It would help if you shared your solution, so other people could fix it if they had this issue. I personally experienced this, and the cause was an improper normal map, but your case may be different.

This is what Laythe terrain looks like. As far as I know, this problem is limited to Laythe.

screenshot71.png?width=1192&height=671

This is my GameData folder:
unknown.png

I have no idea how to fix this. It appears to be a glitched terrain file, but all of them are in place in the right folders. Spectra and KSPRC don't conflict, since KSPRC is part of Spectra.

This is what the terrain should actually look like (taken from Spectra's official imgur album):
r3SjIfa.png

Edited by PartiallyBurnt

On 5/4/2019 at 2:32 AM, Heirloom said:

It would help if you shared your solution, so other people could fix it if they had this issue. I personally experienced this, and the cause was an improper normal map, but your case may be different.

It was conflicting with SVT because i forgot to uninstall it

I landed on Laythe to find the sand pitch black. This is full daylight, nothing is blocking the sun. If anyone has any idea as to why this is, help is appreciated.

screenshot71.png?width=1192&height=671

My GameData folder. As far as I know, this problem is caused either by Spectra or possibly by the fact TextureReplacer is missing (I like the stock skybox more, so I didn't install TR). Laythe looks absolutely fine from map view, as will be shown below.

unknown.png?width=573&height=670

This is Laythe from far space, the terrain looks perfectly sand-colored, as it should be.
screenshot67.png?width=1192&height=671

This is how Laythe should look like according to the official Spectra album:

r3SjIfa.png

Any help on the fix is appreciated.

@PartiallyBurnt TR missing shouldn’t be the cause of your terrain being black. One thing could be that you may have accidentally deleted some from from the Spectra folder. I suggest reinstalling Spectra and see what happens.

Actually, if i recall Spectra already includes KSPRC textures so you shouldn’t have to install KSPRC seperately.

18 hours ago, Heirloom said:

@PartiallyBurnt TR missing shouldn’t be the cause of your terrain being black. One thing could be that you may have accidentally deleted some from from the Spectra folder. I suggest reinstalling Spectra and see what happens.

Actually, if i recall Spectra already includes KSPRC textures so you shouldn’t have to install KSPRC seperately.

The spectra zip folder includes dependencies (kopernicus, TR, KSPRC) and I'd assume KSPRC wouldn't conflict with Spectra since that KSPRC folder came with the Spectra install. I'll still delete it, just to see if anything changes.

5 hours ago, PartiallyBurnt said:

The spectra zip folder includes dependencies (kopernicus, TR, KSPRC) and I'd assume KSPRC wouldn't conflict with Spectra since that KSPRC folder came with the Spectra install. I'll still delete it, just to see if anything changes.

No, don’t delete the KSPRC folder as that’ll make the terrain problem worse. Perhaps you should post this in the Spectra thread, and then the author may know the cause and solution.

Edited by Heirloom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.