DJA 1946 BDAc AI Dogfight Tournament

-4:29: Yellow tracers don't show up too well against a yellow background, but the Weird duck got sniped during the initial pass and lost its root part, resulting in the craft disassembling and the camera unfocusing.
-10:23: I don't know either. I didn't have hack Gravity on (why would I?), so best guess is missing that much airframe the duck could generate >1 TWR.

Penultimate match, between @Noir's Blizzard and @Me1_base's FCS:

One more match to go, then probably the requested bonus match between the flying wings to wrap things up by the weekend, with BAD-T V likely starting on Sunday.

@UltimateFlash15@Sidestrafe2462@RedPandaz@GDJ - You all expressed some flavor of "I missed it!?"  for this contest, so pinging you here to let you know head of time about the next if you're still interested.

8 hours ago, SuicidalInsanity said:

:@UltimateFlash15@Sidestrafe2462@RedPandaz@GDJ - You all expressed some flavor of "I missed it!?"  for this contest, so pinging you here to let you know head of time about the next if you're still interested.

Yep! Just send out the rules and regs and I'm participating.

The Final Match; between @Alioth81's Swift and @Me1_base: Zephyron. Which will win, agility or armor?

Final tally of AI tactical blunders:
Out of 24 matches and 72 individual bouts
-Rammings: 20
-Friendly Fire: 2
-Ground collisions: 17

I may do a couple of post-tourney bonus vids, but this wraps it up for the tournament.

On 7/11/2019 at 1:43 PM, SuicidalInsanity said:

Fun fact - the original draft for DJA I was considering allowing the BDA S-KOM rocket pod, and had completely rewritten the rocketlauncher code to enable the BDA AI to actually use the things (at present, the AI doesn't even recognize a craft is carrying rocket pods). They didn't make the cut mainly because their performance compared to guns, even with prox-fuzes, was awful. Also, I wasn't sure how to price the things.

What could have been: DJA Bonus 1:

Spoiler

Red team IA-36: 22 rockets fired.
Blue team Phantom: 47 rockets, 33 before scoring the kill, and 14 afterward.

For reference, S-KOM rocketpod weights 160kg and only holds 23 rockets, and the above performance was with 11m radius proximity fuzed rockets.

Edited by SuicidalInsanity

On 9/21/2019 at 6:35 AM, SuicidalInsanity said:

The Final Match; between @Alioth81's Swift and @Me1_base: Zephyron. Which will win, agility or armor?

Spoiler

Final tally of AI tactical blunders:
Out of 24 matches and 72 individual bouts
-Rammings: 20
-Friendly Fire: 2
-Ground collisions: 17

I may do a couple of post-tourney bonus vids, but this wraps it up for the tournament.

I like the turn fighting but watching all those near mid air collisions like the one at 3:02 are a bit nerve wracking.

I think the AL-18 probably was more often rammed successfully than actually shot down. Probably at least one AL-18 in every round died due to this.

One a side note where is the like button?

@SuicidalInsanity

I think I found a way to fix the destuction effects "bug" where the whole plane goes up in flames. As I have no clue how to properly fix it with git hub etc. I posted my suggested fix here:

I am not sure how often the mod is updated so you might consider using a local patched copy and check if it works for you and those nice videos :-)

Edited by Alioth81

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.