Mod Bounty Program

Dr. Boo

Squad should come up with a Bounty Program for modders. So for example Clouds, there are plenty of good Cloud mods, pick one. Give him $5000 and put the mod in the game. Many other mods like Mechjeb should just be part of game.  The Game developers should concentrate on making game faster, and better memory management. It is silly how much memory this game is using up. I have a few mods, and I am close to 40gb of ram. That is nuts. It is not a great system. It probably needs to ne optimized. BTW the jump to 1.5 was great nut it needs more. I don't need to redesign pods again or do widgets that are not nearly as good as third party mods.

Sometimes it feels that they are jealous of the good work of many modders. They don't get that that is what makes this game really great. Make it easier for modders.

13 hours ago, Dr. Boo said:

Squad should come up with a Bounty Program for modders. So for example Clouds, there are plenty of good Cloud mods, pick one. Give him $5000 and put the mod in the game. Many other mods like Mechjeb should just be part of game.  The Game developers should concentrate on making game faster, and better memory management. It is silly how much memory this game is using up. I have a few mods, and I am close to 40gb of ram. That is nuts. It is not a great system. It probably needs to ne optimized. BTW the jump to 1.5 was great nut it needs more. I don't need to redesign pods again or do widgets that are not nearly as good as third party mods.

Sometimes it feels that they are jealous of the good work of many modders. They don't get that that is what makes this game really great. Make it easier for modders.

This post has been split off from the Clouds Thread, as it was Off Topic for that thread, and has been moved here. 

FWIW, I have 80 some mods on my game, but only run a bit over 4.5gb of RAM.  I eschew visual mods in favor of gameplay and parts mods, so I have a feeling, since you posted in the clouds thread, you run a lot of visual mods, which might induce the RAM bloat.  So it might not be the game's fault per se. 

As for the merits of the idea of a bounty program, well, I think the community here will have some strong opinions on it. 

The problem with a mod bounty is then there's official mods - whichever mods won the bounty.  If it's an official mod, why isn't it part of stock KSP?  If there's a good reason for it not to be part of stock KSP, why is Squad paying for it?

Basically, it opens a can of worms on what status various mods have in relation to KSP, what's supported, etc.  At the moment it's simple: There's stock (including DLC), and there's everything else.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.