[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

12 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

Hi Papa, your assessment is correct.  From my point of view, it doesn't make sense to merge  the code from the Runway Project because it is in my opinion the natural successor of our Bdarmory Continued. 

The major problem with Runway Armory is that it's getting more and more complicated after each update.  Many weapons from other mods need to be reconfigured to get benefits from this complexity.  Switching ammo types or combining them into a single ammo belt is awesome, the GAU-8 can finally spray a wild mix of AP and HE rounds as it's meant to do (this is what I would really like to see in BDAc). But they also reworked all BulletDefs and weapon cfgs, moving many parameters such as muzzle velocity to bulletdefs, I'm not sure I want to get deep into it to keep all mods I'm using up to date.

I wonder if it's possible to make the "green cirle" of droping bomb to show up in a higher altitude.

In current mod, you can fly up to below 10,000 meters (such as 9,850m) to make the "green cirle" show up, but when I tried to make some high-altitude supersonic bomber aircraft and tried to drop some nuclear bomb from them, it's difficuty to aim because the "green cirle" cannot show up at altitude higher than 10,000m.

Is there a ".xml" file or something that I can edit to enable the green circle to show up with higher altitude?  Or is there any mod that can help with these?  Or is this function limited by some distance factors in game? 

Thx~

Ok so I've done a recompile of BDA for KSP 1.12.3  I don't have a test bed game save to work with, so I can't really put it thru its paces so to speak.  If there are those that are willing, I've genned up a Beta release on Github for testing purposes for those brave enough to assist me with getting a working version of this fork.

Note the KSPedia section of BDA needs to be recompiled in Unity, and I don't have the original unity project.  That was @DoctorDavinci's fine handiwork.  If anyone has screen shots of the original BDA KSPedia, that would be helpful for me to rebuild it.  Alternatively is someone knows how to Open the compiled versions in unity that might be a path for me.

Also someone requested an update to BDMk22Plugin (thanks @Acid_Burn9), and I've recompiled that for KSP 1.12.3. It is also beta, as again I do not have a decent game save to test with.  Anyone wishing to test this can go to the bdmk22plugin git repository and download the beta version.

Links for both are in my signature below

Edited by Papa_Joe

On 1/29/2022 at 11:30 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Also someone requested an update to BDMk22Plugin (thanks @Acid_Burn9), and I've recompiled that for KSP 1.12.3. It is also beta, as again I do not have a decent game save to test with.  Anyone wishing to test this can go to the bdmk22plugin git repository and download the beta version.

Plugin seems to work correctly with the latest version when it comes to the display functionality and clickable buttons. The only problem that unfortunately makes the Mk22 unusable is that the HUD has no opacity/ Transparency. The symbiology works correctly when the HUD is powered on, but the foreword view is blocked by a grey place holder texture where the HUD should be transparent. I have a hunch that this has something to do with RPM(adopted) and I may have to run it with the old depreciated version of RPM. I'll post my findings when I get around to swapping out the files in my game data.

Edit 7:16pm: Nope. Has the same issue with the old versions of RPM. Must be an issue with the part.

Edited by Spunge_bub12

17 minutes ago, Spunge_bub12 said:

The only problem that unfortunately makes the Mk22 unusable is that the HUD has no opacity/ Transparency. The symbiology works correctly when the HUD is powered on, but the foreword view is blocked by a grey place holder texture where the HUD should be transparent.

Here is the bug, I've posted a screenshot on Imgur.

52 minutes ago, Doge_ said:

Does anyone know that I'm doing wrong, I downscaled ksp to 1.9.0 and downloaded BDA for 1.9.0 and downloaded Physics Range Extender for 1.9.0 to and when I booted up ksp I was loading until it stopped loading

Any other mods? What does your gamedata look like? What version of Modulemanager are you using?

