Converting .craft files for import into 3D software?

I'm not a coder, so what I am asking may not be possible or just too hard, but is there any way to take a .craft file and convert it into something that would open up in Blender or Cinema 4D?  I've spent a lot of time building my models, and I would love to be able to pull them into some 3D software where I could then more easily create scenarios, either in Blender or After Effects.  Or even just have the model saved in a form that would exist past that sad day in the future when KSP is no longer supported. 

I've got a few ideas for workarounds, but this would be very cool if it was doable.

There was a plugin for blender, KSPblender, that would read craft files. It looks like it doesn't work with the current version... Or at least the the thread that I quickly found doesn't work. 

@Klapaucius, @taniwha has the Blender Import Export plugin he's still actively developing which I'm pretty sure can do this, as well as handling the stock model .mu files.

https://github.com/taniwha/io_object_mu

Just note that the master I linked to is only for Blender 2.8, which is still in beta... for a version that works in Blender 2.79b or possibly earlier, you have to get the version in the 2.79 branch.

EDIT:
Actually, heres his thread that explains better: (altho theres no mention of .craft files, the plugin does do them)

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.