Controlling aircraft help

Newbie. Xbox one. What do people use to help assisting in aircraft control? Just tried to make a larger double winged plane with like 10 jet engines 120 thrust each to see how far I can push my fuel (and to just make something ridiculous). It flies and maintains altitude great. I added RCS thrusters  to the bottom of the nose too and i think that's helping it gain altitude quicker. Problem is it's turning way too slow. So hard to steer its impossible to land. 

What do peiple use for controlling the plane better? Im not sure if certain fins/ engines give better control or what

it depends on what "fins" you are using. if you are using the static ones like the basic fin or the winglet, https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Parts#Winglets, then you are seeing a correct behavior. they will work against any change of direction. The other ones, https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Control_surface, do depend on how far they are from the center of mass to determine how much force they exert in moving the plane around. 

would ask for pics, but I don't know if it is possible on the console version.

First thing you should check is, in the VAB activate centre of mass and centre of lift indicators. Ideally you want your centre of lift to be as close to just behind  the centre of mass as you can. 

I suspect in your case it may be  quite far behind the centre of mass. Which means it will turn. You just have to fight it a bit.

Hope this helps

Judging from your claim, it seems your center of mass is in front of center of lift, which makes your plane nose heavy. Activate center mass and lift layout on SPH, and make sure center of mass (yellow ball) just behind the center of lift (blue ball), either move the wings forward, adding more mass behind or adding more wings forward

On 5/4/2019 at 12:05 PM, gmartini01 said:

Problem is it's turning way too slow. So hard to steer its impossible to land.

Completely depends on the specific design of your plane-- e.g. on details such as exactly where you've placed your control surfaces and so forth.  Really need to see a picture of your plane to provide any specific feedback.

I realize you're on console so "screenshot" is harder, but if there's anything you can do to show us your plane, that would really help.

Most all larger KSP EE jets will have that problem, I have a medium sized ultra long range jet and it has the same problems.  Rotate your jet say 45 degrees  and use your horizontal stabilizers to turn your jet, it isn’t the worlds best way to turn your craft  but I find it works worlds. Ps, don’t use them with engines with a gimbal  because the gimbal will help you more than those stabilizers ever will.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.