11 hours ago, Doge_ said:

Does anyone know that I'm doing wrong, I downscaled ksp to 1.9.0 and downloaded BDA for 1.9.0 and downloaded Physics Range Extender for 1.9.0 to and when I booted up ksp I was loading until it stopped loading right here 

You have GameData folder inside the GameData folder. Open the folder "BDArmory 1.3.blahblahblah", find a folder named shortly "BDArmory", copy it  directly inside the KSP GameData folder and remove the "BDArmory1.3.blahblahblah"

I could not find a mod manager download

I have no other mods I was gonna install some others 

B9 aerospace 

Norths kerbin dynamics 

and tweak scale

also I'm trying to get a bunch of military's items and weapons, do you have any mod recommendations  

7 hours ago, RurouniDonut said:

Hello, is there anyway I can use just the camera tracker portion of the mod? I want to use it with ofcourseistillloveyou without introducing too much new content or part modules.

No it is not possible. But I agree that it would be nice to have a mod with that functionality. However, you can track/follow  a vessel using CameraTools mod, from a different vessel you can select a part of the vessel you want to focus the camera and track it :)

Hi, did now all heat-guided missile required radarlock first? because if I just use any heat missile without radar-locking enemy aircraft first, it wont lock even inside <900m range, while after locking with radar suddenly it able to lock enemy aircraft, even after locking it I unlock the radar-lock. Tested using sidewinder and missile from SMI Missiles and Launchers.

2 hours ago, SOXBLOX said:

@jrodriguez Thank you, sir! I've watched those, but I'm not sure if they work with BDArmory for Runway Project. Do you think it would be better if I uninstall Runway Project's version and use BDAc & your Modular Missile Parts mod instead? Thanks again!

I'm not sure if it will work in Runway Project maybe they have changed the way it work and in that case I suggest to ask to the RP developers first. If you don't find out how to make it work then I'd go for the legacy Bdarmory and my Modular Missile Parts

7 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

I'm not sure if it will work in Runway Project maybe they have changed the way it work and in that case I suggest to ask to the RP developers first. If you don't find out how to make it work then I'd go for the legacy Bdarmory and my Modular Missile Parts

Will do! Thanks!

15 hours ago, SancthuaryID said:

Hi, did now all heat-guided missile required radarlock first? because if I just use any heat missile without radar-locking enemy aircraft first, it wont lock even inside <900m range, while after locking with radar suddenly it able to lock enemy aircraft, even after locking it I unlock the radar-lock. Tested using sidewinder and missile from SMI Missiles and Launchers.

Also it seems AI still able to lock with IR missile, only player-controlled have this issue.

From Git issue tracker, It same issue with #792 and #798

Ok, for those that are interested. I have a release candidate for BDMk22 

It "appears" that I have the Hud display transparent again.  Please test it and let me know.

Release BDMk22Plugin · PapaJoesSoup/BDMk22Plugin (github.com)

v1.6.2RC
---------------------------------------
- Reworked distribution process
- Reworked a couple of textures

Thanks for testing.

vr4guhA.png

As for BDAc, I currently have a beta out that can be tested, but I'll be looking at what feedback I have already and seeing what I can do to restore some of the lost functionality.  Keep the feedback coming.

Edited by Papa_Joe
added image

I'm not sure I should ask this here or make it a new post, but here goes:

If I want to make rockets fired by rocket pods guided, with stats similar to that of radar-guided missiles, how would I do so? I'm trying to re-create the ADMM missiles from Ace Combat 7, but I want to make sure this is possible before I start anything. The reason I want to use rocket pods is to avoid the lag spikes when missiles decouple, and considering the ADMM containers hold either 62 or 90 missiles, the lag spikes could become unbearable. Additionally, how would I allow the selection of multiple targets at once, but only with certain weapons enabled?

Edited by Kebab Kerman

20 hours ago, Doge_ said:

for BD armory 

I have a beta compiled for 1.12.3.  There may be issues with it so your milage may vary.  Check out the OP for the Github releases page.  If you decide to test drive it, any feedback is welcome.

Edited by Papa_Joe