[1.7.x ~ 1.3.x] unBlur [ v0.5.0 @ 2019-06-01 ]

cakepie

Hello cakepie.

Sorry for the lack of information in my initial post. Here it goes:

- Texture settings are set to maximum quality.

- Running KSP 1.7.0 on Windows 10 64 bit in DirectX 9 (DirectX 11 rendering shows the same problems by the way)

- Log file is here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/pgc3rvkq9z8e472/KSP.log/file

Also, here is another toolbar rendering sample this time showing more mods exhibiting the same "problem":

Spoiler

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qzyhvbb2885d2zr/Icons_Comparaison_2.png/file

Shown mod from left to right: Kerbal Alarm Clock, [x] Science!, Final Frontier, Scansat (Big Map), Better Burn Time, Contracts Window+ and Kerbal Construction Time.

Top line: Original lossless .PNG textures. Blank ones are build-in/generated by the mod and they are not affected by this, strangely and hopefully.

Second Line: Blizzy Toolbar 1.7.18 rendering. This is without unBlur.

Third Line: Blizzy Toolbar 1.7.19 rendering. This is with unBlur.

Bottom Line: Original lossless PNG textures converted to DDS DXT5 without mipmaps using the "Crunch" command line utility at maximum quality settings.

The smudging found on the last line is very similar to how unBlur render the buttons in this case.

Edited by Galenmacil

@cakepie

I'd like to request that you stop putting the version number into the DLL name.  It means that anytime you change the dll, I will have to update over 100 build scripts because of the hard-coding of the dll name.

It's much easier to have the dll in a directory along with a .version file.  That doesn't interfere with any references in any other mod which would need to be recompiled.

I realize that I'm an edge case, but there are enough modders who do write and maintain multiple mods that this would be beneficial to many people

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/10/2020 at 1:12 AM, Hangdog said:

Do the changes to the Unity engine mess this up?

I get a frame rate of about 5 fps with this installed, and about 22 without. No other visual mods.

@cakepie

I am wondering the same. On the other end, after the engine changes introduced with ksp v1.8, is this mod still needed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.