41 members have voted

1. 1. which of jool's moons is the best for a challenge

• laythe
    • vall
    • tylo
    • bop
    • pol

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/31/2019 at 06:00 PM

I'll vote for Vall, just because there aren't enough Vall challenges. It's like the Dres of the Jool system. Just because it's a rather boring iceball with nothing particularly special going for it, that doesn't mean it doesn't also deserve our love and attention. :) 

16 hours ago, vyznev said:

Just because it's a rather boring iceball with nothing particularly special going for it, that doesn't mean it doesn't also deserve our love and attention. :) 

Vall definitely has something special :)

Spoiler

qPB0ngC.png

That depends on the challenge, does it have to be hard?

Pol is basically a mini minmus and many challenges go to minmus to make things easy with a scoring system for payload or doing multiple things the challenges requests. Therefore a Pol mission can be hard if you intend to do big stuff on the surface, or at least harder.
If your intention is a hard challenge all around then anything Laythe related that goes from the ocean floor all into space and Tylo obviously is the prime hardest destination.

I also like Val, it is boring but rather unique in it's coloring and low hilled landscape compared to other bodies.

Edited by Aeroboi

On 5/5/2019 at 1:51 PM, vyznev said:

I'll vote for Vall, just because there aren't enough Vall challenges. It's like the Dres of the Jool system. Just because it's a rather boring iceball with nothing particularly special going for it, that doesn't mean it doesn't also deserve our love and attention. :) 

I'd say Pol is even more ignored than Dres sometimes!

I would go to say the Laythe is the hardest to re-enter on. It takes a lot of fuel to land on Vall. It takes a lot of size and skill for Tylo. It takes really nothing for Bop. It takes a wide lander to land on pol

12 hours ago, Aeroboi said:

Pol is basically a mini minmus

Pol according to some I talked about is a little bigger than Minmus

On 5/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Pol according to some I talked about is a little bigger than Minmus

They're all about the same size, but Pol is the smallest and Bop the largest.

Pol's radius is 44km, Minmus 60, Bop 65.

21 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

They're all about the same size, but Pol is the smallest and Bop the largest.

Pol's radius is 44km, Minmus 60, Bop 65.

Oops okay thank you for the correction

R.I.P Bop ;.;

On 5/5/2019 at 12:51 PM, vyznev said:

What's wrong with Vall and Dres

Spoiler

I know you mean it 

Spoiler

As

Spoiler

A

Spoiler

Joke

Another for Vall. It's a bit overlooked as a world. It's not in itself as "hard" to visit as Tylo or Laythe, but that's why you create a challenge.

Bop is also fun though. Low gravity, but home to the highest mountains in the solar system, it can catch out the unwary.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.