[1.9.1] BDArmory Continued v1.3.4 & BDArmory Multiplayer [17/09/2021]

jrodriguez

Is it possible to use the modular missile guidance unit to launch parasite craft? E.g. a small drone with a weapon manager and AI pilot, that becomes an independent entity after launch? I've been trying to get ships to launch support craft in this way but I haven't had much success. Just wondering if it's impossible in the first place or if I should keep trying.

The main problem I have is that the drones seem to stay linked to the mother ship. I've tried getting the MMG unit to eject itself after launch but that doesn't seem to do anything.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Spunge_bub12 said:

After testing with @Acid_Burn9, we have determined that it appears that BDModularMissleParts is causing the graying of the Hud of Mk22.  I"m looking at the Modular missles mod now, but it is a new area for me, so that will take time and a lot of questions  (building parts and models).  If you remove BDModularMissileParts, the BDMk22 hud is transparent.

1 hour ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

Huh? Never knew BDAc had a successor... :huh: What is this Runway Project?

Yup.  There is and it is active.  Scott Manley also uses it.  There have been some significant changes from my understanding, and it has grown more complex.  That is one of the major reasons that this fork was discontinued.  I'm ony reviving it to make it compatible with 1.12.3, and support those that don't want the changes that were made that break a fair number of existing part mods.  A fair number of config changes, changes to the way bullets are handled, the ability to mix and match ammo, and more.  Check it out!

Edited by Papa_Joe

54 minutes ago, Acid_Burn9 said:

Does it have a forum thread? I can only find the SpaceDock page.

YOu can start here.  Runway Project | Scott Manley Wiki | Fandom 

It does not appear that there is a forum thread for it.  Github source:

BrettRyland/BDArmory: Gun turrets and other weapon systems for KSP (github.com) 

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 1:46 PM, Ben J. Kerman said:

Has anyone had problems with this mod on 1.12?

Nothing, except the IR/Heat missile guidance which doesn't lock without radar lock first. Only affect player-controlled vehicle (runaway project also get same issue)

Anything else other than that is working perfectly

13 hours ago, SancthuaryID said:

Nothing, except the IR/Heat missile guidance which doesn't lock without radar lock first. Only affect player-controlled vehicle (runaway project also get same issue)

Anything else other than that is working perfectly

Good to know.  I'll look at the logic.

For those that are interested, I'm reviving the original BDAc thread, as i'm going to be resuming maintenance this BDAc fork going forward.  I've discussed this with @jrodriguez, and he is fine with me reviving my original thread.

As you all know, I've released a beta version for KSP 1.12.3 and it seems to be working for the most part.  I will be updating my original thread with that version.  Please post any issues you find going forward in that thread.  I will continue to look into this thread for a short while to catch any stragglers, but please refer to the original thread below:

On 2/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, Papa_Joe said:

changes that were made that break a fair number of existing part mods.

After being involved with BDA for a couple years before RWP, and being part of RWP for the last 2 years, I can say that BDA for RWP keeps all that was BDAc and just builds upon it.
The additions, new capabilities, bullet balancing, bug fixes and so much more is well worth a look.
Legacy missiles ALL still work, I know this because I re-released many of Spanners without changing anything at all.
All weapons that had the own bullet defs still work perfectly fine.
Some weapons that used BDAc bullet defs may have been affected, and may need very minor updates.
No other parts, that I know of, have been broken.

Edited by TheKurgan

16 hours ago, TheKurgan said:

Legacy missiles ALL still work, I know this because I re-released many of Spanners without changing anything at all.

Guided missiles work fine but unguided don't, the legacy module RocketLauncher isn't recognized by RWP. 

Also I noticed a problem with air-to-air missiles that work in a vacuum as they do in the atmosphere despite having no maneuvering thrusters

So a have a few questions regarding the BDA Project runway.

I’m just curious, because I currently use the BDAc (1.9.1) and a bunch of other weapon mods.  Because it has a larger array of weapons to use. I have tried the project runway mod for 3 days and it was causing some issues. 

NKDR quit working even with the most recent version. “Module manager not compatible, blah blah something .dll with this version.”

Missiles & bombs weren’t doing much damage. 4-6 missiles to destroy a craft. 6-10 missiles to destroy a craft with armor plates. That is with the default armor settings. (Armor default = 150)

AI was constantly driving in the opposite direction. Like it was trying to run way from the fight, it also would never engage during the fight.

So i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and I had the same issues again.

So I went back to (v1.9.1). I also didn’t know the crafts, I had would become incompatible when changing back to a previous version. So I had to rebuild them all.

Additional questions 

Will their be any additional missiles and bombs added to the mod in the future?

I tried different modes like battle damage and bleeding heart, and paintball mode and couldn’t figure what they did. 

I would like to try the runway project again, but I don’t want to lose the craft I have already built. 

Weapon mods I use now

BD Armory Continued (v1.3.4)

Kerbal Field (v2.4.1)

MalFunc Industries (v1.1.3)

North Kerbin Dynamics Renewed (v0.0.16)

TBone's XAGM (1.0.5)

On 2/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Yup.  There is and it is active.  Scott Manley also uses it.  There have been some significant changes from my understanding, and it has grown more complex.  That is one of the major reasons that this fork was discontinued.  I'm ony reviving it to make it compatible with 1.12.3, and support those that don't want the changes that were made that break a fair number of existing part mods.  A fair number of config changes, changes to the way bullets are handled, the ability to mix and match ammo, and more.  Check it out!

So is BDA compatible with 1.12.3 now? 

3 hours ago, Kerbal Combat said:

Is the BDAc  still being updated? I saw a post saying BDA 1.12.3 was released. Is that not the same as the project runway?

No it is not the same. BDA " Runway project" is a better and newer version forked from BDAC   2 years ago. The version released for 1.12.3 is just a maintenance release of BDAc.

2 hours ago, Kerbal Combat said:

So is BDA compatible with 1.12.3 now? 

Yes