Kerbal Space Program Breaks Ground with a New DLC!

UomoCapra

I like this expansion a lot better than the last one. In fact I never even bought the last one because I couldn't see any situation where I would use any of it. But this looks like it fills out a lot of the shortcomings of the base game.

3 minutes ago, Nigel Cardozo said:

Will @SQUAD update Making History after Breaking Ground is released

Lets hope so, there still are a few lingering bugs (that probably got ported into the console version of the parts pack too).

48 minutes ago, klesh said:

Says so right in the OP, man.

I must have missed that somehow. I'm on mobile right now and I'm under something odd tons of steel, so not all things display clearly.

Will there be a DLC bundle once this comes out? At a slightly discounted price than buying the two seperately ofcourse. It would make life much easier if I could buy new engines and new science at the same time.

6 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Tacos should be the new SI unit for dollars/(joy*seconds).

What's the unit of Joy?

3 hours ago, KingPhantom said:

i hope that all parts are also usable in space... i smell a canadarm on the stations. that would be AWESOME

Yeah! I might make a version of my Mk1 Station Arm from KerbalActuators, which is currently a programmable single-part robot arm, and turn it into a multi-part robot arm powered by the DLC’s Kerbal Robotics (or whatever it’s called). Speaking of which, here’s hoping that we get a sequencer of some sort. Like, record positions of various servo parts and then play them back. I did that for KA but a DLC powered solution would be one less thing that I have to maintain...

47 minutes ago, Xurkitree said:

Will there be a DLC bundle once this comes out? At a slightly discounted price than buying the two seperately ofcourse. It would make life much easier if I could buy new engines and new science at the same time.

What's the unit of Joy?

No, it's not Watts. (This works much better out loud).  

2 hours ago, mindstalker said:

Humans invented solid state rockets a 1000 years ago. Kerbals just weren't constrained by concepts like surviveability and oxygen, before strapping themselves above, besides, under a rocket to reach the stars.

Your logic and reason has no place here!

That aside.  I think it would be beneficial of Squad to reconsider the tech tree now that moving across the surface of planets may actually have a gameplay function.

4 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

I think it would be beneficial of Squad to reconsider the tech tree now that moving across the surface of planets may actually have a gameplay function.

Yes... this. I would actually play career or science modes if the tech tree was redone.

Edited by shdwlrd
Derp... mobiles

1 hour ago, Snark said:

Sorry for the long post...

Let's be real.  This should just be default at the beginning of all your posts.

Love your posts anyway.

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

This is a relatively small but important question and I'd love to know how they're handling this. The trick with time-based science is you don't want to let players just put one thing down and time-warp to infinite science, so Im assuming there will be some sort of either diminished returns and/or cutoff. The MPL mechanics are much improved from their earliest implementation but still a little clunky in the UI department. They've hinted at adding a lot of dimension to the process of gathering so I certainly hope they've been thinking of ways to make it all manageable and streamlining things as much as possible.

There's been many threads on how KSP could successfully pull off time based mechanics.  I'm hoping Squad has read them, as reiterating them would take a long time.

1 hour ago, Xurkitree said:

What's the unit of Joy?

Joy = 1/fresh-out-of-the-oven cookie feelings^2

Edited by Pthigrivi

16 minutes ago, PrathamK said:

$14.99 it's around ₹1043 INR, I got the game at a cheaper price of ₹800.

Yes. 40$ turns into less than 15$. Nice to see another Indian here lmao. DLC is like half of that, so is SR2.

Edited by Xurkitree

10 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

In Astroneer you can cut a PLANET in HALF with the terrain deformation tool.

And really all I'd like in KSP is a way to flatten (to a certain altitude above/below sea level around the center of the planet) an area to make a base.

And then base building tools so I can land raw materials there and turn them into a "mining module" or a "habitation module" or a "construction module" or a landing pad or a... and all these modules would be one-piece so the entire base is no more than a dozen or so parts, one per module.

@Angel-125 has that in his bulldozer part. It works with Kerbal Konstructs, IIRC. It would be nice to have it as part of stock or a DLC though.

Although if KK-lite became part of stock or DLC, @Ger_space would probably commit modder sudoku. And that would make me sad.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

Yeah! I might make a version of my Mk1 Station Arm from KerbalActuators, which is currently a programmable single-part robot arm, and turn it into a multi-part robot arm powered by the DLC’s Kerbal Robotics (or whatever it’s called). Speaking of which, here’s hoping that we get a sequencer of some sort. Like, record positions of various servo parts and then play them back. I did that for KA but a DLC powered solution would be one less thing that I have to maintain...

Synthesizers aren't useless without a sequencer, but a sequencer makes them so much more useful!

Edited by theonegalen

Are you guys planning on having another DLC release livestream featuring Scott Manley?

Are you planning on answering any of the myriad of questions your community is asking in this thread?

Edited by klesh

21 minutes ago, klesh said:

Are you guys planning on having another DLC release livestream featuring Scott Manley?

Are you planning on answering any of the myriad of questions your community is asking in this thread?

They are putting together “KSP Loading” articles. Patience. I am sure many questions will be answered by those.

Edited by MechBFP

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

IIRC the new mechanics are coming in a free update alongside the DLC, so you won’t need to have the DLC as a dependency for your mods.

3 minutes ago, klesh said:

I’d love it if they did that again! But since I live across the pond from you guys, it would probably end up being at an unholy time for me :P