploded, such as a bomb or missile hit the target, the screen turn black, but the UIs and windows and sidebars are still shown, and the aircraft sounds like still running (the voices and engine sounds are fine), and I can even switch to the map mode to see the planet  view and my craft's icon moving on it.

(This is the screenshot:https://imgur.com/a/2bOcwQr

The interesting part is that this phenomena doesn't happen all the time, it happens in a frenquency about 1/3, so the bomb or missile could possibly explode fine, but sometime the black screen bug happen.

So I think this is not a regular malignant BUG, but something random and perhaps about the computer performance?

If anyone have aslo encounter such problem or even know what's behind this strange little black screen bug after weapon exlosion, I'll be grateful to know.

Edited by DuckDuckCute

Hi! Been looking at the documentation for the radar so I can make my own classic radar sets from history. Some of them being old radar gunsets used by F-86s and the AN/APQ-120 for the Phantom, my problem is that the documentation for Radar Configuration         , doesn't cover what scanRotationSpeed, lockRotationSpeed and lockRotationAngle really means. I made a test radar and I really can't find a difference between the stock radar and my radar. This is not including other variables I can probably extrapolate their use, for instance lockAttemptFOV being used for when you're attempting to lock an aircraft and it represents the pointing of the radar beam. I assume. but changing the first 3 I see no noticeable change. If someone can provide some extra information on these variables, I'd appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...

Good day. I have problems during bomb drops. I have my bombs set to ripple, triger armed and a bomb selected but no matter if they are on the rotary rack or not only two bombs will fire at a time and that prevents me from carpet bombing. I saw in an old post from 2016 that it was something to do with weapon grouping but i dont have any options anywhere to group bombs together....  what can i do to fix this?

Edited by Darth Nihilus
typos

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently downloaded BD Armory, and installed in in a fresh copy of KSP. When I try to place a part in the VAB, it just flashes and won't mount. I've tried the weapon manager, guns, missile rail,inline radar, etc., and they just flash red and don't mount.

On 12/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, teacherboi said:

I recently downloaded BD Armory, and installed in in a fresh copy of KSP. When I try to place a part in the VAB, it just flashes and won't mount. I've tried the weapon manager, guns, missile rail,inline radar, etc., and they just flash red and don't mount.

Have you installed the dependencies they are Physic Ranger Extended and Module Manager. Make sure you have them installed and in your game data folder

Edited by obnox twin

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2020 at 5:39 AM, BrawlerAce said:

How sensitive is the AIM-9 seeker? I had trouble locking up an aircraft using Juno engines but the Goliath engine was easy for me to lock on to.

edit: Just to resolve this, it just had to do with my aircraft design that gave the Sidewinder locking issues.

What exactly in your design gave the Sidewinder locking issues?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello does Modular Missile Guidance work for GPS coordinates? I am unable to make it work, in this case hitting the island runway from default launch site. I tried to set my rocket to both cruise and ballistic guidance but every time my rocket flight to almost opposite direction .

Here is prelaunch settings
https://ibb.co/x5mGtYW

Here rocket flights to wrong direction 

https://ibb.co/0cwkwd3

And here it ends 

https://ibb.co/JvpS82h

I tried to hit the same GPS coordinates with pre build cruise missle from BDA and it worked no problem. Any idea what should I set differently?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting requests to look into merging code from Project Runway and BDA Continued.  As I understood things, during my absence, the BDA team disbanded, and Project Runway took over maintenance.  @jrodriguez started a multiplayer fork, as far as I know.  Is this a correct assessment?  I've not heard from the other members of the old BDA team in a while, so I'm just putting out feelers to see what the state of BDA Continued is.  What are the differences between the two forks, and is there a reason to bring BDAc "up to date?  What is the value proposition in doing so?

3 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

I'm getting requests to look into merging code from Project Runway and BDA Continued.  As I understood things, during my absence, the BDA team disbanded, and Project Runway took over maintenance.  @jrodriguez started a multiplayer fork, as far as I know.  Is this a correct assessment?  I've not heard from the other members of the old BDA team in a while, so I'm just putting out feelers to see what the state of BDA Continued is.  What are the differences between the two forks, and is there a reason to bring BDAc "up to date?  What is the value proposition in doing so?

Hi Papa, your assessment is correct.  From my point of view, it doesn't make sense to merge  the code from the Runway Project because it is in my opinion the natural successor of our Bdarmory Continued. 

If any, maybe it could make sense to do some basic maintenance to ensure that BDAc continue working without fatal errors or exceptions just in case someone prefers the legacy Bdarmory Continued

9 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi Papa, your assessment is correct.  From my point of view, it doesn't make sense to merge  the code from the Runway Project because it is in my opinion the natural successor of our Bdarmory Continued. 

If any, maybe it could make sense to do some basic maintenance to ensure that BDAc continue working without fatal errors or exceptions just in case someone prefers the legacy Bdarmory Continued

Good to hear from you Jesus!  I'll take a look and see what can be done to at least make it run on the current version.  No promises.